thoughts on the Trayvon murder

26 Mar 2012 16:24 #141 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder

bailey bud wrote: I'm not going to read all 13 pages of the comments.

My only thought is that the media is trying to be judge and jury on this case - and that there's a reason why the legal system handles cases here in the USA.

The more I hear about this case, the more convinced I am that the media and political opportunists should have let the system figure this out.

:yeahthat:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2012 16:26 #142 by JSG
Replied by JSG on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder
Have you ever seen that happen before, BB? That the media and political opportunists sit back and let the system figure it out?

26 Mar 2012 16:29 #143 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder

JSG wrote: Have you ever seen that happen before, BB? That the media and political opportunists sit back and let the system figure it out?

I haven't, that's why the media is becoming a cancer on our society.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Mar 2012 17:15 #144 by plaidvillain
Many conservatives here say, "wait for the facts...let the system work"....hmmmmm...you didn't give a damn about the system when it came to ordering an assassination on a US citizen. More importantly...the system failed! Those pigs were more than happy to sweep this one under the rug and forget about it. If it weren't for the pressure from lefties, political figures and the media, there would be no deeper investigation, no hope for justice for Martin OR Zimmerman.

You "conservatives" are one fat load of BS hypocrites. One tiny shred of consistency from you idiots would be so refreshing! I'm not holding my breath.

*sorry for the interruption - continue on with your idiocy - it's amusing...scary!..but amusing.

26 Mar 2012 17:32 #145 by pineinthegrass

plaidvillain wrote: Many conservatives here say, "wait for the facts...let the system work"....hmmmmm...you didn't give a damn about the system when it came to ordering an assassination on a US citizen. More importantly...the system failed! Those pigs were more than happy to sweep this one under the rug and forget about it. If it weren't for the pressure from lefties, political figures and the media, there would be no deeper investigation, no hope for justice for Martin OR Zimmerman.

You "conservatives" are one fat load of BS hypocrites. One tiny shred of consistency from you idiots would be so refreshing! I'm not holding my breath.

*sorry for the interruption - continue on with your idiocy - it's amusing...scary!..but amusing.

First of all, with your original post you took a tragedy which happened in Florida and used it to accuse unnammed people here of being racists.

You called Zimmerman a Bozo, thug and murderer. I see no way on earth this could be a premeditated murder case. The best you can hope for would be a manslaughter charge, and that would be a tough one to prove (and it's up to the DA or prosecutor to file charges, not the "pigs"). You again post to attack people and call them names. You say they have no evidence about an entirely different topic. What evidence do you have to show Zimmerman committed murder?

26 Mar 2012 18:01 #146 by FredHayek

plaidvillain wrote: Many conservatives here say, "wait for the facts...let the system work"....hmmmmm...you didn't give a damn about the system when it came to ordering an assassination on a US citizen. More importantly...the system failed! Those pigs were more than happy to sweep this one under the rug and forget about it. If it weren't for the pressure from lefties, political figures and the media, there would be no deeper investigation, no hope for justice for Martin OR Zimmerman.

Obama, your man, accelerated the drone war that killed an American citizen and I saw few from the Left condemn it. In fact, just as many right wingers as left wingers attacked Obama on this
. I think it is still undetermined if justice was done in the Zimmerman/Martin case."

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Mar 2012 18:26 #147 by bailey bud
I'm skeptical that media and hot air will bring justice to this case (regardless of where the facts are).

I think you'd be hard-pressed to label me a conservative (at least in the contemporary sense).

That said - the President is not in the best place to adjudicate the facts --- and neither is CNN.

The person best qualified to adjudicate this case is the State Attorney General --- and I'm certain he's doing exactly that.

26 Mar 2012 18:47 #148 by PrintSmith

The only one acting like an idiot is the one who chimes in throwing insults and refuses to stick around to discuss the incident in a reasoned manner - sound like anyone you know PV?

26 Mar 2012 18:49 #149 by Martin Ent Inc
for old drinking PV and others like him

From another site:

* Every year THOUSANDS of black children and teens are shot/murdered by black people in street gangs.
* Millions of black children are being raised in by unwed mothers on welfare

* Millions of black children go to bed each night hungry because the adults responsible for their care used grocery money to buy drugs and alcohol

* Hundreds of thousands of black children don't finish school because no one in their lives cares enough to help them.

* Thousands of black teen girls will become pregnant this year with no means of supporting a baby and will become dependent on the government.

TO JESSIE JACKSON, AL SHARPTON, THE BLACK PANTHERS and all black people who are exploiting the Travon MOMENT and turning it into a MOVEMENT, I ask you this:

"Where is YOUR OUTRAGE over the real issues affecting MILLIONS of young black americans?
Why don't you focus on the real problems in your race rather than inventing a fictitious "all whites are against blacks" race war over one shooting?"

26 Mar 2012 18:53 #150 by archer
Where has anyone taken an "all whites are against blacks" position?

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds