do you think the courthouse is out of control

21 Jan 2013 18:25 #41 by FOS
i don't blame them. Most people are not as confrontational as some here. They have a thin skin and readily admit it. perhaps they are intimidated by some here. SC has stated that she has received input both privately and publicly. As for CG, I do get the feeling that she tries to undermine the decisions of the owner here with her "this is how i would do it' all the time. maybe she does not see that in her posts but i see it that way.jmo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2013 18:29 #42 by archer

frogger wrote: i don't blame them. Most people are not as confrontational as some here. They have a thin skin and readily admit it. perhaps they are intimidated by some here. SC has stated that she has received input both privately and publicly. As for CG, I do get the feeling that she tries to undermine the decisions of the owner here with her "this is how i would do it' all the time. maybe she does not see that in her posts but i see it that way.jmo

That happens a lot when you relinquish control to someone, but still maintain contact and think of it as "yours" whether you still own it or not.

21 Jan 2013 19:08 #43 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic do you think the courthouse is out of control
I was not trying to undermine anyone. I was talking about Pinecam. I am done guys. So, do me a favor, say goodbye and leave me out of it. Especially, since I won't be around to defend myself.

Last post from CG unless I am invited back. Communities Bound will still be around.

21 Jan 2013 19:25 #44 by Rick

CinnamonGirl wrote: I was not trying to undermine anyone. I was talking about Pinecam. I am done guys. So, do me a favor, say goodbye and leave me out of it. Especially, since I won't be around to defend myself.

Last post from CG unless I am invited back. Communities Bound will still be around.

Oh great, another person I like hits the road... ugh.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Jan 2013 19:36 #45 by FOS
dang, you say what you feel and they run for the hills. what you meant and how it was perceived are sometimes different things.

21 Jan 2013 19:43 #46 by archer
This makes no sense CG.....what you posted was how you feel, others feel differently, isn't that what this board is supposed to be all about? You set up the template, and SC is making it her own, some things I agree with, others I don't. But just because I have been shot down because I don't like the new changes here....I won't just leave. FWIW.... I think you had the right template for a successful community board, but once sold you can only comment, which you did, then let it go it's own way. I do understand, though, how you could feel that what happens on any of the bound boards ultimately reflects back on the communities bound brand.

21 Jan 2013 20:18 #47 by FOS
fact is, the template is simply being taken back to it's original intent. SC isn't changing it. Others did that. She is simply trying to put it back to what it was intended to be.
{and CG knows that}

21 Jan 2013 20:24 - 23 Jan 2017 15:48 #48 by FOS
There is no better example of just how far gone things are in the courthouse than this thread. Grady is right.

mymountaintown.com/forum/6-the-courthous...-day-president-obama

Grady wrote: Here is an example of what seems a major problem.
FredHayek created a topic "Happy Inaguration Day President Obama!" and posted in it what I thought was a pretty positive non-attacking post.

FredHayek wrote: He made a number of pledges in his speech. What do you want him to accomplish in his next term?

I hope he introduces "sensible" measures to avert climate control like tax breaks/credits for better insulation.

His post was then followed by

He also stuck it to Paul Ryan...(and others):

Take that and stuff it..

Making sure that NONE of the pledges that were promised by Mitt-Flop & Lyin' Ryan are carried out.

What a way to have a discussion. :bash

21 Jan 2013 20:26 #49 by archer
Sorry frogger....but that is a very tame example of the courthouse.....it has been much worse in the not so distant past, but as time goes by the courthouse has self moderated to a point that on a scale of 1-10.....it hangs at about a 5. (in my opinion, of course)

21 Jan 2013 20:30 #50 by FOS
then the situation is even worse archer and all the more reason for the owner to take some control of her site. I disagree that it self moderates at all.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds