thoughts on the Trayvon murder

26 Mar 2012 12:17 #121 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder
Well, I like Time because they tend to have more complete information and analysis, as magazines often do, compared to newspapers that have a tighter deadline.

And anyone who prints can have out of date information from the moment the story hits the printer. It's the nature of the beast. That's why I subscribe to the iPad edition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2012 12:51 - 26 Mar 2012 12:55 #123 by JSG
Why not just link to an article on StormFront.org?

But what would you do if you were walking through a neighborhood at night and some guy stuck a gun in your face and asked you what you were doing there? Remember, it was Zimmerman who chased the kid, not the other way around. If he got his ass kicked, he deserved it.

26 Mar 2012 12:54 #124 by FredHayek
I think SOP would be to pull the shooter's concealed carry permit, so I am guessing Zimmerman is now unarmed and the Black Panthers have put a capture bounty on his head.
Could be a quite interesting coming year for the White Hispanic.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Mar 2012 13:02 #125 by Reverend Revelant
New information.

"Tray was a beautiful child. He was raised to have manners and be respectful. He was a teenager who still had a lot of kid in him," his father, Tracy Martin, 45, said. "He still loved to go to Chuck E. Cheese with his cousins and would bake them chocolate chip cookies when he was babysitting them."

Still, Trayvon had nonviolent behavioral issues in school, and on the day he was killed, he had been suspended for 10 days from Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School in North Miami-Dade. "He was not suspended for something dealing with violence or anything like that. It wasn't a crime he committed, but he was in an unauthorized area (on school property)," Martin said, declining to offer more details.[/i]

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/22/35 ... rylink=cpy

Ten days?

New picture (current age, not the "baby" pictures the media has been using)

New Trayvon Martin Picture - Credits: Posted on Facebook and Twitter by Stephen Martin. (Trayvon's older brother)

A new witness... and further information

In addition, an eyewitness, 13-year-old Austin Brown, told police he saw a man fitting Zimmerman's description lying on the grass moaning and crying for help just seconds before he heard the gunshot that killed Martin.

ABC News has also learned that Martin was staying in Sanford at the time because he'd been suspended from Krop High School in Miami after being found with an empty bag of marijuana. He was staying at his father's fiance's house in Sanford.

Family spokesperson Ryan Julison confirmed to ABC News that Martin was suspended for an "empty baggy that had contained pot."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin ... 3C9LWGtP5x

FYI.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Mar 2012 13:05 #126 by Martin Ent Inc
He B show'n da homy he b bad.

And maybe he said he was going to get his pc and kill Zimmerman.

26 Mar 2012 13:13 #127 by PrintSmith

JSG wrote: Family spokesman Ryan Julison said the family has always maintained that Trayvon’s suspension had nothing to do with anything violent.

“The fact of the matter is that an empty baggie does not change what occurred,” he said. “The reason he was suspended does not change the fact that if George Zimmerman had stayed in his car, none of this would have happened.”
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2 ... rylink=cpy

I would agree with that, none of it would have happened in Zimmerman had stayed in his car. It would also be a true statement that none of it would have happened in Martin hadn't left the house that evening. My point here is that neither of the two actions, in and of themselves, is directly responsible for Martin ending up dead. The reason Martin is dead is a cascade of events that occurred that night and there are a number of points along that cascade where a different decision on either of their parts would have resulted in a different conclusion, Zimmerman deciding to step out of his vehicle is perhaps the first such opportunity to avoid the cascade, but it isn't the only one.

26 Mar 2012 13:18 #128 by Grady
“Pussy Ass Cracker.” t shirts now on sale

Smoking Gun.com

26 Mar 2012 13:25 #129 by Reverend Revelant

Grady For Elk Creek Fire wrote: “Pussy Ass Cracker.” t shirts now on sale

Smoking Gun.com

There's nothing wrong with that. Just a natural reaction to the shooting. Just like the reward that the New Black Panthers have offered for Zimmermans capture.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Mar 2012 13:28 - 26 Mar 2012 13:35 #130 by JSG

PrintSmith wrote: The reason Martin is dead is a cascade of events that occurred that night and there are a number of points along that cascade where a different decision on either of their parts would have resulted in a different conclusion, Zimmerman deciding to step out of his vehicle is perhaps the first such opportunity to avoid the cascade, but it isn't the only one.

But this chain of bizarre events started with Zimmerman getting out of his car, chasing and confronting Martin. Prior to that, Martin was doing what anyone would normally do.

Martin was walking to his Dad's home from the 7-11 with Skittles and a can of ice tea. I'm sure he wasn't the only one out walking in the neighborhood that night. The rest got home safely because they weren't confronted by Zimmerman.

I would hate to be Zimmerman. He's screwed if he isn't charged and screwed if he is charged and goes to prison. He'll have to be put in solitary for his own protection.

By the way, that is a mug shot of Zimmerman from a previous crime. Funny how you guys like to bring up Martin's school suspension but never mention Zimmerman's criminal history.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds