thoughts on the Trayvon murder

23 Mar 2012 19:16 #31 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder

navycpo7 wrote: Well again you show you talk about what you nothing about. And the person that taught this class was black but he was not a racist and is still a good friend of mine.

What class?

Racism 101?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Mar 2012 19:36 #32 by navycpo7

Vice Lord wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

plaidvillain wrote: No. Without the media frenzy, nobody wwould have ever heard a thing about it.

Bill, I don't need to list the local racists - they announce themselves.

As for the so called local racists, I don't see it at all, but I was taught and it seems to hold true for the most part, those that call others racist seem to be the real racist..

Wearing a hoodie is not a reason to shoot anyone. I have heard rumors that the shooter has been in trouble with the Law before, so that is to be seen.

What does that matter..?

"He stole a bike once so we can shoot him now"

what does stealing a bike got to do with this NOTHING

You "heard rumors that the shooter has been in trouble with the Law before"

So!? You can just shoot him then?

You know VL i am not going to even discuss this with you, you don't have enough common sense for that and I have much more serious issues that I have to deal with right now concerning my son.

23 Mar 2012 19:38 #33 by navycpo7

Vice Lord wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: Well again you show you talk about what you nothing about. And the person that taught this class was black but he was not a racist and is still a good friend of mine.

What class?

Racism 101?

No dumbsh*& it was called now I am going to say this slowly for your dumba*& E Q U A L O P P U R T U N I T Y CLASS.

23 Mar 2012 19:47 #34 by Martin Ent Inc
Your talking to a marroon Navy, so let it pass. The guy has the common sense of a BLONDE. LOL

23 Mar 2012 19:53 #35 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder

navycpo7 wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

plaidvillain wrote: No. Without the media frenzy, nobody wwould have ever heard a thing about it.

Bill, I don't need to list the local racists - they announce themselves.

As for the so called local racists, I don't see it at all, but I was taught and it seems to hold true for the most part, those that call others racist seem to be the real racist..

Wearing a hoodie is not a reason to shoot anyone. I have heard rumors that the shooter has been in trouble with the Law before, so that is to be seen.

What does that matter..?

"He stole a bike once so we can shoot him now"

what does stealing a bike got to do with this NOTHING

You "heard rumors that the shooter has been in trouble with the Law before"

So!? You can just shoot him then?

You know VL i am not going to even discuss this with you, you don't have enough common sense for that and I have much more serious issues that I have to deal with right now concerning my son.

I hope he's alright...

23 Mar 2012 19:55 #36 by otisptoadwater

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Your talking to a marroon Navy, so let it pass. The guy has the common sense of a BLONDE. LOL

Go easy Martin! You are making Blondes look bad by at least ten rough orders of magnitude!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

23 Mar 2012 20:03 #37 by Martin Ent Inc

otisptoadwater wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Your talking to a marroon Navy, so let it pass. The guy has the common sense of a BLONDE. LOL

Go easy Martin! You are making Blondes look bad by at least ten rough orders of magnitude!

rofllol

23 Mar 2012 20:18 #38 by PrintSmith

plaidvillain wrote:

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Don't worry it will become a racisit thing.

It already IS a racist thing. Shooting people for no reason other than their skin color is not a "racisit thing" to you? Are you fine with it?

I own many hoodies...so Geraldo figures it'd be MY fault if someone shot me. Well, I think rednecks in flannels are "suspicious"...I own a home in a quiet, private area...if I start assaulting rednecks, because I feel they present a threat to my home in their redneck "colors"...will I walk away without investigation or charges?

Would love to know where the evidence is that a Hispanic shot a Black solely on account of their race can be found. Or,more likely, is it that our very own racist simply saw the last name of Zimmerman and launched off on yet another unfounded attack solely because, like any good Alinskyist, the opportunity to make political hay with a tragedy can't be wasted. I really do wish that the left would cease their attempts to keep the union divided along racial lines. Democrats have been at this now for 150 years and I, for one, am tired of it. I would much prefer that everyone be judged by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin, but for some odd reason the Democrats and their "progressive" wing seem intent on forever delaying the arrival of that day. No, they will not accept a color blind society in which to live, they are insistent that the color of one's skin be the most important aspect whenever the skin color of two individuals involved in any tragedy is not the same.

23 Mar 2012 20:36 #39 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder

We don't yet know every detail of the incident between Martin and Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla., that ended with an unarmed 17-year-old high-school student being shot dead. But we know enough to conclude that this is an old, familiar story.

We know from tapes of Zimmerman's 911 call that he initiated the encounter, having decided that Martin's presence in the neighborhood was suspicious. We know that when Zimmerman told the 911 operator that he was following Martin, the operator responded, "OK, we don't need you to do that." We know that Zimmerman kept following Martin anyway.

"This guy looks like he is up to no good," Zimmerman said on the 911 tape.

Please tell me, what would be the innocent way to walk down the street with an iced tea and some Skittles? Hint: For black men, that's a trick question.

<snip>

Does it matter than Zimmerman is himself a member of a minority group — he is Hispanic — or that his family says he has black friends? Not in the least. The issue isn't Zimmerman's race or ethnicity; it's the hair-trigger assumption he made that "black male" equals "up to no good."

Trayvon Martin case shows racist assumptions persist

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... ck-america

23 Mar 2012 21:01 #40 by plaidvillain
Otis, why does your otherwise accurate accounting of the facts exclude mention of Zimmerman's racial slur during the call to the dispatcher? Maybe you weren't aware of that detail, or maybe it just makes it more difficult to get to the stance you want to get to.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 957.column

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds