18 Children Among 26 Dead in Conn Elementary School Shooting

19 Dec 2012 22:31 - 20 Dec 2012 09:08 #131 by LadyJazzer

Hoot Owl wrote: No thoughts or emotion for the victims or families of the murdered people?

A very odd take on what's been going on today. The usual gun-apologists have tried every trick in the book today to deflect from WHAT happened, and HOW it happened. We've heard that it was "the mother's fault for not locking up the guns"; it was the "principal's fault for not carrying an "M4" to shoot the bastard"; we've heard that "it wasn't really the AR-15...it was the handguns"--(oops, turns out it WAS the AR-15); we've heard that "more people die of drowning than got killed in this rampage"; ad nauseum... And with each attempted deflection, I've pointed out the lame deflection, and brought it back to the MAIN POINT:

He MURDERED 20 children and 6 adults with an AR-15, and 30-round magazines of ammo, shooting virtually every child multiple times, and one child as many as ELEVEN TIMES.

Does that sound to you like I have no thoughts or emotion for the victims or families of the murdered people? By now it should be sinking in that what I'm doing is shooting down every lame, half-assed attempt to deflect what happened with the AR-15 assault weapon and the 30-round magazines that were used to kill these babies and adults; and I'm going to continue shooting down every lame, half-assed attempt to suggest that the gun-nut's right to have assault weapons and high-capacity magazines trumps the rights of parents to send their kids to school...or to a theater in Aurora...or to a mall in Oregon...or a shopping center in Arizona....and expect them to come home safely.

Hoot Owl wrote: You just have a political agenda.

Why, yes, I guess you could say I have an agenda to squelch the deflection and bullsh*t from what happened, how it happened, and what was used to MAKE it happen, and if it comes down to calling b.s. on every gun-nut that tries to deflect from the truth, and dishonor these children and their families, then I guess you're right. I'm thinking of little else but about those killed... and the NRA types that want to kick the can down the road rather than do anything about it.

I don't give a rat's patoot if you're amused or not. I'm angry...the same way I was angry when Gabby Giffords was gunned down, and that Neanderthal, BearMtnHIB, suggested that everyone who didn't agree with his political views should be killed too. I'm angry the same way I was when all those kids got killed at the Aurora theater, and some of the gun-nuts here are ranting about how if THEY had been there, and "packing", they would have taken the guy down--who was wearing body armor, in a darkened theater, with smoke grenades everywhere, and frantic scrambling patrons running for the exits... ("Ooooo, Dark Helmet...Your helmet is so big..." And you are sooooo tough...You must have put on an extra dose of under-arm testosterone cream today...) Yeah...It makes me want to puke.

And by the way, you've run that riff before about distortion of candidate's names, and party names, etc., and every time I've provided you with proof of who started it, and when they started it, and the insulting names they used... Save it. If that's the game they want to play, I'm more than happy to carry it on... For every "Obummer", "Obimbo", "Odumbo", and "Democrap", YOU get a "GOTP", "Mitt-Flop", "Gov Etch-a-Sketch", and "RMoney"...It's a bitch, ain't it?

Hoot Owl wrote: Damn you are insulting. I dont post a lot. I wont put you on ignore, I also will avoid you next time we meet. DEAL?

Deal...

I'm insulted in here every day... And by now it should be obvious I give as good as I get. But if you want to suggest that someone in this forum "doesn't care about the 'thoughts or emotion for the victims or families of the murdered people'", you might want to look at the ones who are more worried that their precious assault weapons, ammunition caches, high-capacity magazines, emergency survival rations, and wingnut paraphernalia might be taken away than they are about the children who died.

:wreath:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2012 05:00 #132 by FredHayek
This shooting is getting all the press but most criminals who murder people are using cheap little semi-auto pistols. AR

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Dec 2012 05:02 #133 by FredHayek
AR-15's are very rarely used to murder people but the people who legislate with emotions over facts refuse to see this.

20 Dec 2012 07:54 #134 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: I don't give a rat's patoot if you're amused or not. I'm angry...

Well then everyone should stay out of your way, because everyone knows that angry people write the best legislation, right? Laws based on emotion... what could possibly go wrong with that?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

20 Dec 2012 07:58 #135 by FredHayek

Nobody that matters wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: I don't give a rat's patoot if you're amused or not. I'm angry...

Well then everyone should stay out of your way, because everyone knows that angry people write the best legislation, right? Laws based on emotion... what could possibly go wrong with that?

And the Left thinks we are the angry ones... :snowsmile:

20 Dec 2012 08:04 #136 by Martin Ent Inc
And angry can translate to taking matters into ones hands and commiting another crime against humanity, or those that respect our freedoms and want to preserve them from those that are ANGRY.

20 Dec 2012 08:19 #137 by LadyJazzer
The landscape has changed.... Watch what happens next...

21 Dec 2012 07:39 #138 by PrintSmith
The landscape is the same now as it was in 1999 when, in the middle of the last ban, 13 people were murdered in a mass shooting at Columbine. One of the killers didn't have a magazine which held more than 10 rounds on his person when they went on their rampage. He had 13 ten round magazines and a pump action shotgun. The other one had a double barreled shotgun and the TEC-9 with two magazines in excess of 30 rounds and one that fell just short of it from which he fired a total of 55 rounds.

But it really wouldn't have mattered what the capacity of the magazines, fixed or removable, was given that they faced no resistance from anyone during the 50 minutes or so that they were walking around that school, would it. They could have had weapons which only held a maximum of 5 rounds and there wouldn't be a single person alive today instead of dead.

Same for the Aurora shooting recently. That killer's "high capacity" magazine failed before he had even fired 30 rounds from it, so a magazine with less capacity wouldn't have limited the carnage their either, nor would his choice of a Mini-14 with a regular stock in lieu of a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 with a pistol grip and a collapsible one. You can't even say with any degree of reliability that smaller magazines would have limited the carnage when Representative Giffords and others were shot with a Glock 9mm pistol. You can certainly speculate, but you have no means of establishing that your speculations are in any way accurate.

You think that raw emotions are sufficient to "alter the landscape" and allow collectivists to ensure that this crisis isn't wasted in the furtherance of their agenda? You give the average person far too little credit for intelligence. The only alteration which may result from the latest tragedy is for those who have been prescribed certain psychotropic medications to be added to the national database of people who are ineligible to purchase firearms from a federally licensed firearms dealer as a result of being prescribed those medications via an alteration of the HIPPA restrictions which currently is the reason that they are not already on the list.

21 Dec 2012 07:50 #139 by The Boss

LadyJazzer wrote: The landscape has changed.... Watch what happens next...

I am starting to feel like even though I don't agree with LJ, that she is going to get her way in this country no matter what, I mean she is pretty demanding...we will soon all be living in a jazztopia, just back off and let her work her society fixing magic. I disagree with just about ever fiber of your being LJ, but still feel you would make a better leader than any that we currently have at any level. You are true to your convictions, even if they contradict constantly. You are tough, who else would piss off so many every day and then use a screen name that allows people to find your home address in less than 4 clicks? This is NOT a threat of any kind, just really impressive how not afraid of crazies you are, they scare the crap out of me. Keep up the convoluted fight.

21 Dec 2012 08:48 - 21 Dec 2012 15:40 #140 by LadyJazzer

on that note wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: The landscape has changed.... Watch what happens next...

I am starting to feel like even though I don't agree with LJ, that she is going to get her way in this country no matter what, I mean she is pretty demanding...we will soon all be living in a jazztopia, just back off and let her work her society fixing magic. I disagree with just about ever fiber of your being LJ, but still feel you would make a better leader than any that we currently have at any level. You are true to your convictions, even if they contradict constantly. You are tough, who else would piss off so many every day and then use a screen name that allows people to find your home address in less than 4 clicks? This is NOT a threat of any kind, just really impressive how not afraid of crazies you are, they scare the crap out of me. Keep up the convoluted fight.

You think I'm bothered that my address and real name are so simple to find. (Gee, how many times have I been accused of "hiding behind a screen name instead of using my real name"...) And if any of the extremist nut-jobs were dumb enough to come to my address they would find out whether I believe in being armed with something "for personal protection", or not... This is NOT a threat of any kind...And you're right I'm not particularly afraid of the crazies... What IS scary to me is just how many certifiable crazies there are in this forum, and in the JeffCO/ParkCO area in general. Sometimes the number of unbalanced and/or disturbed people that are my "neighbors" is appalling. (I find it interesting that you are so obsessed with me that you made it your mission to find out my real name and where I live... What does that say about you? I'm glad it's not a threat...because I just printed your post out and put it in an obvious place near my important papers.)

Get my way? If I do, it will be because there are MORE people like me than there are like you. We'll win, the same way we won the last election; the presidency, the state, the control of the State House, the control of the State Senate, the County, even another seat on the Board of County Commissioners. We'll win because the GOTP is crumbling under its own weight of crazies, wackos and extremists, and they're selling a load of garbage that fewer and fewer people want to buy. You're running out of angry white guys...and they're still trying to act like the election didn't happen; and they're still acting like the reasons they lost weren't actually "the reasons." The American people have made their wishes clear...and the doofuses on the far right are still living in their fantasy world, and refusing to realize that the demographics have changed. If I "get my way" it won't be because I have any power...It will be because I worked hard, persuaded people that Mitt-Flop and the GOTP was a loser, and got my people out to the polls to vote. I did it along with hundreds of other volunteers who did the same thing. And we'll do it again in 2014...And we'll do it again in 2016. And the Righties will continue pushing ideas like screwing their fellow citizens that need things like hot-meals-programs; meals-on-wheels; food-stamps; energy assistance for the poor; Medicare THAT THEY'VE PAID FOR; Social Security benefits THAT THEY'VE PAID FOR; unemployment benefits; and on and on. What are YOU selling? Selfishness and hatred for 47% of your fellow citizens. (Bah-Humbug...Scrooge would be proud.)

I worked HARD in this last election, and obviously the fruits of my labor showed up in the election results, certainly for Jefferson County. You think I'm "Demanding"? More like "dedicated." You guys remind me of the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. You haven't figured out why you lost; you think you can just "spin your message better", go right back to doin' what yer doin', and win it back; the demographics say you will continue to lose more and more of your constituency unless you change your ways. They are dying off.

Like FDR said, "I welcome your hatred."

I will get "my way" because there are more people like me than there are people like you... Thank god for it.

I WANT you to keep doin' what yer doin'...

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds