Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

15 Apr 2013 19:32 #31 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote:

chickaree wrote: This kind of event is unpreventable. It is pure foolishness to pretend that terrorism ca be prevented. The Isrealis can't do it in a tiny country with the power of the Mossad, their army with compulsory service and a active and involved populace. A lone nutjob can drop IEDs in garbage cans the night before or drop backpacks around at various points without anyone having a clue. Please give the steps on preventing this? Or 9/11 or Oklahoma City or the anthrax. That is the very power of terrorism. Small cells of fanatics. It sickens me the way we immediately turn on each other when this happens instead of coming together". You people who are doing this are the cause if it. You are the terrorists and I condemn you for it.

Pretty defeatist attitude if you ask me. Do you think other attacks like this were stopped very early or to you think Al Quaida gave up on attacking us? I wannt to salute those on watch both here and overseas trying to keep us safe.

Like I said, Of course, we don't know if this was a terrorist organization; a disgruntled anti-tax teabagger; "Friends of Timothy McVeigh"; (maybe one of the sociopathic Conifer wackos who likes to paint swastikas on campaign headquarters windows); an anti-government gun-nut; a lone-wolf who likes to watch explosions; ... But never let a chance to blame it on DHS, or anybody else go to waste....

Personally, I think it was probably done by some teabagger gun-nut "militia/patriot" wacko... But I don't have any more proof than deltamrey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2013 19:34 #32 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)
Good for the major networks. I am watching Dancing with the Stars and some nutcases aren't getting any press.

15 Apr 2013 19:50 #33 by deltamrey
Probably we will find this attack in Boston is another Jihadist operation on our soil. We will see.....but certainly the weak leadership we do have is not at all cause for hope in this struggle. Americans do not yet harbor the absolute hate for Muslims they have for ALL Christian nations.....we are just underexposed and the average American has no skin in the game.......YET.

I traveled several times to Spain in the past two decades and because the Spaniards are the root of the New World, I read extensively about this nation and its history. On a visit to Granada a few years ago I visited the Alhambra, the last stronghold in Europe as the Catholic Monarchs tossed them out in the late 1400s.....just before they sent Columbo to the New World. Fedinand and Isabella remain buried in Granada in simple pine coffins facing Morocco across the Straights. ALL the other Monarch of Spain are buried in a massive monestary - El Escoral....been there also. F&S repain all alone symbolically facing the Muslims in defiance
will be so forever. Thus the depth of this "war".....and the need for real resolve in the USA and real leadership.

As one young Americam warrior said recently.....we are at war and America is at the mall........maybe over time this will change.....maybe.......the effort starts at POTUS........ :angry:

15 Apr 2013 20:19 #34 by RenegadeCJ

Science Chic wrote: [Renegade, you should know me by now to know that I choose every word deliberately. I said weapons, not guns, and I also wasn't talking about Americans only ("we" as in us humans, not we us Americans). If I'd meant guns, I would've said guns. No, it absolutely was not a subtle hint at gun owners - I'm applying it to every person on this planet who believes that weapons, violence, and war are a necessity to solve our problems and I'm viewing it from an evolutionary biologists POV, not a narrow-visioned, individual country perspective, political slant at all. And I certainly wouldn't push a political POV during a tragedy like this, that's just disgusting.

Back on topic.

I completely agree...I was very surprised at what I read...obviously misread you. I was under the impression you were blaming a specific group, gun owners, for the violence in society. That was what shocked me...I thought you were bringing politics into a tragedy.

I wish we could get rid of evil as well, but it won't happen. War is a horrible necessity. You can debate specific wars, but in general, they have always happened and will always happen.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

15 Apr 2013 20:20 #35 by chickaree

FredHayek wrote:

chickaree wrote: This kind of event is unpreventable. It is pure foolishness to pretend that terrorism ca be prevented. The Isrealis can't do it in a tiny country with the power of the Mossad, their army with compulsory service and a active and involved populace. A lone nutjob can drop IEDs in garbage cans the night before or drop backpacks around at various points without anyone having a clue. Please give the steps on preventing this? Or 9/11 or Oklahoma City or the anthrax. That is the very power of terrorism. Small cells of fanatics. It sickens me the way we immediately turn on each other when this happens instead of coming together". You people who are doing this are the cause if it. You are the terrorists and I condemn you for it.

Pretty defeatist attitude if you ask me. Do you think other attacks like this were stopped very early or do you think Al Quaida gave up on attacking us? I want to salute those on watch both here and overseas trying to keep us safe.

I also salute them for the good job they have done, and condemn those who would totally disregard all the attacks they have prevented to rail against them when one succeeds. It's akin to blaming the police when a murder happens.

15 Apr 2013 20:21 #36 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Science Chic wrote: [Renegade, you should know me by now to know that I choose every word deliberately. I said weapons, not guns, and I also wasn't talking about Americans only ("we" as in us humans, not we us Americans). If I'd meant guns, I would've said guns. No, it absolutely was not a subtle hint at gun owners - I'm applying it to every person on this planet who believes that weapons, violence, and war are a necessity to solve our problems and I'm viewing it from an evolutionary biologists POV, not a narrow-visioned, individual country perspective, political slant at all. And I certainly wouldn't push a political POV during a tragedy like this, that's just disgusting.

Back on topic.

I completely agree...I was very surprised at what I read...obviously misread you. I was under the impression you were blaming a specific group, gun owners, for the violence in society. That was what shocked me...I thought you were bringing politics into a tragedy.

I wish we could get rid of evil as well, but it won't happen. War is a horrible necessity. You can debate specific wars, but in general, they have always happened and will always happen.

:like:

15 Apr 2013 21:20 #37 by bailey bud
Here's a note a little more level-minded than the NY Post story

Investigators warned police to be on the lookout for a "darker-skinned or black male" with a possible foreign accent in connection with the attack, according to a law enforcement advisory obtained by CNN. The man was seen with a black backpack and sweatshirt and was trying to get into a restricted area about five minutes before the first explosion, the lookout notice states.

Also, a Saudi national with a leg wound was under guard at a Boston hospital in connection with the bombings, but investigators cannot say he is involved at this time and he is not in custody, a law enforcement official said Monday evening.

I wish we didn't jump to conclusions about internationals.........

Maybe I'm wrong about that -

Frankly - I wish we were wrong about our conclusion that it was a deliberate attack --- I'd like to have positive thoughts about my fellow human beings. Those thoughts are getting scarcer by the day.

15 Apr 2013 22:21 #38 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

Soulshiner wrote: Just heard on O'Riley that Bill and his guests are demanding that President Obama is going to have to explain why he let this happen...

:sarcasm: I KNOOOOW, man, we need to ban bomb making materials. Wait, what all CAN you make a bomb out of anyway? Isn't there already a list of banned materials? Hmmmmm, what a brain teaser. First, we oughta ban propane tanks, just to be safe. :sarcasm:

Anyway, whoever did this (if and when they find out who) should be hanged in the town square as deterrence. Waaaaaait, those pesky human rights. Oops.

15 Apr 2013 22:28 #39 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)
Without human rights we might as well be terrorists

15 Apr 2013 22:35 #40 by FredHayek

archer wrote: Without human rights we might as well be terrorists

Nice platitude but we live in the real world where terrorist cells don't reveal their plans if we ask them nicely.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds