do you think the courthouse is out of control

23 Jan 2013 17:47 #81 by LOL

Nobody that matters wrote: Bailiff!!! Whack his pee pee!

That'll get it under control again.

Good one NTM, this could be our version of the PC mountain lion moderator. :lol:

I'm saving this pic.

It really was more fun around here in days past, people used to have more sense of humor. And somewhere along the line it got too serious.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2013 23:11 #82 by jf1acai

It really was more fun around here in days past, people used to have more sense of humor. And somewhere along the line it got too serious.

IMO, the humor has decreased because of the (as I see them) vicious attacks which frequently result from any post which disagrees with some people's opinion. There is a point at which humor no longer counters viciousness, and frustration takes over.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

24 Jan 2013 06:18 #83 by homeagain
JMO......I'm absolutely convinced that the problems being experienced (on ANY social website, PC, 285Bound,Freetalk,etc.)are NOT
the website owner/adm.'s doing.....it is a REFLECTION OF SOCIETY in general and the inability of groups (political,social or other) to
co-operate,compromise,see the bigger picture. Eventually, I will probably take a LONG break because THIS issue is getting real old,
real fast.......there is NOTHING wrong with attempting to open the collective mind,try something new,be INNOVATIVE and expand.....
APPARENTLY I am in the minority....... :idea: :coffee-News: :readp: :bookread: :Censored :blahblah: :indifferent:

24 Jan 2013 08:07 #84 by Nobody that matters
I'm outta control! I'm wild! I'm free!!!!!

I wore boxers today. It changes my whole outlook on life!

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

24 Jan 2013 09:11 #85 by Mtn Gramma

jf1acai wrote:

IMO, the humor has decreased because of the (as I see them) vicious attacks which frequently result from any post which disagrees with some people's opinion. There is a point at which humor no longer counters viciousness, and frustration takes over.

I agree.

24 Jan 2013 09:58 #86 by Photo-fish
I don't think it is out of control. I think a tipping point was met just before the election and for a bit after. Typer partisan politics played a major factor in that.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

24 Jan 2013 10:10 #87 by homeagain

Nobody that matters wrote: I'm outta control! I'm wild! I'm free!!!!!

I wore boxers today. It changes my whole outlook on life!

:biggrin: IF you get that elated.....try NO undershorts.....it's REALLY freeing :biggrin:

24 Jan 2013 11:49 #88 by Grady
In my humble opinion the Courthouse is in a better place today than in the past 2 or 3 months. It had gotten so vile and hateful with some of the same crap being posted over and over again regardless of the topic. The site was losing posters and thusly losing potential business. This is after all a for profit enterprise. SC works her butt off to make this a growing community based business. She decided she needed to make some changes or rather maybe enforce some rules that have been around since day one. Some of you think the changes have been drastic and changed the feel of the entire site. I don’t see it that way, I see it as a “mellowing” of the site, most of the posters here are capable of civil discussion. We still have “The Ring” where we can engage in all the name calling and demonizing, we want.
I like the Blazer Bob forum experiment, I feel it has added to site. I would encourage anyone else who feels so inclined to also buy themselves a forum.
Controversy and spirited debate does drive visits/views, however seeing the same posters responding over and over again with the same disparaging remarks and name calling doesn’t generate views.

Boxers +1 :biggrin:

24 Jan 2013 17:51 #89 by Rick

Mtn Gramma wrote:

jf1acai wrote:

I agree.

I second that opinion. It gets harder to laugh when you're constantly wiping spit off your face.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Jan 2013 17:58 #90 by Rick

Grady wrote: In my humble opinion the Courthouse is in a better place today than in the past 2 or 3 months. It had gotten so vile and hateful with some of the same crap being posted over and over again regardless of the topic. The site was losing posters and thusly losing potential business. This is after all a for profit enterprise. SC works her butt off to make this a growing community based business. She decided she needed to make some changes or rather maybe enforce some rules that have been around since day one. Some of you think the changes have been drastic and changed the feel of the entire site. I don’t see it that way, I see it as a “mellowing” of the site, most of the posters here are capable of civil discussion. We still have “The Ring” where we can engage in all the name calling and demonizing, we want.
I like the Blazer Bob forum experiment, I feel it has added to site. I would encourage anyone else who feels so inclined to also buy themselves a forum.
Controversy and spirited debate does drive visits/views, however seeing the same posters responding over and over again with the same disparaging remarks and name calling doesn’t generate views.

Boxers +1 :biggrin:

Well said, and I agree it has gotten better since the biggest offenders are begining to stick out like a sore thumb (and people like me took a long look in the mirror).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds