thoughts on the Trayvon murder

26 Mar 2012 19:28 #151 by plaidvillain

pineinthegrass wrote: First of all, with your original post you took a tragedy which happened in Florida and used it to accuse unnammed people here of being racists.

I started a discussion about an issue that nobody was talking about. I also was curious to hear how the local racists view this. My determination of "racist" is my opinion...and I'm entitled to it. I call it how I see it.

PrintSmith wrote: The only one acting like an idiot is the one who chimes in throwing insults and refuses to stick around to discuss the incident in a reasoned manner - sound like anyone you know PV?

I admire that you have the luxury to spend untold hours arguing on this forum...I don't have quite as much free time. There's so many incredible things to do around our community that I don't find sitting behind the computer my best use of my time...but that's just me. I'm glad our community is talking about this issue, even if I can't provide constant input.

FredHayek wrote: Obama, your man, accelerated the drone war that killed an American citizen and I saw few from the Left condemn it.

Fred, I haven't been on this forum all that long, but I've been very outspoken on other forums about Obama's use of the military. I agree with you that, "it is still undetermined if justice was done in the Zimmerman/Martin case." But I sure am glad that it at least looks like justice has a chance since people spoke out and demanded it. I agree with letting the system work, but I think the system needed a kick in the ass to get it started.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2012 20:02 #152 by pineinthegrass
So you haven't been on this board long but you feel there is racist opinion here? Why didn't you just open the discussion and leave it at that?

I will say that based on what I've read so far the police could of done more. With an unarmed person dead, it seems they had plenty of cause to request a drug test of Zimmerman. I think he could of refused at that point, though, but it wouldn't of looked good for him had he refused. I'm assuming they'll get a drug test on Martin because they had a body. From what I've read and heard on the tapes, I don't see any evidence either were on drugs, but if only one gets tested that is going to leave a big question.

Also I read they never talked to the girl Martin was speaking to on his cell. It probably would of taken some time to figure out that a conversation had taken place (like the next day, just check his cell phone calls). It seems she would know why Martin ran, and it sounds like she was talking to him right up to when the final fight took place. I'd think she'd know if Martin said anything about going after Zimmerman, or may of heard some words exchanged. Asking her about it back then would of been much better than asking her about it now.

Further info is still coming out, though. It's way too soon to reach major conclusions, IMO.

26 Mar 2012 20:36 #153 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder
Maybe PV should gather up what little amount of balls he has and name these "racists". If I see a racist, I'll point the POS out....I'll do the same with whiney little accusers who don't have the guts to name names. Come on PV, show us who you're talking about and bring some solid evidence...or STFU.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Mar 2012 20:48 #154 by plaidvillain

CritiKalbILL wrote: Maybe PV should gather up what little amount of balls he has and name these "racists". If I see a racist, I'll point the POS out....I'll do the same with whiney little accusers who don't have the guts to name names. Come on PV, show us who you're talking about and bring some solid evidence...or STFU.

It's for you to make up your own mind about who you feel may be a racist or not. Do you believe there are no racists in our community or on these forums?

26 Mar 2012 21:24 #155 by pineinthegrass

plaidvillain wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote: Maybe PV should gather up what little amount of balls he has and name these "racists". If I see a racist, I'll point the POS out....I'll do the same with whiney little accusers who don't have the guts to name names. Come on PV, show us who you're talking about and bring some solid evidence...or STFU.

It's for you to make up your own mind about who you feel may be a racist or not. Do you believe there are no racists in our community or on these forums?

What is your point? Why did you even bring up racists here in your first post on this topic? Is that your way of implying Zimmerman is a racist? Do you have any evidence he is a racist? Hey, channel 9 news tonight said he's a Democrat. So clearly he's not a racist (I'm being sarcastic).

Sorry, but you come across as the perfect stereotype of an angry liberal. You don't do your cause any good. You throw out the race card right away, call people names, and call the police pigs. Then you continue to call people names. You almost sound ready to lynch the guy.

Just relax. There is going to be an investigation. I think even Zimmerman's lawyer thinks charges may be filed.

Just don't jump to conclusions yet. And since you are somewhat new here, I'm not a conservative. I went after the angry conservatives we had back then (most have since left here for whatever reason) on the Shirley Sherrod story after I saw the full video.

My impression of you so far is, very immature. "My determination of 'immature' is my opinion...and I'm entitled to it. I call it how I see it."

26 Mar 2012 21:37 #156 by plaidvillain
Yes, I think Zimmerman made a judgement call on Martin based solely on his race which created the framework for the tragedy. Yes, I think the local police found it convenient to quickly wrap up the investigation of the local guy, also making assumptions about the victim based upon his race. How many posts should I have built up before I started the conversation? I have not posted here long, but I've read. I have read comments that show attitudes that I believe are racist. Do you believe there are no racists in our community or posting on these forums? Why is it taboo (read: immature), to describe people with the accurate descriptive?

26 Mar 2012 22:05 #157 by pineinthegrass

plaidvillain wrote: Yes, I think Zimmerman made a judgement call on Martin based solely on his race which created the framework for the tragedy. Yes, I think the local police found it convenient to quickly wrap up the investigation of the local guy, also making assumptions about the victim based upon his race. How many posts should I have built up before I started the conversation? I have not posted here long, but I've read. I have read comments that show attitudes that I believe are racist. Do you believe there are no racists in our community or posting on these forums? Why is it taboo (read: immature), to describe people with the accurate descriptive?

OK, the obvious change in your opinion seems to be that you are no longer accusing Zimmerman of murder? I just ask.

Sure, there can be racists here. But can you name one? There could also be felons, killers, rapists, nazis, communists, witches or whatever here. How can you tell? And what does it have to do with what happened in Florida? You are the one that pulled out the race card on your first post in this topic.

I'm not giving Zimmerman a free pass, but I have a link on my other computer (assuming it's still there) showing he called 911 about plenty of other people during the time the 911 records still exit who where not minorities. And if they have a 911 call where he used racist language, I haven't heard it yet. Have you? You've already made your conclusions, I haven't. Our system is still about innocent until proven guilty last I heard.

Like I said, let the investigation continue. You are just a flame thrower at this point.

26 Mar 2012 22:24 #158 by Blazer Bob

plaidvillain wrote: I have not posted here long, but I've read. I have read comments that show attitudes that I believe are racist.

I have read too. Unless you are a different plaidvillian than the one that has been posting on PC, you have a long history of making baseless accusations of racism.

You think you can discern what lurks in the hearts of posters. Sorry buddy, only
the shadow knows that.

[youtube:3p96jsb7]
[/youtube:3p96jsb7]

26 Mar 2012 22:53 #159 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic thoughts on the Trayvon murder

plaidvillain wrote:

I know a racist when I see, hear, or read one. I also know it's very irresponsible and juvenile to accuse someone of such a thing, especially having no evidence. I'm sure there are racists in your community as there are in mine, as there are everywhere of EVERY race. The difference in the way I think vs the way you think, is that I'm never going to throw the word out there unless I mean it and have the evidence to prove it. As for racists on these forums, I'm happy to say I haven't seen the evidence of one here. That doesn't mean they don't exist here, it just means I can't read minds or know what's in another person's heart. You obviously have that ability, congrats.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

27 Mar 2012 07:05 #160 by Reverend Revelant
Ra-Roh (think Scooby Do)

Trayvon Martin was suspended from school for having a 'burglary tool' and women's jewellery in his backpack - School security report says slain teen caught with 'burglary tool' and women's jewellery months prior to his death

Was out of school on temporary suspension relating to drug find when he was shot on Feb. 26

Parents fight allegations, calling them attempts to 'demonize' the victim

Shooter George Zimmerman claims he shot the teen in self defense

New poll shows 73 percent of Americans believe Zimmerman should be arrested

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1qK1HYGfv

FYI

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds