Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

15 Apr 2013 22:38 - 15 Apr 2013 23:04 #41 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

FredHayek wrote:

archer wrote: Without human rights we might as well be terrorists

Nice platitude but we live in the real world where terrorist cells don't reveal their plans if we ask them nicely.

We do? Did we ask Bin Laden nicely?

Do you think hanging a terrorist in the town square (which is what I was responding to) will get us more information, or stop terrorism? I'm not sure this country is ready to go back to public hangings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2013 05:00 #42 by FredHayek

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

archer wrote: Without human rights we might as well be terrorists

Nice platitude but we live in the real world where terrorist cells don't reveal their plans if we ask them nicely.

We do? Did we ask Bin Laden nicely?

Do you think hanging a terrorist in the town square (which is what I was responding to) will get us more information, or stop terrorism? I'm not sure this country is ready to go back to public hangings.

Public hangings? Actually considering what passes for entertainment. I could see pay per view public hangings and gladiator contests making money.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Apr 2013 06:30 #43 by deltamrey
Having spent several years in Boston (Cambridge) in graduate school, I am very familiar with the population.......we were told in September the population increases by 600,000 - universities primarily. A good 30-50 % are foreign nationals and a large number of Asians abd Muslims.....reason.....they are smart and well funded. The cops will chase theit tails on this one and possibly find nothing.

Politics: WEAK leadership invites aggression (Carter, Clinton, Obama - ALL three had (have) weak foreign policy leading to disasters (hey Clinton gave us 911 - not GB). History tells us this in blood. BUT We the People asked for it.....we seem to never learn....Hill is next in line and from that we will pay dearly. PEACE through Strength. America at the mall this AM.......you bet. OH....trust the police to protect you this AM......and the pols want your guns.........gun control is DEAD.

16 Apr 2013 08:21 #44 by homeagain
H-m-m-m, here's a piece of information to contemplate.....April 19th is the anniversary of the Ok. City bombing.....THIS week. Home
grown terrorism??? Wait and watch..... :(:

16 Apr 2013 08:26 #45 by FredHayek
Patriot Day is a rolling holiday, but supposedly Waco, Oklahoma City, Columbine and yesterday's Boston Marathon Bombing all happened on this day.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Apr 2013 09:01 #46 by gmule
Replied by gmule on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)
And the spin begins.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/this-is- ... c-cbs-abc/

I wonder who they will pin this on? military Vet, disgruntled citizen, church goers?
I guess we will find out when the "Official Report" comes out and see who is blamed then we will know how much more of our freedoms will stripped away in the name of safety.

16 Apr 2013 09:16 - 23 Jan 2017 13:16 #47 by MountainRoadCrew

16 Apr 2013 09:34 #48 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)
My post was also not a violation... congrats on your 6th 'teabagger' jab LJ!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Apr 2013 09:39 #49 by bailey bud
From Boston Globe, this morning

The Saudi man, believed to be a university student in ­Boston, is cooperating with the FBI and told agents that he was not involved in the explosions, and that he ran only because he was frightened. Investigators did not characterize the man as a suspect. No one had been ­arrested or charged by late Monday night.

16 Apr 2013 09:41 #50 by chickaree
Do you guys even see how destructive these attitudes are? It seems as if some are Hoping it was a Muslim or a right winger or a mistake by the current administration so they can continue to hate that grop and feel justified in their hatred. Is hate such a pleasurable emotion for all of you?

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds