thoughts on the Trayvon murder

26 Mar 2012 13:33 #131 by Reverend Revelant
More new information...

With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered, authorities have revealed to the Orlando Sentinel.

That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say.[/i]

Zimmerman has not spoken publicly about what happened, but that night, Feb. 26, and in later meetings he described and re-enacted for police what he says happened.

In his version of events, he had turned around and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from behind, the two exchanged words then Trayvon punched him in the nose, sending him to the ground, and began beating him.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... -community

FYI

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2012 13:34 #132 by Reverend Revelant

JSG wrote:
[snip]
I would hate to be Zimmerman. He's screwed if he isn't charged[/i] and screwed if he is charged and goes to prison. He'll have to be put in solitary for his own protection.

Agreed... the New Black Panthers will see to that.

26 Mar 2012 13:37 - 26 Mar 2012 14:06 #133 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder
I wouldn't limit that sentiment to just the New Black Panthers.

26 Mar 2012 14:04 #134 by bailey bud
I'm not going to read all 13 pages of the comments.

My only thought is that the media is trying to be judge and jury on this case - and that there's a reason why the legal system handles cases here in the USA.

The more I hear about this case, the more convinced I am that the media and political opportunists should have let the system figure this out.

26 Mar 2012 14:14 #135 by PrintSmith

JSG wrote: But this chain of bizarre events started with Zimmerman getting out of his car, chasing and confronting Martin. Prior to that, Martin was doing what anyone would normally do.

According to the account given police, Zimmerman lost sight of Martin and it was Martin who then chose to confront Zimmerman. You don't have to believe that account if you don't want to, but there is no account thus far which establishes that it was Zimmerman that confronted Martin.

I agree that the cascade got rolling when Zimmerman got out of his vehicle and followed Martin to keep him in sight until the police got there. However, when you listen to the entire 4 minute long tape ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL72w4xi ... re=related ) what you hear is that about 1 minute in, before Zimmerman exits the vehicle (at about the 2:12 mark is when you hear the chimes and you start getting background noise) he talks about the person looking at him and walking towards him. Zimmerman gets out of the vehicle after noting that Martin is running. About 30 seconds later, 2:40 or so, you hear the background noise level drop considerably and Zimmerman state "He ran" - to me an indication that he lost sight of Martin. About 3:37 in, Zimmerman, after giving his address to the operator, exclaims, "Oh cr*p, I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is" - further indication that he has lost all contact with Martin. Now, I don't know if Zimmerman was heading back to his vehicle at that point or continuing to look for Martin, but it is obvious that he is no longer in either visual or direct contact with him for nearly a minute at that point. How did they get back in contact with each other JSG? Did Zimmerman find him again or did Martin come up from behind him as he described to the police?

You don't know that Zimmerman confronted Martin, do you JSG. You believe it, but you don't know it. For all you know the direct confrontation started exactly as Zimmerman described it to the police that night. You are part of the whole "unarmed innocent black teenager shot down by racist vigilante" crowd. Your mind is made up, don't bother you with the facts, right? Don't bother looking at what information there is with an uncritical eye JSG - it might just give you cause to question your beliefs regarding Zimmerman and his actions that night.

26 Mar 2012 14:43 #136 by FredHayek
Zimmerman's story? One of the reasons if you are in a situation like this, shoot to kill. Dead men have a hard time testifying against you.

So is the left now going to say that Zimmerman beat up himself?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Mar 2012 15:16 #137 by Reverend Revelant
ANd from our marketing department.

MARCH 26--The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late son’s name, records show.

Sabrina Fulton is seeking marks for the phrases “I Am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon,” according to filings made last week with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In both instances, Fulton is seeking the trademarks for use on “Digital materials, namely, CDs and DVDs featuring Trayvon Martin,” and other products.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... rks-769123

Coming to a store near you.

26 Mar 2012 15:17 #138 by Martin Ent Inc
No Sh%t,,,

26 Mar 2012 15:17 #139 by Reverend Revelant
And a former NAACP leader chimes in.

Former NAACP leader C.L. Bryant is accusing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton of “exploiting” the Trayvon Martin tragedy to “racially divide this country.”

“His family should be outraged at the fact that they’re using this child as the bait to inflame racial passions,” Rev. C.L. Bryant said in a Monday interview with The Daily Caller.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/forme ... z1qGB5QZ5e

This brother needs to get with the plan.

26 Mar 2012 15:30 #140 by pineinthegrass

JSG wrote: Why not just link to an article on StormFront.org?

But what would you do if you were walking through a neighborhood at night and some guy stuck a gun in your face and asked you what you were doing there? Remember, it was Zimmerman who chased the kid, not the other way around. If he got his ass kicked, he deserved it.

What evidence do you have that Zimmerman stuck a gun in Martin's face?

And if you listen to Zimmerman's 911 tape you can hear him moving as he follows Martin. The 911 dispatcher tells him he shouldn't be following Martin. Zimmerman keeps following him for several seconds after that, but soon he comes to a stop. And he tells the 911 dispatcher that he lost sight of Zimmerman.

So now it appears the confrontation happened while Zimmerman was walking back to his car. Zimmerman says he was attacked by Martin from behind. I suppose we'll never know for sure who attacked who unless a witness saw the start of the fight. Neither option makes sense to me. Why would Zimmerman attack Martin, especially if he is the racist vigilante the left paints him to be? Why not just shoot him with no witnesses there and avoid getting hurt in a fight? Or why would Martin attack Zimmerman after running away from him and getting out of his sight?

The left attacks Zimmerman for following Martin, but also attacks him for making too many 911 calls. What's he supposed to do if he shouldn't call 911? By the way, the 46 or so 911 calls he made were over a nearly 8 year period. That doesn't sound excessive to me.

So far as Zimmerman being a racist goes, I just don't see any evidence of that right now. It would be great if we could listen to those other 46 911 calls to hear if he says anything racist. But apparently only the last 6 months are still available. But so far I haven't heard that he said anything racist in the calls they still have.

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds