President's Executive Orders announced.

17 Jan 2013 07:57 #51 by OmniScience

Soulshiner wrote: ... so they can enforce the laws already on the books

Too bad we won't do that with immigration laws.

I found this interesting.........
http://www.9news.com/news/politics/310721/166/In-letters-children-ask-Obama-to-change-gun-laws

"I know that laws have to be passed by Congress but I beg you to try very hard to make guns not allowed. Not just for me, but for the whole United States," Julia wrote, signing the letter with "my love and regrets."

From the stage, Obama responded: "Julia, I will try very hard."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2013 08:01 #52 by Something the Dog Said

Rick wrote:

deltamrey wrote: CG got a lot correct in a simple statement. The population contror mechanism used by Hitler and Stalin (and Putin today) was/is false reporting on neighbors and family members. Millions died in these nations needesly and millions were put in mental institutions because of false reporting. We do have a problem already in the USA in this respect........CG got it right.
A doctor asks a patient if the patient has guns ??? Guess what the answer will always be........using doctors to tell on patients is massively improper.

:thumbsup:

:dislike:

What business is of the government what a doctor chooses to discuss in an examination with a patient? The patient can refuse to answer, the doctor should be able to ask that question in order to determine whether that patient is a danger to themself or others. Why should politicians be in charge of determining the diagnostic tools available to a physician?

You can always tell when someone does not have facts to support their hyperbole, they start in with references to Hitler or Stalin.
Where the hell do CG and delta come up with this concept that millions are being institutionalized in the US based on false reporting? What an utter ridiculous statement.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

17 Jan 2013 08:07 #53 by FOS
gotta love this. you just cant make this stuff up.
[youtube:31chn41z]
[/youtube:31chn41z]

17 Jan 2013 09:40 #54 by bailey bud
Wow - the Linn County story is for real.....

http://www.facebook.com/LinnSheriff

(this is linked to by the actual Linn County web page).

17 Jan 2013 09:43 #55 by Raees
No problem. Just cut all federal funding to the sheriff's office and the county he represents.

17 Jan 2013 09:50 #56 by Grady
You should be able to discuss anything with your Dr. Any information they gather should be kept private and not even collected for "statistical reporting". A medical practitioner however has no business asking anything about weapons. although if I remember correctly when I had my last physical there were several questions referring to my mind set and mental state. If a person is under, or is being referred to a mental health professional, now that is a different story. The professional in this case should be asking those questions. Had Dr Lynne Fenton and CU acted, the Aurora theater shooting might never have happened. And don’t give me the excuse that they couldn’t act because he was no longer a student, they had a moral and ethical responsibility to the community. They simply washed their hands of the “problem” hoping he would just go away.

17 Jan 2013 09:54 #57 by Grady

Raees wrote: No problem. Just cut all federal funding to the sheriff's office and the county he represents.

That is exactly how the feds get their way. They take our money then threaten to withhold the monies coming back down unless we play by their rules. There are whole departments in the federal government that exist only because of this process.

17 Jan 2013 09:58 #58 by Something the Dog Said

Grady wrote: You should be able to discuss anything with your Dr. Any information they gather should be kept private and not even collected for "statistical reporting". A medical practitioner however has no business asking anything about weapons. although if I remember correctly when I had my last physical there were several questions referring to my mind set and mental state. If a person is under, or is being referred to a mental health professional, now that is a different story. The professional in this case should be asking those questions. Had Dr Lynne Fenton and CU acted, the Aurora theater shooting might never have happened. And don’t give me the excuse that they couldn’t act because he was no longer a student, they had a moral and ethical responsibility to the community. They simply washed their hands of the “problem” hoping he would just go away.

One of the key determinations made by a physician in any examination is whether or not that individual is a danger to themselves or to others. Thus, a physician may find it necessary to inquire as to whether or not that individual has access to firearms, particularly if that person is deeply depressed, anxious, or expresses desires to harm others or themself. This is not limited to mental health professionals, but to general practitioners or any other medical professional, as they are often the first line of response. It certainly is not up to politicians in DC to make that decision instead of the medical health professional trained in making such determinations. The patient may certainly decide not to answer that question, but there is no improprietary in asking if the doctor believes it is critical to the diagnosis.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

17 Jan 2013 10:04 #59 by Something the Dog Said
Further, it is clearly a violation of the 1st Amendment for the government to prohibit a doctor from making such an inquiry to a patient.

17 Jan 2013 10:09 #60 by Blazer Bob

Blazer Bob wrote: Meanwhile back in the real world,

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gun-st ... atest_news

By Christopher Noble 7.50%5.00%2.50%0.00%-2.50%10a11a12p1p2p3p
RGR SWHC SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Shares of gunmakers Sturm Ruger & Co. /quotes/zigman/242215/quotes/nls/rgr RGR +3.86% and Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. /quotes/zigman/87396/quotes/nls/swhc SWHC +2.73% rose on Wednesday after President Barack Obama announced a series of gun control steps. Ruger shares were up 3.5% at $49.67 and Smith & Wesson rose 3.8% to $8.75 as Obama laid out the measures.

Thanks for the chart SC. As I type RGR $51.89.

"LET US accept things as they are, and PROFIT off the folly of the world"

Fred, I really do owe you for pointing out the oppertunity. Can I buy you a beer.

My position up 19.41% since 12/20/12

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds