Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

16 Apr 2013 12:53 #71 by FredHayek
And part of terrorism is bringing it to the homeland. If it is Iraqis, they are just showing Americans what Baghdad market square bombongs are like.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2013 13:06 - 23 Jan 2017 12:49 #72 by MountainRoadCrew
Some off-topic posts concerning moderation were moved to the Letters to the Editors to facilitate that separate discussion, please feel free to join in on that topic there if you wish.

mymountaintown.com/forum/25-letters-to-t...oved-from-courthouse

16 Apr 2013 13:50 #73 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

FredHayek wrote: And part of terrorism is bringing it to the homeland. If it is Iraqis, they are just showing Americans what Baghdad market square bombongs are like.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 6-12-13-07

A second person briefed on the investigation confirmed that at least one of the explosives was made out of a pressure cooker. Both spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

Not propane tanks, but pretty dern close. Pressure cookers are easier to come by, AND cheaper. I was giving an example of how easy an improvised explosive could be made in my earlier comments.

These types of pressure cooker explosives have been used in Afghanistan, India, Nepal and Pakistan, according to a July 2010 joint FBI and Homeland Security intelligence report. One of the three devices used in the May 2010 Times Square attempted bombing was a pressure cooker, the intelligence report said.

"Placed carefully, such devices provide little or no indication of an impending attack," the report said.

-"Planned carefully, such people provide little or no indication of an impending attack."-

Sound familiar? Mass casualties with rare circumstances. So, why not ban these materials? ie; pressure cookers, ball bearings and every type of nail and screw, just for starters? And for those that like to use Newtown as a constant political ammo, tasting yer own medicine is foul yes? You don't need to "re-load" bombs by the way.

And my feelings on capital punishment still stand. I do not want these types of people committing these acts to be coddled in a prison with tax dollars. They should be publicly executed. Martyrdom happens in every aspect of life, these types need to go right away after found to be guilty of such things. Look at Holmes. Outright DID THE DEED, and we coddle him like a puppy. Makes me sick. I won't turn the other cheek with mass murderers. Sorry.

16 Apr 2013 13:54 #74 by FredHayek
Same for the Fort Hood shooter please!
I can't believe he hasn't been executed or hung yet for both treason and terrorsim.

16 Apr 2013 14:05 #75 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

FredHayek wrote: Same for the Fort Hood shooter please!
I can't believe he hasn't been executed or hung yet for both treason and terrorsim.

Human/Civil Rights. You have to go across the board with this, "the man" can't pick and choose who to punish with death over the rest of them. At least, that's my opinion. I agree with you though.

16 Apr 2013 15:49 #76 by Reverend Revelant
A fine statement this morning by President Obama...

I’ve just been briefed by my national security team, including FBI Director Mueller… on the attacks in Boston. We continue to mobilize and deploy all appropriate law enforcement resources to protect our citizens and to investigate and to respond to this attack. Obviously, our first thoughts this morning are with the victims, their families, and the city of Boston. We know that two explosions gravely wounded dozens of Americans and took the lives of others, including an eight year old boy. This was a heinous and cowardly act, and given what we now know about what took place, the FBI is investigating it as an act of terrorism. Any time bombs are used to target innocent civilians, it is an act of terror. What we don’t yet know, however, is who carried out this attack, or why; whether it was planned and executed by a terrorist organization, foreign or domestic, or was the act of a malevolent individual. … It will take time to follow every lead and determine what happened, but we will find out. We will find whoever harmed our citizens, and we will bring them to justice. We also know this: The American people refuse to be terrorized.

It was terrorism.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

16 Apr 2013 17:19 #77 by FredHayek
NPR said tonight the pressure cooler bomb is an Al Quiada technique.

16 Apr 2013 17:21 #78 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

FredHayek wrote: NPR said tonight the pressure cooler bomb is an Al Quiada technique.

And the Taliban. The technique is also readily available on the internet.

16 Apr 2013 17:29 #79 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

FredHayek wrote: Same for the Fort Hood shooter please!

Uh, excuse me , THAT was NOT terrorism, THAT was "workplace violence". You should know better. :wink:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Apr 2013 17:31 #80 by chickaree
One of the downsides of the Internet is that any mildly ambitious person can find instructions on building bombs, making poison gas or spreading disease. The wonder isn't that attacks happen, it's that they don't happen more often.

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds