do you think the courthouse is out of control

20 Jan 2013 11:58 #1 by FOS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2013 12:13 #2 by otisptoadwater
I voted no but I will acknowledge that a great deal of the commentary belongs in the Ring.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

20 Jan 2013 12:27 #3 by Dumblonde
I'll just dash in and put my 2¢ in. Over at Freetalk we had the same discussion time and time again. We had one poster that consistently crapped all over every thread. Users insisted he be banned or they would quit. I finally caved and we had an election where he was voted off the island. He came over here and all those who voted to ban him followed. Bottom line? People love the conflict.

20 Jan 2013 12:34 #4 by JMC

Dumblonde wrote: I'll just dash in and put my 2¢ in. Over at Freetalk we had the same discussion time and time again. We had one poster that consistently crapped all over every thread. Users insisted he be banned or they would quit. I finally caved and we had an election where he was voted off the island. He came over here and all those who voted to ban him followed. Bottom line? People love the conflict.

Yep!

20 Jan 2013 12:36 #5 by appleannie
Yet another thread about it? Are you guys bored?

20 Jan 2013 12:45 #6 by FOS
probably true. would just like to see it in the right forum

20 Jan 2013 12:46 #7 by FOS

otisptoadwater wrote: I voted no but I will acknowledge that a great deal of the commentary belongs in the Ring.

:like:

20 Jan 2013 13:16 #8 by ScienceChic

Dumblonde wrote: I'll just dash in and put my 2¢ in. Over at Freetalk we had the same discussion time and time again. We had one poster that consistently crapped all over every thread. Users insisted he be banned or they would quit. I finally caved and we had an election where he was voted off the island. He came over here and all those who voted to ban him followed. Bottom line? People love the conflict.

Hi Dumblonde, it's GREAT to see you! I've sorely missed your perspective.

People do love conflict, but it's possible to have heated discussion without getting personal. Everyone loves scandals, but we don't want gossip; it's a fine line to walk and balance.

In the beginning, I loved the controversy that brings views, but as I settle in and this place grows into its own, I wonder if showing everything but the controversy may increase participation in all other forums - would the other forums be enough to generate active engagement? In an ideal world, yes; but I doubt it (I remember back to what I first lurked for, and it wasn't the gardening, recipes, and jokes). We have it all set up here: light-hearted, easy listening to all-out, no-holds barred, knock-down drag-out heavy metal - there is a forum here for everything and everyone, and this site is actively engaged in all levels of the community as no other community forum up here has been. IrvWeinstein alluded to the cycles that many forums have gone through in this area, but I truly believe this one will stand the test of time and do things that no other has done.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Jan 2013 15:45 #9 by Dumblonde
I sincerely hope so. Just listen hard before you make it too vanilla. People will have reasoned discussion with friends and family. On line is more like "Vegas, baby!"

20 Jan 2013 16:19 #10 by LadyJazzer

Dumblonde wrote: I sincerely hope so. Just listen hard before you make it too vanilla. People will have reasoned discussion with friends and family. On line is more like "Vegas, baby!"

:like:

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds