18 Children Among 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

21 Dec 2012 09:27 #141 by cydl

FredHayek wrote: AR-15's are very rarely used to murder people but the people who legislate with emotions over facts refuse to see this.

I find it interesting that the same people who say that illegals cannot be rounded up and deported because "there are too many" believe that confiscating our arms is totally feasible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Dec 2012 09:36 #142 by LadyJazzer
I'm still waiting for proof of where ANYONE has said ANYTHING about "confiscating"... You post that when you find it... We'll all be waiting...

[crickets] :Snooze

21 Dec 2012 12:15 #143 by Jekyll
You're mostly correct LJ, for once. No one is directly saying "confiscate" but the word "outlaw" might have some meaning. Here's a link, although I don't hold much faith in it.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... lence?lite

You probably already cited an article like it, but there was a good piece in this one, quote:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., the author of the 1994 ban on certain types of semiautomatic firearms which expired in 2004, announced this week that she will introduce new legislation early next year.

Semiautomatic firearms, including semiautomatic weapons sometimes called “assault weapons,” fire one round per pull of the trigger.

Her bill would outlaw the sale, transfer, importation and manufacture of more than 100 specifically-named firearms as well as certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

Feinstein would also outlaw large-capacity ammunition magazines capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Her measure would also “grandfather” weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment and exempt more than 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting and sporting purposes, according to a statement from her office on Monday.

Fine then, but this won't fix the problem. So yea, just keep doin' what yer doin'. Btw, from the article:

The number of murders committed with guns has declined sharply in the past 20 years.

I also found out over the week that the shooter in Conn. shot through the glassed entrance to gain access. Well, if there was a deputy posted inside (better yet, if the principal had her ccw) the guy probably wouldn't have made it as far, and there would be a lot more of those little guffers alive today. Big variable, but too expensive I suppose.
From the post where I decided to take a break, the offer still stands, but I've had some time to reflect. Yea, my heart was broken mostly because I knew that anti-gun people would use this to their advantage, and just look at all the political posturing going on? They're USING the deaths of all those little kids to their advantage. I almost couldn't handle it at the mall today, seeing all the little ones seeing Santa. They hold a place in my heart, but I have more emotion devoted to dropping the hammer on freak job paranoid idiot libtards that want to limit my rights.

Edit: Legislation and paranoia which WILL in turn endanger MY children. The world doesn't turn on peace symbols and drum circles.

21 Dec 2012 12:22 #144 by LadyJazzer
I don't care whether you think "this won't fix the problem" or not. Just like the majority of Americans right now, who are also fed up with maniacs like LaPierre and the NRA gun-nuts, and don't care whether you think "this won't fix the problem."

Outlawing the weapons and the large capacity magazines means that the supply will continue to dwindle. I don't care if that means a run on the gun-stores, and the usual stocking up on ammo, guns, magazines, whatever... At some point, the supply dwindles.

And I'm STILL waiting for proof of where ANYONE has said ANYTHING about "confiscating"... You post that when you find it... We'll all be waiting...

[crickets] :Snooze

And did I mention: He MURDERED 20 children and 6 adults with an AR-15, and 30-round magazines of ammo, shooting virtually every child multiple times, and one child as many as ELEVEN TIMES.

And I want to drop the hammer on freak job paranoid idiot knuckle-dragging Rep-tards that think their right to own assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, high-powered ammunition, and weapons designed for one reason: KILLING, trumps the rights of people to send their children to schools....to theaters...to shopping malls... to supermarket parking lots... to churches and synagogues.. and expect them to come home alive.

21 Dec 2012 12:35 #145 by cydl

You're mostly correct LJ, for once. No one is directly saying "confiscate" but the word "outlaw" might have some meaning. Here's a link, although I don't hold much faith in it.

Take it with a grain of salt, but:

http://www.infowars.com/new-york-gov-mandatory-gun-sale-to-state-and-confiscation-are-options/

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-burns-assault-weapons-ban-20121220%2c0%2c6774314.story

"So what's the alternative? Bring back the assault weapons ban, and bring it back with some teeth this time. Ban the manufacture, importation, sale, transfer and possession of both assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Don't let people who already have them keep them. Don't let ones that have already been manufactured stay on the market. I don't care whether it's called gun control or a gun ban. I'm for it." - Larry Allen Burns (federal judge)

21 Dec 2012 13:00 #146 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: And did I mention: He MURDERED 20 children and 6 adults with an AR-15, and 30-round magazines of ammo, shooting virtually every child multiple times, and one child as many as ELEVEN TIMES.

Quite a few times, and it's still irrelevant as he could have done the same dispicable act with any other gun as well..

Outlawing high capacity magazines and certain types of guns won't do spit except pacify some people so frustrated that they just need to see something done... whether it'll help or not.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

21 Dec 2012 13:35 #147 by FredHayek
It would be interesting to see if California's gun crime rate is lower than the rest of the country since they have some of the toughest rules. I do know Mexico has even tougher rules and it hasn't decreased gun crime, only made it a lot tougher to defend yourself against bad people.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Dec 2012 13:40 #148 by cydl
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state

"The figures show that California had the highest number of gun murders last year - 1,790, which is 68% of all murders that year and equivalent to 3.25 per 100,000 people in the state. Big as that figure is, it's still down by 3% on the previous year."

Another interesting fact is that CT scored a 4 on the Brady Bunch's vaunted gun-control scorecard. I wonder if those parents would have their kids home for Christmas if they had scored a 3. :bash

21 Dec 2012 13:49 #149 by Jekyll
We'll just ignore the drop in deaths cause Jekyll don't know nothin. I even play your news article citing games. Just keep bleating, and LJ, go get yourself committed for Christ's sake. Do you not know the correlation between "confiscated" and "outlawed"? You represent a majority of Americans, and it's sick.

21 Dec 2012 13:51 #150 by Jekyll

Nobody that matters wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: And did I mention: He MURDERED 20 children and 6 adults with an AR-15, and 30-round magazines of ammo, shooting virtually every child multiple times, and one child as many as ELEVEN TIMES.

Quite a few times, and it's still irrelevant as he could have done the same dispicable act with any other gun as well..

Outlawing high capacity magazines and certain types of guns won't do spit except pacify some people so frustrated that they just need to see something done... whether it'll help or not.

Well gee golly do.

Time to create page: 0.562 seconds