Benghazi: People Died Obama Lied

18 Nov 2012 20:07 #201 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Benghazi: People Died Obama Lied
OK Wait...Let me see if I understand this.
The government was eavesdropping. 4 Americans were killed. The CIA asked everyone not to call it terrorism so the terrorist wouldn't know that we knew they had killed 4 Americans.

Huh?

I have searched and searched for that little piece of info and cannot find it anywhere.
I did find this though....

NY Times' Maureen Dowd Defies Her Paper's Reporting To Attack Susan Rice Over Benghazi

In her November 18 column, Dowd writes that Rice "should have realized that when a gang showed up with R.P.G.'s and mortars in a place known as a hotbed of Qaeda sympathizers and Islamic extremist training camps, it was `not anger over a movie." But the Times' own reporting indicates that the people who attacked the diplomatic facility have said that an anti-Muslim film prompted their attack.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/18 ... rti/191449

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2012 20:19 #202 by Raees
Petraeus Says U.S. Tried to Avoid Tipping Off Terrorists After Libya Attack

WASHINGTON — David H. Petraeus, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, told lawmakers on Friday that classified intelligence reports revealed that the deadly assault on the American diplomatic mission in Libya was a terrorist attack, but that the administration refrained from saying it suspected that the perpetrators of the attack were Al Qaeda affiliates and sympathizers to avoid tipping off the groups.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/world ... .html?_r=0

18 Nov 2012 20:22 #203 by CC
also found this......

Feinstein Says Senate Will Investigate Benghazi ‘Talking Points’
By BRIAN KNOWLTON

The chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee said Sunday that she planned to investigate why the C.I.A.’s quick determination of a terrorist role in the Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi, Libya, was not reflected in the “talking points” used days later on television by Susan E. Rice, the ambassador to the United Nations......

She said a transcript of testimony given a day after the attack by David H. Petraeus, who was then director of the C.I.A., showed that “Petraeus very clearly said that it was a terrorist attack.”.....

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012 ... ng-points/

18 Nov 2012 20:27 #204 by CC
Thx for the link.
In reading the article though I stumbled over this paragraph.

Some intelligence analysts worried, for instance, that identifying the groups could reveal that American spy services were eavesdropping on the militants — a fact most insurgents are already aware of. Justice Department lawyers expressed concern about jeopardizing the F.B.I.’s criminal inquiry in the attacks. Other officials voiced concern that making the names public, at least right away, would create a circular reporting loop and hamper efforts to trail the militants.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/17/world ... ted=2&_r=1

19 Nov 2012 10:03 #205 by Grady

House Intel Chair: 'Appointees from Administration' Changed Rice's Talking Points
Who changed the CIA talking points to minimize the fact that terrorists were behind the attack on the U.S. outposts in Benghazi?

When Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the U.N., went on five Sunday talk shows five days later, she was still blaming the attack on a spontaneous protest over an obscure anti-Islam video.

Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.), chairman of the House intelligence committee, says the unclassified talking points put together by the CIA changed when they got to administration appointees:

"[T]here was not an intelligence failure," Rogers told "Meet the Press" on Sunday.

CNS News

19 Nov 2012 10:15 - 19 Nov 2012 10:47 #206 by LadyJazzer

"The only edit that was made by the White House and also by the State Department was to change the word ‘consulate’ to the word ‘diplomatic facility,’ since the facility in Benghazi was not formally a consulate," said Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes. "Other than that we were guided by the points that were provided by the intelligence community. So I can’t speak to any other edits that may have been made.”

BOO!!!

Wow... Now, THERE'S a "smoking gun"... They changed the word "consulate" to: "diplomatic facility"...

THE OUTRAGE... THE NERVE.... THE SCANDAL!!!

:Snooze

She went out and gave the talking points that were agreed to by the entire intelligence community as reflecting their unclassified views at the moment that she used those talking points .

What part of that are you having trouble understanding? Is it the part about "AS REFLECTING THEIR UNCLASSIFIED VIEWS AT THE MOMENT THAT SHE USED THOSE TALKING POINTS"...? I can explain it to you...But I can't understand it for you. I seem to remember Obama DESTROYING RMoney with the lie that he (Obama) didn't call it an "act of terrorism" in the Rose Garden on the day after it happened... And then there's that memorable piece of video with the classic line, "Please proceed, Governor..." And Mitt-Flop DESTROYING HIMSELF with yet another LIE...?

In the meantime, 4,780 US personnel died in Iraq because Bush and Condoleeza Rice LIED.

And I'm STILL waiting for PROOF that the President of the United States "lied"....

19 Nov 2012 10:20 #207 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: "The only edit that was made by the White House and also by the State Department was to change the word ‘consulate’ to the word ‘diplomatic facility,’ since the facility in Benghazi was not formally a consulate," said Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes. "Other than that we were guided by the points that were provided by the intelligence community. So I can’t speak to any other edits that may have been made.”

BOO!!!

Wow... Now, THERE'S a "smoking gun"... They changed the word "consulate" to: "diplomatic facility"...

THE OUTRAGE... THE NERVE.... THE SCANDAL!!!

:Snooze

She went out and gave the talking points that were agreed to by the entire intelligence community as reflecting their unclassified views at the moment that she used those talking points .

What part of that are you having trouble understanding? Is it the part about "AS REFLECTING THEIR UNCLASSIFIED VIEWS AT THE MOMENT THAT SHE USED THOSE TALKING POINTS"...? I can explain it to you...But I can't understand it for you. I seem to remember Obama DESTROYING RMoney with the lie that he (Obama) didn't call it an "act of terrorism" in the Rose Garden on the day after it happened... And then there's that memorable piece of video with the classic line, "Please proceed, Governor..." And Mitt-Flop DESTROYING HIMSELF with yet another LIE...?

In the meantime, 4,780 US personnel died in Iraq because Bush and Condoleeza Rice LIED.

And I'm STILL waiting for PROOF that the President of the United States "lied"....

:bash I thought the Administration was trying to keep secrets from the terrorists? Please send me a note when Team Obama finally releases their final lies, I mean, corrections on what actually happened and what they told Rice to lie, I mean, spin, I mean, inform Americans.

Rice on "Meet The Press", or should that be called "Obfuscate The Press."?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Nov 2012 10:26 #208 by LadyJazzer
Gee, I didn't realize the difference between the word "consulate" and: "diplomatic facility"...was part of the "secrets they were trying to keep from the terrorists"... Who knew?!?

In the meantime, She went out and gave the talking points that were agreed to by the entire intelligence community as reflecting their unclassified views at the moment that she used those talking points .

20 Nov 2012 07:04 #209 by FredHayek
Now it was revealed that they armed Rice only with talking points for the Sunday shows because they didn't want her to slip up and reveal the truth. Nothing like sending a parrot out to keep America up to date. Maybe Team Obama should have sent someone who actually understood the events surrounding the assasination, like the former head of the CIA?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Nov 2012 08:25 #210 by Something the Dog Said

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds