Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

13 Mar 2012 17:31 #431 by CC

photo-fish wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote: My question was not whether you would help "someone", the question is, would you help ME?

I'd have to say yes even though I have never met you. I'd give you a lift. Watch yer back for traffic while you changed a tire. Help push the car to the shoulder. I do it all the time. Pay it forward and hope that it gets returned when you need it. Like on 9/28/11 when I took the ditch and a stranger helped me out.

It is a fricken web forum, if anyone is gonna take this crap here and hold it personally against me then it is their problem. I'd hate to show up at a brunch or picnic and have something I may or may not have said here be a reason for somebody to wanna beat on me.

3 things my grandma told me that ought to be left out of polite social discussion (I assume she meant face to face as she never knew the internet):
1. How much money you make.
2. Who you are voting for.
3. Who you are sleeping with.

I told this to my friend Nmysys once and he said: "That doesn't leave that much to talk about does it?" rofllol True enough but we still get along just fine.

:like: :yeahthat:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Mar 2012 17:52 #432 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: If someone is in a ditch or out of gas, (at least up here in the mountains), I stop to help.

I'm done debating with you... Your hypocrisy has gone too far.

My question was not whether you would help "someone", the question is, would you help ME?

For the record LJ, I WOULD help you. I think I already know the answer to my question that you are unwilling to answer. Fortunately, I believe you are not in the majority...yet.

I wasn't avoiding the question...Today was the first day that it's been warm enough outside to go refurbish my two propane bbq-grills...

To answer your question, of COURSE I would help you, as I would help any neighbor. (However, in the interest of keeping bloodshed to a minimum, I would probably suggest we don't talk politics...)

Well then you just proved my point by proving me wrong. I figured you would tell me to pound salt because that's what I assumed by your history of posts. I am happy to know your are not what I thought you were, even if I was wrong. :thumbsup: And I don't talk politics with my dad for the same reason.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Mar 2012 17:54 #433 by Soulshiner

photo-fish wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote: My question was not whether you would help "someone", the question is, would you help ME?

I'd have to say yes even though I have never met you. I'd give you a lift. Watch yer back for traffic while you changed a tire. Help push the car to the shoulder. I do it all the time. Pay it forward and hope that it gets returned when you need it. Like on 9/28/11 when I took the ditch and a stranger helped me out.

It is a fricken web forum, if anyone is gonna take this crap here and hold it personally against me then it is their problem. I'd hate to show up at a brunch or picnic and have something I may or may not have said here be a reason for somebody to wanna beat on me.

3 things my grandma told me that ought to be left out of polite social discussion (I assume she meant face to face as she never knew the internet):

I told this to my friend Nmysys once and he said: "That doesn't leave that much to talk about does it?" rofllol True enough but we still get along just fine.

Really? Because I'd put beastiality way above any of those three...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

13 Mar 2012 17:58 - 13 Mar 2012 19:41 #434 by JSG
I think beastiality is covered under #3.

13 Mar 2012 19:02 #435 by Sunshine Girl

LadyJazzer wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: If someone is in a ditch or out of gas, (at least up here in the mountains), I stop to help.

I'm done debating with you... Your hypocrisy has gone too far.

My question was not whether you would help "someone", the question is, would you help ME?

For the record LJ, I WOULD help you. I think I already know the answer to my question that you are unwilling to answer. Fortunately, I believe you are not in the majority...yet.

I wasn't avoiding the question...Today was the first day that it's been warm enough outside to go refurbish my two propane bbq-grills...

To answer your question, of COURSE I would help you, as I would help any neighbor. (However, in the interest of keeping bloodshed to a minimum, I would probably suggest we don't talk politics...)

You are both AWESOME peeps! Loved reading this.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

13 Mar 2012 19:03 #436 by Sunshine Girl

Becky wrote:

photo-fish wrote:

:like: :yeahthat:

Double :like: :like: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

19 Mar 2012 11:30 #437 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.
After Limbaugh calling Georgetown Law Student Sandra Fluke a "slut" on air resulted in the loss of advertising revenue for the talk show host—and a phone call from President Obama to Fluke—conservative pundits began to compare Limbaugh's remarks to those made in the past by Maher, who, among other things, has called Sarah Pailn a "c***" and a "dumb t***."

http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2012/03/ ... rance.html

Okay, explain this one!

19 Mar 2012 11:36 #438 by LadyJazzer
How's that "They did it too" working out for ya?

I wonder how many advertisers have bailed on the COMEDIAN Bill Maher vs. the GOP Spokesperson (and sometime-entertainer) Rush Limbaugh?

Oh...Bill Maher, the comedian, doesn't depend on advertisers... Forgot.... :biggrin:

19 Mar 2012 12:22 #439 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: How's that "They did it too" working out for ya?

I wonder how many advertisers have bailed on the COMEDIAN Bill Maher vs. the GOP Spokesperson (and sometime-entertainer) Rush Limbaugh?

Oh...Bill Maher, the comedian, doesn't depend on advertisers... Forgot.... :biggrin:

I understand why you keep foisting that 'spokesman' label on Limbaugh - it serves your purposes of running down everything conservative. It does make you look pretty silly though.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

19 Mar 2012 12:38 #440 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Rush Limbaugh Apologizes For His "Slut" Remarks.

LadyJazzer wrote: How's that "They did it too" working out for ya?

Just what I expected. He gets a pass for being one of you. You should be calling for his head. Calling anyone a C word is WAY worse than what Rush did. Plain and simple but "Oh, sorry we can't do or say anything if he doesn't have advertisers."

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds