These are the criminals that caused 4 people to die

16 Sep 2012 08:02 #41 by Nobody that matters

Democracy4Sale wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote:

Democracy4Sale wrote: And I believe that any sociopath that does something with the specific intent of riling up the other side--even if it is "protected speech" on our side--is a slimebag, no matter how you slice it.

Yet you do it all the time.

Since you conveniently edited out the part about "religious wackos", I call bullsh*t on your comment...

But thanks for playing...

Your anti-religious posts are meant to rile up religious people. There's no difference between "Anti-muslim", "Anti-Christian" and "Anti-religious".

You are one of those you complain about.

And, with the deep feelings some have about politics, you fit right into that category as well. Your posts are specifically designed to piss off conservatives.

While there are differences, the similarities cannot be denied. You can try, you can post your trite 'thanks for playing' in response to this, but it's obvious we ain't buying it.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2012 08:23 #42 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic These are the criminals that caused 4 people to die
Listen, The admin is harping on this video still and once again it is almost certain that video had nothing to do with the killings. The person who they think may have made the video has now been taken into custody for questioning. And the admin is leaning on youtube.com to take down the video and was successful in having it removed from a couple countries. And the movie had nothing to do with the killings. Yes, we are in a mess because al qaeda is exploiting our stupidity.

I am going to say again, you don't say "oh arab nations are different they should be exempt from free speech" because of these issues. It was awful and insulting but other countries have been insulted by people on this board with religious statements that are deplorable.

This is a failed forgeign policy A difference of policy and it didn't work no matter how you try to blame it on anyone. Did Romney make a mistake by by saying it the way he did? yes, yes, yes. Did it add to this? No He caused an issue in this country and actually distracted from Obama's mess. Is Obama doing a good job during and before this crisis. NO, no, no. This does not absolve Obama's responsibility in any of this. Did Obama and the US get caught with their pants down on 9/11? For sure. I do believe them harping on this video is a cover for their mess too.

16 Sep 2012 09:06 #43 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic These are the criminals that caused 4 people to die
Here is an interesting article from April. i just find it interesting because I thought the Arab spring was about change. I would rather see us stand up for religious freedom and show what it can do for all of the world. We lost an opportunity to show that religious freedom is important. We look like fools.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dougbandow/ ... s-liberty/

16 Sep 2012 09:25 #44 by plaidvillain

pineinthegrass wrote:

plaidvillain wrote: I've spoken out against drone strikes from the first I heard of them, Pine. There's something about 'remote controlled warfare' that seems deeply damaging to a nation's karma, and identity. Certainly it's incredible to not put American soldiers in the line of fire, but completely depersonalized robotic assassins seems highly unethical to me. This remote occupation and invasionn must be breeding greater resentment towards our nation, adding ranks to the extremists. Can we force others to bend to our will through such technological intimidation? Is that truly a tactic that provides an end game that doesn't involve full out religion divided war?

OK, I accept that. But you were so angry about the movie makers, are you equally angry about Obama for the drone strikes?

I don't know exactly when I was 'so angry' about the movie makers...my comments were that extremism of any sort is dangerous and that while I find the film maker's expression to be 'digusting', I would still defend their right to say it.

pineinthegrass wrote: The drone strikes have killed more innocent people so far compared to the recent violence which we really aren't clear about all the reasons it comes from (seems drone strikes are part of it based on my link). So it seems to me a vote for Obama is like a vote for the movie makers using your reasoning.

Do I support drone strikes? No. Do I support intentionally inciting additional violence in the middle east by private citizens? No. Are they the same thing? No.

I do not support the drone strikes and believe it leads our country in a direction that supports further imperialism, which will only bring more problems for our nation. But these are the choices made by our government, our elected officials, the people WE put there to do these jobs. I don't like the drones, but I do trust that the military, intelligence agencies, and President feels there is a justified need to take action...just as I trusted the previous administration when they presented their case for a full scale invasion of Iraq. Unfortunately, it turned out that administration was quite simply lying to us. Whether this President is being entirely truthfull is yet to be seen, but at least he hasn't thrown us into two full scale invasions, costing thousands of American soldiers' lives, and 100,000's of civilian casualties.

Are you suggesting that voting for Romney would somehow change this situation, this use of drone robots to control other cultures?

16 Sep 2012 09:58 #45 by CinnamonGirl
To agree on Plaidvillian's argument on Drone attacks. What keeps going through my mind is how I would feel if some plane that had no one in it, so in turn they are not risking anything, came over my house just to bomb me and my people. Sure they are hitting terrorists but also hitting civilians. Maybe family and some of these people don't have the free speech and freedom of press to really know what is going on. I believe the drone attacks are actually a marketing (for lack of my thinking of a better term to describe) nightmare. We look like cold robots going around bombing people and I can see how people in other countries and their citizens would be very resentful.

16 Sep 2012 10:12 #46 by CinnamonGirl
Plaidvillian, here is the best numbers I can find on numbers of killed in our wars. Don't give me the excuse that Obama has not had his own war. And really would you not feel a bit better right now if not ALL our troops were out of Iraq with this unrest?

http://icasualties.org/

16 Sep 2012 11:01 #47 by pineinthegrass
According to the Libyan president the consulate attack was preplanned months ago. So if he's correct, the movie had little to do with it.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2012/09/libyan-president-no-doubt-consulate-attack-preplanned-135664.html

But for those who blame the movie and worry that we may cause people in the ME to riot, then I guess we shouldn't put KSM on trial because I'm sure that will upset them too. And we certainly shouldn't give him the death penalty because that probably will cause riots.

16 Sep 2012 11:13 #48 by Reverend Revelant

pineinthegrass wrote: According to the Libyan president the consulate attack was preplanned months ago. So if he's correct, the movie had little to do with it.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2012/09/libyan-president-no-doubt-consulate-attack-preplanned-135664.html

But for those who blame the movie and worry that we may cause people in the ME to riot, then I guess we shouldn't put KSM on trial because I'm sure that will upset them too. And we certainly shouldn't give him the death penalty because that probably will cause riots.

And I guess we should do something about Bill Maher and his movie "Religulous." The last 20 minutes deals with Mohammed and radical Islamist (didn't Maher give a little cash to the Obama campaign?)

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

16 Sep 2012 11:19 #49 by Reverend Revelant
And...

Trey Parker and Matt Stone deserves arrest for “The Book of Mormon?”
Monty Python deserves arrest for “Life of Brian ?”
Kevin Smith deserves arrest for “Dogma?”
Brian Dannelly deserves arrest for “Saved!?”
Larry Charles and Bill Maher deserves arrest for “Religulous?"
Ricky Gervais and Matthew Robinson deserves arrest for “The Invention of Lying?”

All films mocking religion.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

16 Sep 2012 11:29 #50 by pineinthegrass
Parker and Stone did get death threats when they had a Muhhamad character in South Park. Where's the outrage by the liberals over South Park?

And regarding Bill Mahr, at least he seems to get it...

[youtube:2us0yc1v]
[/youtube:2us0yc1v]

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds