Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

15 Apr 2013 13:25 #1 by Rick
Just happened at the finish line... not sure yet if it's terrorism, and accident, or "workplace violence". Looks like lots of injuries and at least a few deaths. :angry:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2013 13:54 #2 by LadyJazzer
The official statement just released is now calling it "two bombs"... So, they aren't trying to suggest that it might have been natural or accidental. "The FBI is on the way to investigate and assist...."

Unbelievable...

15 Apr 2013 13:58 #3 by bailey bud
My nickel ----

Patriot's Day........
(domestic terrorism)

15 Apr 2013 13:59 #4 by FredHayek
Partiots Day? I thought of that too. Hopefully they will find the bomber(s) soon.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Apr 2013 14:12 #5 by LadyJazzer
2 dead, 23 injured.....so far....

15 Apr 2013 14:14 #6 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Apr 2013 14:44 #7 by ScienceChic

archer wrote: Watching CNN and realizing how easy it is to become desensitized to these types of tragedies..... They happen so often now days, I feel like the world has gone mad. Sorry, maybe it's time for me to turn off the TV and think about the underlying sadness of it all, the incessant force fed speculation is getting to me.

I can't stop thinking about the families of those who were there and killed or severely injured, the kids who were standing with parents watching the race...

In the coming days as conspiracy theories are tossed about, speculations run rampant, etc I only hope that more people come to the realization that this kind of society - one in which we call for retaliation, and continue harming innocents in a war that we shouldn't have continued this long, and the violence that we glorify and weapons that we cling to - are not a future of happiness for anyone. It has to end, and I hope that it does with more people embracing the notion of letting go of hatred and desire for revenge.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Apr 2013 15:29 #8 by RenegadeCJ

Science Chic wrote:
In the coming days as conspiracy theories are tossed about, speculations run rampant, etc I only hope that more people come to the realization that this kind of society - one in which we call for retaliation, and continue harming innocents in a war that we shouldn't have continued this long, and the violence that we glorify and weapons that we cling to - are not a future of happiness for anyone. It has to end, and I hope that it does with more people embracing the notion of letting go of hatred and desire for revenge.

This one clause is uncalled for SC. I know it is a subtle hit at gun owners. Those of us law abiding citizens who have firearms are not the cause of any of these tragedies.

I wish people wouldn't do horrible things...but horrible people always have, and always will do horrible things. People will not let go, because there is evil in the world.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

15 Apr 2013 15:36 #9 by Blazer Bob

RenegadeCJ wrote:

Science Chic wrote:

This one clause is uncalled for SC. I know it is a subtle hit at gun owners. Those of us law abiding citizens who have firearms are not the cause of any of these tragedies.

I wish people wouldn't do horrible things...but horrible people always have, and always will do horrible things. People will not let go, because there is evil in the world.

Since you brought it up, who but conservatives glorify violence.

15 Apr 2013 15:40 #10 by Something the Dog Said

FredHayek wrote: Partiots Day? I thought of that too. Hopefully they will find the bomber(s) soon.

Also Tax Day and Tea Party Day. (not insinuating, just throwing out all of the coincidences).

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds