Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

15 Apr 2013 15:40 #11 by RenegadeCJ

Blazer Bob wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Science Chic wrote:
In the coming days as conspiracy theories are tossed about, speculations run rampant, etc I only hope that more people come to the realization that this kind of society - one in which we call for retaliation, and continue harming innocents in a war that we shouldn't have continued this long, and the violence that we glorify and weapons that we cling to - are not a future of happiness for anyone. It has to end, and I hope that it does with more people embracing the notion of letting go of hatred and desire for revenge.

This one clause is uncalled for SC. I know it is a subtle hit at gun owners. Those of us law abiding citizens who have firearms are not the cause of any of these tragedies.

I wish people wouldn't do horrible things...but horrible people always have, and always will do horrible things. People will not let go, because there is evil in the world.

Since you brought it up, who but conservatives glorify violence.

??? Conservatives glorify violence? I always thought it was the liberals who ran Hollywood.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2013 15:44 #12 by [Raven]
Couldn't you take the politics somewhere else?

15 Apr 2013 15:58 #13 by ScienceChic

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Science Chic wrote:
In the coming days as conspiracy theories are tossed about, speculations run rampant, etc I only hope that more people come to the realization that this kind of society - one in which we call for retaliation, and continue harming innocents in a war that we shouldn't have continued this long, and the violence that we glorify and weapons that we cling to - are not a future of happiness for anyone. It has to end, and I hope that it does with more people embracing the notion of letting go of hatred and desire for revenge.

This one clause is uncalled for SC. I know it is a subtle hit at gun owners. Those of us law abiding citizens who have firearms are not the cause of any of these tragedies.

I wish people wouldn't do horrible things...but horrible people always have, and always will do horrible things. People will not let go, because there is evil in the world.

Renegade, you should know me by now to know that I choose every word deliberately. I said weapons, not guns, and I also wasn't talking about Americans only ("we" as in us humans, not we us Americans). If I'd meant guns, I would've said guns. No, it absolutely was not a subtle hint at gun owners - I'm applying it to every person on this planet who believes that weapons, violence, and war are a necessity to solve our problems and I'm viewing it from an evolutionary biologists POV, not a narrow-visioned, individual country perspective, political slant at all. And I certainly wouldn't push a political POV during a tragedy like this, that's just disgusting.

Back on topic.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Apr 2013 16:03 #14 by homeagain
Just WOW Rene.......LABELS running rampant, REALLY????? From a broader view, perhaps you might want to review your posts BEFORE
you hit submit. JMO

15 Apr 2013 16:04 #15 by PrintSmith
NY Post reporting that Saudi national is in custody as a potential suspect.

Not insinuating either - just passing along information that's out there.

15 Apr 2013 16:40 #16 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)
I'm surprised we haven't had more IED attacks like this. Time for all of us to start paying attention again since I'm sure our enemies are paying close attention to the countrys' reaction. (foreign and domestic enemies)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Apr 2013 16:55 #17 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

15 Apr 2013 16:58 #18 by LadyJazzer
One of the two dead is an 8-year old... (girl, I think)...

15 Apr 2013 16:59 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

This guy was there from the beginning. Interesting twitter page. https://twitter.com/brm90

15 Apr 2013 17:14 - 15 Apr 2013 17:19 #20 by LadyJazzer
First report of 8-year-old was that it was a girl... bostonglobe.com says it was an 8-year-old boy... (That's why I said, "I think...")

http://bcove.me/4e2hoa3z

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds