President's Executive Orders announced.

16 Jan 2013 19:29 #41 by Mtn Gramma
When my grandchildren lived with us (teen, pre-teen) I took them in for physicals. They were asked about guns in the house, alcohol consumption (including theirs), cigarette and other tobacco usage, among other "wellness" questions. I learned of the questions on the way home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jan 2013 20:15 #42 by Something the Dog Said
One of the key determinations to be made in an examination by a doctor is whether the patient is a danger to themselves or to others. Certainly access to guns should be considered in making that determination. Shouldn't it? Or at least if in the opinion of the doctor that is a relevant question, why should politicians prohibit that question. the patient can always refuse to answer, but why should congress prohibit that exchange between a doctor and a patient?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

16 Jan 2013 20:25 #43 by LadyJazzer

frogger wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Gee, the last two times that Executive Orders were ignored were in 1863, (The Emancipation Proclamation, which the South ignored, and ultimately had crammed down their throats); and in 1964, (The Civil Rights Act of 1964)... The knuckle-draggers in Arkansas blocked the doors to the schools and the National Guard moved in...(and ultimately they had it crammed down their throats)...

God, I hope the wackos do it again...

:dislike:

Yeah, history is a bitch, ain't it?

16 Jan 2013 22:04 #44 by Mtn Gramma

Something the Dog Said wrote: One of the key determinations to be made in an examination by a doctor is whether the patient is a danger to themselves or to others. Certainly access to guns should be considered in making that determination. Shouldn't it? Or at least if in the opinion of the doctor that is a relevant question, why should politicians prohibit that question. the patient can always refuse to answer, but why should congress prohibit that exchange between a doctor and a patient?

I agree, that if the patient is being seen for depression, suicidal thoughts, or other possible mental health issues whether or not there is access to guns is a valid question. These patients were in for booster shots and routine school physicals, were minors (13, 12, and 11) and were not in the habit of refusing to answer adults.

16 Jan 2013 22:44 #45 by Soulshiner
A starting point. Not a ban or gun grab. Not an order for more guns.

They need to take the handcuffs off of the ATF so they can enforce the laws already on the books, like John Stewart showed tonight.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

17 Jan 2013 02:17 #46 by MountainRoadCrew
Some posts were split out and moved here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25530 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25530<!-- l -->

17 Jan 2013 06:39 #47 by Reverend Revelant

Soulshiner wrote: A starting point. Not a ban or gun grab. Not an order for more guns.

They need to take the handcuffs off of the ATF so they can enforce the laws already on the books, like John Stewart showed tonight.

:yeahthat:

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

17 Jan 2013 06:44 #48 by FOS
gotta agree with the dog on this

17 Jan 2013 06:49 #49 by Nobody that matters

Soulshiner wrote: A starting point. Not a ban or gun grab. Not an order for more guns.

Yep, it is. The EOs address some good points, and some I consider frivolous, but not damaging.

Now they can fight out the gun ban in congress where it belongs.

Things are working the way they should.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

17 Jan 2013 07:07 #50 by Rick

deltamrey wrote: CG got a lot correct in a simple statement. The population contror mechanism used by Hitler and Stalin (and Putin today) was/is false reporting on neighbors and family members. Millions died in these nations needesly and millions were put in mental institutions because of false reporting. We do have a problem already in the USA in this respect........CG got it right.
A doctor asks a patient if the patient has guns ??? Guess what the answer will always be........using doctors to tell on patients is massively improper.

:thumbsup:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds