thoughts on the Trayvon murder

23 Mar 2012 18:42 #21 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder

navycpo7 wrote: As for the so called local racists, I don't see it at all, but I was taught and it seems to hold true for the most part, those that call others racist seem to be the real racist..

I'm guessing some black guy call you a racist once? But he was the real racist right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Mar 2012 18:44 #22 by UNDER MODERATION

navycpo7 wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

plaidvillain wrote: No. Without the media frenzy, nobody wwould have ever heard a thing about it.

Bill, I don't need to list the local racists - they announce themselves.

As for the so called local racists, I don't see it at all, but I was taught and it seems to hold true for the most part, those that call others racist seem to be the real racist..

Wearing a hoodie is not a reason to shoot anyone. I have heard rumors that the shooter has been in trouble with the Law before, so that is to be seen.

What does that matter..?

"He stole a bike once so we can shoot him now"

what does stealing a bike got to do with this NOTHING

You "heard rumors that the shooter has been in trouble with the Law before"

So!? You can just shoot him then?

23 Mar 2012 18:47 #23 by Martin Ent Inc
Black guy shot by hispanic,,, right away it is racist according to some here. But I don't see it that way.
I think some wannabee "police" mall cop made a huge mistake.

23 Mar 2012 18:52 #24 by otisptoadwater

plaidvillain wrote: I'm surprised this event isn't already being discussed, although I know many here in our homogenous insulated community don't give a damn about racial injustices...still, I'd love to hear the local racists explain why this neighborhood watch bozo shouldn't get the death penalty. How about the police?

IMHO, in this forum taking a position for or against what happened will come with labels about the poster's ideology, tolerance or intolerance of other races, and the obvious political implications of Obama expressing his concern in the press.

Were I so affluent that I could or would live in a gated community, I don't see anything wrong with having an expectation of security. After all the gates, guns, and neighborhood watch are there to keep out the 99%.

Since the deceased lived in the gated community I would also expect that the neighborhood watch would be astute enough to know who lives there and who doesn't. Since Martin lived in the community he had to cross through the gates to make his Skittles run. Why didn't the watchman observe Martin leaving the community?

Zimmerman observes what he believes is potentially criminal behavior, calls 911, ignores what the 911 dispatcher tells him to do, and confronts the Martin (who also happens to be black). No one witnesses the events that follow, we only know what Zimmerman says happened and one neighbor who also called 911 but refused to go outside or to a window to look after the altercation began. Zimmerman shoots Martin and claims his life was in danger.

What were Zimmerman's motives? Is he a racist who took this single opportunity to shoot a young black man he knew lived in the community or is it possible that he was really attempting to protect the community?

What about Martin's behavior and reaction to being confronted by Zimmerman? Did Martin do anything to escalate the situation or provoke Zimmerman?

Why is Obama bringing this case into the national press and expressing his concern now? Is it a blatant move to draw support from minorities in his bid to be re-elected or is he genuinely concerned about the criminal aspects of this incident?

There are no easy answers in this case.

If someone were to support Zimmerman's actions and indicate that Florida's Stand Your Ground law applies to this incident then that person is probably a racist.

Take the opposite point of view, indicating Martin did nothing wrong and this was a senseless racially motivated murder then that person is probably anti-gun, racist, and anti-authority.

Regardless of anyone's opinion, the result is the same. A young man is dead, his family grieves, and Florida law may allow for the events that lead up to the fatal shooting to protect the shooter from prosecution. What remains in question is the need for deadly force, Zimmerman's account of the incident, and the veracity of Zimmerman's statement concerning the incident.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

23 Mar 2012 18:55 #25 by UNDER MODERATION

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Black guy shot by hispanic,,, right away it is racist according to some here. But I don't see it that way.
I think some wannabee "police" mall cop made a huge mistake.

True, but he never woulda shot a little white boy..

You know it
I know it
We all know it

23 Mar 2012 18:56 #26 by Martin Ent Inc
:yeahthat:
Have to agree Otis

23 Mar 2012 19:01 #27 by UNDER MODERATION
There we go

23 Mar 2012 19:02 #28 by navycpo7

Vice Lord wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: As for the so called local racists, I don't see it at all, but I was taught and it seems to hold true for the most part, those that call others racist seem to be the real racist..

I'm guessing some black guy call you a racist once? But he was the real racist right?

Well again you show you talk about what you nothing about. And the person that taught this class was black but he was not a racist and is still a good friend of mine.

23 Mar 2012 19:09 #29 by Mtn Gramma

Vice Lord wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:
As for the so called local racists, I don't see it at all, but I was taught and it seems to hold true for the most part, those that call others racist seem to be the real racist..

Wearing a hoodie is not a reason to shoot anyone. I have heard rumors that the shooter has been in trouble with the Law before, so that is to be seen.

What does that matter..?

"He stole a bike once so we can shoot him now"

what does stealing a bike got to do with this NOTHING

You "heard rumors that the shooter has been in trouble with the Law before"

So!? You can just shoot him then?

Go back to remedial reading, putz. Navycpo7 said, "I have heard rumors that the SHOOTER has been in trouble with the Law before..." The shooter is the guy with the gun, not the person shot. Sheesh.

23 Mar 2012 19:11 #30 by Martin Ent Inc
And he probably woulda shot his grandmother due to the fact he is a wannabee mall cop.
But again I do not know all the details so I am speculating here.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds