President's Executive Orders announced.

16 Jan 2013 17:24 #31 by LOL

Martin Ent Inc wrote: There is only so many WACKO's.

:like:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jan 2013 17:26 #32 by FredHayek
Total scuttlebutt but supposedly Obama and Biden were going to make these much more strict like magazine import restrictions but Sen. Reid made them pull back to these milquetoast versions.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Jan 2013 17:27 #33 by LadyJazzer

Martin Ent Inc wrote: There is only so many WACKO's.

Yeah, but the NRA's membership is growing...If you don't count the ones who have recently resigned because they're too whacked-out for reasonable people...and if you overlook the discounts they're offering:

Reports Of 'Unprecedented' NRA Spike Leave Out Key Detail

WASHINGTON -- The National Rifle Association is currently experiencing what officials say is an "unprecedented" jump in membership. More than 250,000 people have signed up in the last month, and the group is crediting the surge to Congress' contemplation of new legislation that would restrict some forms of firearms.

Arulanandam is leaving out an important detail.

While some gun owners may feel jittery about the prospects of new legislation, the NRA is also giving them another incentive to join its organization. Since December, the group has been running a major discount membership campaign. The Huffington Post called up the hotline and was offered some impressive deals.

A lifetime membership, which usually goes for $1,000, now costs $300. The group throws in a monthly magazine (the reading variety, not ammunition), a decal for your car, as well as promises of membership discounts on hotels and car rentals. The person who answered the phone thought that a free knife may have come with the offer but, upon checking, she discovered it did not.

A 70 percent discount is a tough deal to pass up. But the hotline was also offering discounts on a yearlong membership. The usual price was $35. It had been knocked down to $20.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... f=politics

16 Jan 2013 18:07 #34 by deltamrey
CG got a lot correct in a simple statement. The population contror mechanism used by Hitler and Stalin (and Putin today) was/is false reporting on neighbors and family members. Millions died in these nations needesly and millions were put in mental institutions because of false reporting. We do have a problem already in the USA in this respect........CG got it right.
A doctor asks a patient if the patient has guns ??? Guess what the answer will always be........using doctors to tell on patients is massively improper.

16 Jan 2013 18:15 #35 by deltamrey
As the executive orders proposed are actually signed they should be posted on the net and each of us should demand our legislators and Governor and elected DAs openly take a position on each. This is the most effective countermeasure to protecting citizens rights. Then go to the ballot box and toss out those that do not support the rights of the people under the constitution. IT WORKS.

16 Jan 2013 18:19 #36 by FredHayek
Let me translate the Huffington Post again. I bought my lifetime membership a few years ago and it was $300 back then too. The monthly periodical goes at least back to the 70's when my dad was a member. The discounts for new members has increased lately usually provided by corporate sponsors.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Jan 2013 18:23 #37 by Martin Ent Inc

16 Jan 2013 18:57 #38 by deltamrey
MEI.....good post. Hummmm wonder where the Park County and Jefferson County Sheriffs stand on this. This dialogue and the ballot box is the citizen's only protections. This is the civil solution to any issue.

16 Jan 2013 19:11 #39 by LadyJazzer
Gee, the last two times that Executive Orders were ignored were in 1863, (The Emancipation Proclamation, which the South ignored, and ultimately had crammed down their throats); and in 1964, (The Civil Rights Act of 1964)... The knuckle-draggers in Arkansas blocked the doors to the schools and the National Guard moved in...(and ultimately they had it crammed down their throats)...

God, I hope the wackos do it again...

16 Jan 2013 19:20 #40 by FOS

LadyJazzer wrote: Gee, the last two times that Executive Orders were ignored were in 1863, (The Emancipation Proclamation, which the South ignored, and ultimately had crammed down their throats); and in 1964, (The Civil Rights Act of 1964)... The knuckle-draggers in Arkansas blocked the doors to the schools and the National Guard moved in...(and ultimately they had it crammed down their throats)...

God, I hope the wackos do it again...

:dislike:

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds