thoughts on the Trayvon murder

24 Mar 2012 21:32 #81 by Reverend Revelant

deltamrey wrote: IMHO - our community has no diversity ----so most posts here have thin credibility

no offense just a fact.

ANd I grew up on the East Coast in a very big, diverse city... in a very integrated neighborhood... and many of my friends were minorities... offense taken... your facts are not facts.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Mar 2012 21:48 #82 by plaidvillain
Where did I say anything about gun control? When have I ever argued for any gun control? Never, you quack. Your misguided assumptions once again are the faulty premise you base your argument upon.

You really have no idea what you're talking about anymore.

24 Mar 2012 23:18 #83 by Reverend Revelant
Here's a good idea... let's just have the public go after Zimmerman and take care of justice.

Group offers $10,000 to ‘capture’ Trayvon Martin’s killer -The new Black Panther Party offered a bounty of $10,000 Saturday for the “capture” of a Florida neighborhood watch captain

The new Black Panther Party offered a bounty of $10,000 Saturday for the “capture” of a Florida neighborhood watch captain who killed unarmed teen Trayvon Martin.

“An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” leader Mikhail Muhammad said after announcing the reward for George Zimmerman at a protest in Sanford, Fla.

Muhammad called on 5,000 black men to mobilize and capture the neighborhood watch volunteer.

“If the government won’t do the job, we’ll do it,” Muhammad said, leading chants that included “freedom or death” and “justice for Trayvon.”

Muhammad said New Black Panther’s chairman, Malik Zulu Shabaz of Washington, was taking donations from black entertainers and athletes.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z1q6RAHp00

I don't see President Obama (the white black) making any statements about this?

25 Mar 2012 01:09 #84 by archer

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: Here's a good idea... let's just have the public go after Zimmerman and take care of justice.

Group offers $10,000 to ‘capture’ Trayvon Martin’s killer -The new Black Panther Party offered a bounty of $10,000 Saturday for the “capture” of a Florida neighborhood watch captain

The new Black Panther Party offered a bounty of $10,000 Saturday for the “capture” of a Florida neighborhood watch captain who killed unarmed teen Trayvon Martin.

“An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,” leader Mikhail Muhammad said after announcing the reward for George Zimmerman at a protest in Sanford, Fla.

Muhammad called on 5,000 black men to mobilize and capture the neighborhood watch volunteer.

“If the government won’t do the job, we’ll do it,” Muhammad said, leading chants that included “freedom or death” and “justice for Trayvon.”

Muhammad said New Black Panther’s chairman, Malik Zulu Shabaz of Washington, was taking donations from black entertainers and athletes.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z1q6RAHp00

I don't see President Obama (the white black) making any statements about this?

Another fringe group making a lot of noise.....I've yet to see any president, or any elected official, for that matter, give a response to idiots out on the fringes of society. To do so gives validity to them and their agenda. If every Republican had to address the Nazis skin heads, and abortion doctor murderers and the Democrats had address groups like these New Black Panthers......then new groups would pop up every day just for the publicity. I don't know how others feel about it, but ignoring groups and individuals out on the fringes seems like the wisest path to take. If they were in another country though, we would probably invade.

25 Mar 2012 02:42 #85 by PrintSmith

archer wrote: Really? It couldn't be because their on the site investigation was sloppy? or they just wrote it off as this kid must have been a bad kid so Zimmerman did the right thing? Your fact of the matter is your opinion.

The police examined the scene the night of the incident. What they found was a dead person and a man who claimed he shot someone in self defense that had a gash to the back of his head, a broken nose, facial bruising, grass stains on his back and a witness who said that Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating his face while Zimmerman cried out for help shortly before the shot was fired. After 2 weeks of investigating, the police department turned over the results of their investigation to the office of the district attorney, which has also not filed any charges after having the case to review for an additional two weeks. Those are the facts of the matter thus far archer. No one has yet come forward saying the saw the entire altercation or how it began, the only narrative of that comes from Zimmerman. We have some witnesses who provide a version of what they saw after the shot was fired where Zimmerman was on top of Martin, and we have the knowledge that Martin was found face down with a gunshot wound that had entered his chest, not his back. All of this is consistent with Zimmerman shooting Martin while Martin was on top of him striking him in the face. I am not certain what you are relying on for your "sloppy investigation" allegation other than pure speculation - perhaps you would like to share what that might be.

I think it is more likely that this is the result of a community seeking to turn this into a racial issue because they actually believe it is......how do you know they are all liberals? As for gun control, every time there is a gun crime you start squealing that the liberals are going to push gun control. That, again, is your opinion.

I would disagree - I think that it is pretty much an established fact that the liberal response to gun crime is to push for more gun control. That is what has been happening beginning with the passage of the 1934 National Firearms Act by the "progressive" Democrats to take guns out of the hands of citizens because they might be misused. There is a call for "Stand Your Ground" legislation to be reversed - which is essentially a call to rescind the liberalization of the self defense laws involving the use of a gun to defend yourself and that call is not coming from the conservatives, is it.

Dispassionate review? really? that's a fact? Nope, I think that is your opinion PS, we don't know yet how accurate the review has been, nor do we know much else about the real "facts" in this case.

What do you possess that says the review hasn't been dispassionate archer? The homicide detectives conducted an investigation for approximately two weeks after the shooting which they then forwarded to the office of the district attorney for review which has lasted another two weeks so far without either finding grounds upon which to challenge the claim of self defense despite enormous pressure to arrest Zimmerman on murder charges. If that doesn't show a determined attempt to let facts rather than emotions set the course of action, please tell me what it does show.

25 Mar 2012 07:40 #86 by FredHayek
The media has chosen to use a picture of Trayvon when he was a 12 year old instead of the more up-to-date thug culture photos on his Facebook page. More liberal slant? It always interests me to see what moment in time they use for news stories like this.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Mar 2012 07:46 #87 by FredHayek

deltamrey wrote: IMHO - our community has no diversity ----so most posts here have thin credibility

no offense just a fact.

B.S. while there aren't many minorities here, few of us grew up here. I spent 4 years living in a black neighborhood in Omaha, VL has Chicago roots, etc.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Mar 2012 08:48 #88 by Martin Ent Inc

no offense just a fact.

I grew up in the south, we had race riots when I was in high school, kids on both sides were shot.
And as far as credibility :Whistle

25 Mar 2012 08:56 #89 by Reverend Revelant

no offense just a fact.

After reading the responses to your comment, I see that you're credibility is rather thin.

25 Mar 2012 17:10 #90 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:
[snip]

Another fringe group making a lot of noise.....I've yet to see any president, or any elected official, for that matter, give a response to idiots out on the fringes of society. To do so gives validity to them and their agenda. If every Republican had to address the Nazis skin heads, and abortion doctor murderers and the Democrats had address groups like these New Black Panthers......then new groups would pop up every day just for the publicity. I don't know how others feel about it, but ignoring groups and individuals out on the fringes seems like the wisest path to take. If they were in another country though, we would probably invade.

Just a fringe group?

he New Black Panther Party (NBPP), whose formal name is the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense, is a U.S.-based black political organization founded in Dallas, Texas in 1989. Despite its name, NBPP is not an official successor to the Black Panther Party.[1] Members of the original Black Panther Party have insisted that the newer party is illegitimate and have strongly objected that there "is no new Black Panther Party."[1] The Anti-Defamation League, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights consider the New Black Panthers to be a hate group.[2][3][4]

When former Nation of Islam (NOI) minister Khalid Abdul Muhammad became the national chairman of the NBPP from the late 1990s until his death in 2001, the group attracted many breakaway members of the NOI. The NBPP is currently led by Malik Zulu Shabazz; it upholds Khalid Abdul Muhammad as the de facto father of the movement.

In April 2010, Malik Zulu Shabazz appointed French Black leader Stellio Capo Chichi as the representative of the movement in France.[5] Capo Chichi has been holding the position of head of the francophone branch of NBPP.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party

When you attract the attention of the ADL, the SPLC and the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights... you're not just fringe. Obama (the white black), who had no problem weighing in on the Zimmerman case should make a statement about this threat and let the country know that this is NOT the way justice is handled in this country. If this was a white-supremacist group making this threat, the left would be outraged (and rightfully so).

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds