do you think the courthouse is out of control

21 Jan 2013 21:51 #71 by archer
One last note (OK, I know I said I was done, but as a woman I reserve the right to change my mind)

Am I the only one who thinks we are all losing our sense of humor?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2013 21:52 #72 by FOS

21 Jan 2013 21:56 #73 by chickaree

archer wrote:

chickaree wrote: We start believing that all liberals are commie freeloaders who want to tear up the Constitution- conservatives are scientifically ignorant, selfish plutocrats and moderates are wishy washy fence sitters who believe in nothing.

Sheesh.....now you're telling me that isn't all true????

Well, if it is, I'm not talking! :Whistle

22 Jan 2013 05:12 #74 by Nobody that matters

archer wrote: One last note (OK, I know I said I was done, but as a woman I reserve the right to change my mind)

Am I the only one who thinks we are all losing our sense of humor?????

I'm not. I'm still laughing at everyone's fine display of the great art of exaggeration. :biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

22 Jan 2013 06:25 #75 by LOL
I think a sense of humor, teflon suit, and ability to swim up and ignore the bait are mandatory prerequisites for the CH.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

22 Jan 2013 06:32 #76 by homeagain

LOL wrote: I think a sense of humor, teflon suit, and ability to swim up and ignore the bait are mandatory prerequisites for the CH.

BINGO......LIFE is not fair,polite nor clean. Sometimes the Courthouse mimics life.........it is what it is.....LIFE.JMO

22 Jan 2013 07:00 #77 by FOS
I could understand it if you were talking about the ring

22 Jan 2013 08:28 #78 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

LOL wrote: I think a sense of humor, teflon suit, and ability to swim up and ignore the bait are mandatory prerequisites for the CH.

BINGO......LIFE is not fair,polite nor clean. Sometimes the Courthouse mimics life.........it is what it is.....LIFE.JMO

You are absolutely right. And "World Peace" is a utopian fantasy preached by hypocrites who won't even seek peace among their neighbors.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Jan 2013 09:29 #79 by ScienceChic

:yeahthat: It says on the description for the Courthouse that it can get heated. The point is to not take it personally, and to not give it back personally; get as passionate as you want about the subjects which you care most about, just keep it to the subject here and if you want to get personal, go to the Ring.

I'd love to see more humor archer, I think we have lost some of that around here (this election cycle was very contentious, and it shifted the political paradigm in this country for many, it's not an easy thing to recover from) and it always makes me smile when I see good jokes, subtle inuendo, and irony that gets lost (both deliberately and unintentionally) on others. :thumbsup: That thread VL started about moving to Pinecam is a perfect example, have some fun here too!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Jan 2013 11:27 #80 by Nobody that matters
Bailiff!!! Whack his pee pee!

That'll get it under control again.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds