President's Executive Orders announced.

16 Jan 2013 12:50 #21 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic President's Executive Orders announced.
When President Obama unveils the recommendations from a White House-led task force on how to curb gun violence in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut shootings later Wednesday, the package of proposals is expected to include a series of executive orders.
If you want a “big” (read: broad/comprehensive) bill to get through Congress, that’s almost certainly a bad thing. Here’s why.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... -big-bill/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jan 2013 14:02 #22 by FredHayek
If people put guns in the hand of criminals, they will be charged with felonies? Does that include attorney generals of the US and ATF employees?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Jan 2013 14:36 #23 by Grady

Blazer Bob wrote: OT

CG et al, a process question before the thread spazzes out. The link I posted has a stock chart. I tried to embed it in my post but my normal process did not work. What is my problem? (even more ot: take shot if you are so inclined)

CinnamonGirl wrote: Dictator in chief just sign executive orders that make millions outlaws. Woo hoo.

Gun industry thrives in face of ban proposal
Gun stocks rose Wednesday, even as President Obama called on Congress to pass an assault weapon ban.
The stock prices for Smith & Wesson Holding Co. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. (RGR) rose about 4%. The stock for Sturm, Ruger has risen 13% in the month since the shooting at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school that left 20 children and six educators dead.

Retailers that specialize in guns have also done well. The stock price for Cabela's (CAB) surged 6% on Wednesday and has gained 20% over the last month. Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS, Fortune 500) notched up slightly, and has gained 6% over the month.

CNN Money Note there are clickable links on the page linked above to several firearm manufactures and resellers

16 Jan 2013 14:45 #24 by bailey bud
all-in-all ---- this is a timid response, compared to the political expediency he's dealing with.

provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

sounds like what the NRA is training people for, already.

16 Jan 2013 16:40 #25 by Grady

16 Jan 2013 17:11 #26 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, like this isn't deflection:

DEFLECTORS ON MAXIMUM

:rofllol :rofllol :rofllol :rofllol

16 Jan 2013 17:11 #27 by chickaree

Grady wrote:

:dislike:

16 Jan 2013 17:16 #28 by FOS

LadyJazzer wrote: Yeah, like this isn't deflection:

DEFLECTORS ON MAXIMUM

:rofllol :rofllol :rofllol :rofllol

:dislike:

16 Jan 2013 17:19 #29 by LOL
:like: :dislike: :like: :dislike: :like: :dislike:

I can't decide. :lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Jan 2013 17:21 #30 by Martin Ent Inc
There is only so many WACKO's.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds