judge orders Obama to appear in court - Birther Suit.

28 Jan 2012 13:33 #31 by Arlen

AspenValley wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote: If there is nothing to hide or fear, why not have the matter certified by a court and move on instead of leaving doubt?

Anyone who thinks you will do just fine in a court of law if you have nothing to fear or hide has never dealt with one.

Frivilous, baseless, unfair lawsuits are brought all the time, and what's more, the dirtbags who file them win much more often than is commonly realized.

Besides, do you seriously think that if the court "certified" Obama's birth certificate that it would stop the birthers "doubts"? I don't think anything would.

Take a look at what evidence and expert testimony was introduced in to courtroom in this case. More than one Adobe PDF expert testified that the birth certificate is a fake. Obama must refute this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2012 14:03 #32 by Mary Scott
I went looking for information on this court case and found this rather detailed account of the testimony. It appears to be a very right-wing site, but they don't try to hide that fact.

I had to click on the link several times to get through.

http://www.thenationalpatriot.com/?p=4138

28 Jan 2012 14:13 #33 by Arlen
Here is a more simple link:
http://www.thenationalpatriot.com/

Patriotic citizen(?), don't you think?

28 Jan 2012 16:14 #34 by Photo-fish
Georgia Court of Appeals will over turn this in Obama's favor and the other states will drop their suits. Obama will win the election. You'll all get over it after a few months and then it will be the same B.S as usual until the next nomination cycle.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

28 Jan 2012 16:23 #35 by Arlen
The Great Carnac has spoken.

28 Jan 2012 17:11 #36 by AspenValley

Arlen wrote:

AspenValley wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote: If there is nothing to hide or fear, why not have the matter certified by a court and move on instead of leaving doubt?

Anyone who thinks you will do just fine in a court of law if you have nothing to fear or hide has never dealt with one.

Frivilous, baseless, unfair lawsuits are brought all the time, and what's more, the dirtbags who file them win much more often than is commonly realized.

Besides, do you seriously think that if the court "certified" Obama's birth certificate that it would stop the birthers "doubts"? I don't think anything would.

Take a look at what evidence and expert testimony was introduced in to courtroom in this case. More than one Adobe PDF expert testified that the birth certificate is a fake. Obama must refute this.

I wasn't commenting on this case, nor do I intend to. I have no opinion on its merits or lack of them.

My comments were simply disputing the all-too-common and naive view that somehow "taking it to court" means that justice will be done.

28 Jan 2012 18:07 #37 by Rockdoc

AspenValley wrote:

Arlen wrote:

AspenValley wrote:

I wasn't commenting on this case, nor do I intend to. I have no opinion on its merits or lack of them.

My comments were simply disputing the all-too-common and naive view that somehow "taking it to court" means that justice will be done.

Well, Av, I can not dispute the miscarriage of justice occurs far more frequently than one would like. How that pertains to a birth certificate remains to be seen. I'm not going to get into the pros and cons. All I'm saying is this matter remains unresolved to the satisfaction of many. Of course all of them can make their dissatisfaction known during the presidential election. No matter what, the ongoing events will become part of the historical record and you know there will be someone out there who will pursue this issue to uncover the complete truth of the matter.

29 Jan 2012 07:32 #38 by AspenValley

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Of course all of them can make their dissatisfaction known during the presidential election.

So why don't they rely on that time-tested, legal and constitutional remedy to an elected official in office they dont approve of and simply vote him out? I'll tell you why...they are afraid they don't have the votes to do it so they are trying to interfere with that time-honored, legal and constitutional method of selecting our leaders by forcing the candidate off state ballots through misuse of state courts by filling frivolous lawsuits.

Since free and open elections are a cornerstone of our system of governance, it seems to me a dangerous precedent to set, no matter how much certain people dislike the sitting President. But this isn't the first time the same group has set dangerous precedents in this regard, is it? Whether our republic will survive them remains to be seen. I have grave doubts that it will, personally. If you bend, evade, and subvert traditional methods of governance and election of officials, eventually those traditional methods become ineffective, unfair and sooner or later utterly meaningless and corrupt.

29 Jan 2012 07:48 #39 by LadyJazzer
They hated this guy from the beginning... "What's that black man doing in my WHITE House?"... And the time-honored tradition of the Republican dirty-tricks machine has been in full-force for three years now... "They can't win if they don't cheat."

Given the two front runners on their side, I think we'll have four more years to cram their hypocrisy down their throats.

Frivolous lawsuits are not going to change anything, but certainly confirm that the wingnuts and lunatics are still hard at work.

29 Jan 2012 08:50 #40 by MWMGROUP

AspenValley wrote:

Can the folks that question the validity of a presidential candidate have their day in court? After all, isn't the question of his birth relating to a requirement for a person to hold the Office of the President of the United States?

If it is deemed that he is eligible then folks can move on.

If he is not eligible, will those protecting him "move on" or will they just whine that "haters" and "racists" are at fault?

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds