These are the criminals that caused 4 people to die

15 Sep 2012 10:01 #21 by Nobody that matters

Democracy4Sale wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote: Apples and Oranges. One group made a movie. Another burned a book. A third fired RPGs at people. I believe there's a bit of a difference on the 'extreme' scale in there somewhere

I don't... I think the extremists that made the film, and the extremist that burns Korans are both after to the same thing...To insult another religion they don't agree with, and if possible, start a war between their particular flavor of stupidity, and another particular flavor of stupidity that they disagree with. And the extremists who jump at it and are manipulated into doing exactly what the first group of morons wanted them to do are just as stupid.

I see very little difference at all...

Words or rockets... which would rather have thrown at you?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Sep 2012 10:04 #22 by LadyJazzer
I'd rather see the stupidity on both sides because of religious (and other) extremism stop...

It's ALL based on stupidity.

15 Sep 2012 10:09 #23 by Nobody that matters

Democracy4Sale wrote: I'd rather see the stupidity on both sides because of religious (and other) extremism stop...

I agree, but the people that made the movie and the people that burned the books were within their rights to do that. The people that killed other people didn't have the right to do that.

Yes, it's all stupidity. Yes, it's all religion based.

Using your logic, I could lump your extreme distaste for any religion along with your numerous posts insulting religions in the same category.

So, using your own logic, you're as bad as the guy that fired the bullets that killed the ambassador.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

15 Sep 2012 10:13 #24 by LadyJazzer
You could... (And probably will...) The difference is I don't care.

15 Sep 2012 10:18 #25 by Blazer Bob

Democracy4Sale wrote: I'd rather see the stupidity on both sides because of religious (and other) extremism stop...

Priceless.

15 Sep 2012 10:43 #26 by plaidvillain

Nobody that matters wrote: I agree, but the people that made the movie and the people that burned the books were within their rights to do that. The people that killed other people didn't have the right to do that.

And I agree with you, but I also understand that we feel that way due to the values of our society. Their society is different...right, wrong, better, worse, good, bad, all as we see it doesn't necessarilly matter, and to insist it does is a bit naive. I can't force my value system on other people. In that culture, the insults towards their prophet are on par with a physical attack. I don't think that's right, but I don't make their rules. The people who made the film knew the insults would be equated to a physical attack, and they provoked the reaction on purpose...that's pretty disgusting to me. I'll defend their right to be disgusting, but I can still be disgusted by their expression of that right.

15 Sep 2012 11:25 #27 by Raees

15 Sep 2012 14:59 #28 by pineinthegrass

plaidvillain wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote: I agree, but the people that made the movie and the people that burned the books were within their rights to do that. The people that killed other people didn't have the right to do that.

And I agree with you, but I also understand that we feel that way due to the values of our society. Their society is different...right, wrong, better, worse, good, bad, all as we see it doesn't necessarilly matter, and to insist it does is a bit naive. I can't force my value system on other people. In that culture, the insults towards their prophet are on par with a physical attack. I don't think that's right, but I don't make their rules. The people who made the film knew the insults would be equated to a physical attack, and they provoked the reaction on purpose...that's pretty disgusting to me. I'll defend their right to be disgusting, but I can still be disgusted by their expression of that right.

Speaking of a physical attack, how about when we shoot missles at them from drones? Wouldn't you think that would upset them a bit more than a movie? If the movie is disgusting, how about killing people by drones (both guilty and innocent)?

15 Sep 2012 15:06 #29 by archer

pineinthegrass wrote:

plaidvillain wrote:

Speaking of a physical attack, how about when we shoot missles at them from drones? Wouldn't you think that would upset them a bit more than a movie? If the movie is disgusting, how about killing people by drones (both guilty and innocent)?

Perhaps they don't revere human life as much as they do their religion and Muhammad.

15 Sep 2012 15:11 #30 by pineinthegrass

archer wrote:

pineinthegrass wrote:

plaidvillain wrote:

Perhaps they don't revere human life as much as they do their religion and Muhammad.

Apparently not. But we have to respect that nonsense?

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds