18 Children Among 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

21 Dec 2012 13:55 - 21 Dec 2012 19:40 #151 by LadyJazzer

Jekyll wrote: We'll just ignore the drop in deaths cause Jekyll don't know nothin. I even play your news article citing games. Just keep bleating, and LJ, go get yourself committed for Christ's sake. Do you not know the correlation between "confiscated" and "outlawed"? You represent a majority of Americans, and it's sick.

No, perhaps you can enlighten us. It sounds like instead of me worrying about being "committed", you should worry about being "educated" in the English language.

I'm still waiting for someone to prove that ANYONE has any legislation planned to "confiscate" any weapons....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Dec 2012 16:03 #152 by Rick
What good would a ban on "assault rifles" do if these weapons are NOT confiscated? There's millions of them in the hands of citizens already. Sure, they say these weapons will be grandfathered in, but just watch what happens after a couple more inevitable shootings. If you own one of these weapons and it's registered in your name, don't be shocked when you get that knock on your door one day. Also watch a new black market grow for all semi-auto weapons of all kinds... we've already seen the senario play out before.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Dec 2012 17:11 #153 by Grady

Mr. Cuomo also said he would also review ways to take already-existing assault weapons out of circulation by requiring new permits, or potentially requiring assault weapon owners to sell guns back to the state.

WJS.com
Forced to sell personal property to the state? No that’s not confiscation. That sounds like something only a repressive regime would have the power to do, not something you would see in a country protected by our constitution.

"If it saves only one child's life" screw the constitution.

21 Dec 2012 17:19 #154 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, a mayor "reviewing ways" sure sounds like planned legislation to me....

Let me know when you have something other than out-of-context quotes from the email-o-sphere....

I'm frankly tired of hearing from the same nuts over and over that "they're coming to take our guns"... The courts have already ruled that you have a right to have guns.

Anything that gets assault-weapons, and high-cap magazines out of the population is fine by me.

What's that? Getting rid of assault weapons won't guarantee the problem will get solved? Please file your response here: "_"

:can't hear

21 Dec 2012 18:29 #155 by FredHayek
The only way to prevent CT with laws would have been to confiscate all weapons from the mothers of mentally disturbed teens. Sounds pretty oppressive to me. And what would have been more likely to stop Lanza an armed guard or a new Clinton Assault Weapons Ban? Columbine happened under Bill's old one. Dems think of hired guards as a stimulus plan. Aren't our children worth 50K per school?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Dec 2012 18:41 #156 by gmule

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, a mayor "reviewing ways" sure sounds like planned legislation to me....

Let me know when you have something other than out-of-context quotes from the email-o-sphere....

I'm frankly tired of hearing from the same nuts over and over that "they're coming to take our guns"... The courts have already ruled that you have a right to have guns.

Anything that gets assault-weapons, and high-cap magazines out of the population is fine by me.

What's that? Getting rid of assault weapons won't guarantee the problem will get solved? Please file your response here: "_"

:can't hear

What difference does it make if I have one magazine that holds 30 rounds or 3 magazines that hold 10 rounds? I still have 30 rounds and can change magazines in a second or less.

21 Dec 2012 18:41 #157 by LadyJazzer
Pennsylvania gunman kills woman in church, two other people before dying in shootout with police

Dang... I wonder if God wasn't in the church, where was he? Surely that absence was a factor in the killing?

Oh, and here's a summary of today's "Second Amendment Rights" activities:

TO LIVE AND DIE IN AMERICA

3 Shot And Killed In Mich... 18-Year-Old Shot Multiple Times, Dies... Man Kills Wife, Teen, Himself... Man Shoots, Kills Own Son... Cops Shoot Teen Dead... Man Gunned Down In Parking Lot... 5 Dead In Spate Of Shootings... 2 Murdered In Philly... 2 Kansas Cops Shot Dead... Shooter Killed... 4 Die In Apparent Murder-Suicide... Ga. Cop Dies From Gunshot... Argument Leads Teen To Shoot Friend... Man Shot To Death... Teen Dies After Being Tied Up, Shot... Man Shot Dead In Street... Drug Deal Leads To Shooting Death... Mother Of 2 Killed In Road Rage Shooting... Man Shoots, Kills Intruder... 1 Killed In Coney Island... Man Dies From Gunshot Wounds... Cops Investigate Gun Death... Shooting Victim's Body Found On Bike Trail... Man Charged With Shooting Own Brother Dead... Man Dies After Being Shot In Chest... Body Of Shooting Victim Found In Pickup... Teen Arrested For Robbery Shooting Death... Man Carrying 2-Year-Old Son Shot Dead... Man Fatally Shot Near Home... Parolee Dies In Shooting... 1 Killed In Buffalo Shooting... Man Shot Dead In Apartment Complex... Street Gun Battle Kills Grandma Bystander... Man, Woman Dead In Apparent Murder-Suicide... Woman Shot Dead By Intruder... 14-Year-Old Arrested Over Fatal Gun Attack... Man Found Shot Dead In Parking Lot... Woman Shot In Face By Ex-Boyfriend... 1 Woman, 3 Men Shot Dead... 2 Die In Attempted Robbery... Army Reservist Shot To Death In Alley... Man Shot To Death In Bodega... 2 Shot Dead In Burned House... Man Shot During Break-In... Man Fatally Shot... 20-Year-Old Gunned Down... Man Shoots Self During Police Pursuit... 1 Killed In Baltimore Shooting... Cops ID Shooting Victim... 60-Year-Old Man Shot Dead... Shot Man's Body Found In Vacant House.... Woman Shot And Killed Outside Her Home... Shooting Victim Was 'Trying To Turn Life Around'... Slain Shooting Victim Found In Street.... Driving Altercation Leads To Shooting, 1 Dies... 3-Year-Old Dies In Accidental Shooting... Man Turns Self In After Allegedly Shooting Wife... Man Shot Dead Outside Home... 3 Slain In Separate New Orleans Shootings... Cops Investigate Shooting Death... Man Shot Dead In Ohio... Teen Shot To Death... Man Dies After Being Shot Multiple Times... Man Charged Over Son's Shooting Death... Cops Find 2 Men Shot Dead... 1 Dies In Shooting... Man Charged Over Gun Killing... 1 Shot Dead In Confrontation... Man Charged With Murder Over Shooting... Motel-Owner Shot And Killed... Husband Shoots Estranged Wife Dead... Suspect Arrested Over Deputy's Shooting Death... Police Probe Fatal Shooting... Cops Kill 2 Suspects In 3 Shooting Deaths... Man Killed Fighting Back Against Robber... Man Killed In Home Invasion.... Nightclub Shooting Kills 1... Child Brain Dead After Drive By Shooting... Man Charged Over Shooting Of Ex-Wife... Body Found In Vacant House... Teen Fatally Shot...

And did I mention, He MURDERED 20 children and 6 adults with an AR-15, and 30-round magazines of ammo, shooting virtually every child multiple times, and one child as many as ELEVEN TIMES.

21 Dec 2012 20:01 #158 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote: The only way to prevent CT with laws would have been to confiscate all weapons from the mothers of mentally disturbed teens. Sounds pretty oppressive to me. And what would have been more likely to stop Lanza an armed guard or a new Clinton Assault Weapons Ban? Columbine happened under Bill's old one. Dems think of hired guards as a stimulus plan. Aren't our children worth 50K per school?

How would an armed guard prevented the slaughter of the 20 five and six year old kids in Newton? The shooter broke into through a window, entered the classroom, fired over 100 rounds within 10 (TEN) minutes before taking his own life. At a manufacturer's recommended sustained fire rate of 15 rounds per minute and with 30 round clips, that would have been 30 rounds in less than two minutes. So those tiny victims would have been slaughtered most likely within the first minute or so. What would have been the response time of an "armed guard" posted at the entrance of the school (incident occurred just after lock down), to recognize the situation, determine the location, run to the location, evaluate the situation, enter the classroom without getting gunned down and take out the shooter? At best, let's say 3 minutes, more likely 5 - 10 minutes. How many lives saved? None.

Here is what Gov. Christie had to say about the NRA proposal (and I have to agree):
In contrast to National Rifle Association executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) on Friday said he doesn't think putting armed guards in every school is a sound response to last week's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn.

“In general I don’t think that the solution to safety in schools is putting an armed guard because for it to be really effective in my view, from a law enforcement perspective, you have to have an armed guard at every classroom,” Christie said while appearing at an event in Newark, N.J. “Because if you just have an armed guard at the front door then what if this guy had gone around to the side door? There’s many doors in and out of schools.”
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... on?ref=fpb

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

21 Dec 2012 20:41 #159 by Jekyll

LadyJazzer wrote:

Jekyll wrote: We'll just ignore the drop in deaths cause Jekyll don't know nothin. I even play your news article citing games. Just keep bleating, and LJ, go get yourself committed for Christ's sake. Do you not know the correlation between "confiscated" and "outlawed"? You represent a majority of Americans, and it's sick.

No, perhaps you can enlighten us. It sounds like instead of me worrying about being "committed", you should worry about being "educated" in the English language.

I'm still waiting for someone to prove that ANYONE has any legislation planned to "confiscate" any weapons....

I did, and you are in fact the one that needs educated. Btw, do you stay logged on here all day? Do you have a life whatsoever? I think maybe law enforcement should track YOU and evaluate YOUR mental state...fer real. Between you and whatthedogpukedup, it's a regular cuckoos nest around here.

21 Dec 2012 20:44 #160 by LadyJazzer
Gee, I go away for three days, and you don't even notice.. Methinks you obsess about me too much. Whassamatter? Still bug you that I make more than you do, and don't have to work nearly as hard to make it? :lol: As sick-f**ks go, you're right up there at the top of the list, aren't you?

You proved nothing... But thanks for playing.

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds