judge orders Obama to appear in court - Birther Suit.

26 Jan 2012 18:56 #11 by Something the Dog Said
this "case" will never make it to trial. It will be dismissed on summary judgement if not before.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2012 18:57 #12 by navycpo7

Something the Dog Said wrote: this "case" will never make it to trial. It will be dismissed on summary judgement if not before.

Isn't there a law that the President can invoke so as not to appear. I though Bush Jr. did that, could be wrong.

26 Jan 2012 22:29 #13 by bailey bud
obama in a birthday suit?
not a pretty thought.......

26 Jan 2012 22:43 #14 by otisptoadwater
There's an R rated joke in there somewhere about being blasian (balck-asian) and how it might effect the size of a mans "wedding tackle" but this isn't the ring so I'll leave it there.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

27 Jan 2012 04:51 #15 by LadyJazzer
Yes, one would hope the usual racist jokes are kept in the Ring...

27 Jan 2012 14:28 #16 by Sugar Lady

CinnamonGirl wrote: A Georgia judge has ordered President Barack Obama to appear in court in Atlanta Thursday for a hearing on a complaint that says Obama isn’t a natural-born citizen and can’t be president.

Orly Taitz, the California attorney who brought the legal challenge to Obama’s name on the March Georgia presidential primary ballot, says this is what she has been working for over the last three years.

“This will be 100 times bigger than Watergate,” she said Saturday morning, referring to the scandal that brought down President Richard Nixon in 1974.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/01/23/2 ... rylink=cpy

Is the President above the law? What would happen if any one of the citizens didn't show up.

Associated Press via 11Alive News in Atlanta reports: “President Obama and his attorney did not attend a hearing in Georgia that seeks to keep Obama off the state's ballot over claims he is not a natural-born citizen.

Deputy Chief Judge Michael Malihi last week ordered Obama to appear at Thursday's hearing, but his attorney Michael Jablonski said he will not be there. Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp wrote to Jablonski on Wednesday that if Obama and his attorney don't show up, "you do so at your own peril."

Similar complaints have been filed in other states. None have been successful.

Secretary of State Brian P. Kemp said he will listen carefully to both sides and decide which is the best decision. Reported by Atlanta's 11Alive News.

27 Jan 2012 14:38 #17 by Reverend Revelant

otisptoadwater wrote: There's an R rated joke in there somewhere about being blasian (balck-asian) and how it might effect the size of a mans "wedding tackle" but this isn't the ring so I'll leave it there.

You mean "R" as in racist? Why would you even make a joke about black-asian?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

27 Jan 2012 17:22 #18 by Arlen
The judge has indicated that a summary judgement will be given in favor of the plaintiff. This will mean that Obama cannot be nominated in the primaries by the Democratic Party in the State of Georgia.

27 Jan 2012 17:25 #19 by Soulshiner
I have a feeling he will be the Democratic nominee even without the Georgia delegates from their primary...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

27 Jan 2012 17:26 #20 by Arlen
Alabama is next. Then Arizona.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds