Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

16 Apr 2013 11:51 #61 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)
I'm leaning towards home grown terrorists rather than foreign, I think if foreigners were going to go to the trouble to pull off a bombing like this it would have been more spectacular and the extra two bombs would have gone off.......as bad as this was it could have been so much worse. I also think foreign terrorists are more prone to take responsibility and boast about it than a homegrown terrorist bent on mass murder. JMHO.

My fear is that if whoever did this isn't caught soon this kind of attack may replace the mass shootings where the shooter is almost always caught or killed.....that scares me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2013 12:01 #62 by LadyJazzer
I've been thinking "domestic terrorism" all along... Apparently, I'm not the only one:

"9/11 Commission Member: Boston Feels More Like Domestic Terrorism"

Yep... It's speculation...We don't know yet...

16 Apr 2013 12:03 #63 by Blazer Bob

chickaree wrote: I was expecting claims of responsibility from the terrorists today. What do you think it means that there aren't any? Were the terrorists killed, was it a mass killing rather than a terrorist attack?

What is the difference between a mass killing and a terrorist attack?

16 Apr 2013 12:04 #64 by FredHayek

chickaree wrote: I was expecting claims of responsibility from the terrorists today. What do you think it means that there aren't any? Were the terrorists killed, was it a mass killing rather than a terrorist attack?

Do terrorist groups still take responsibility? The underwear and Time Square bombers had overseas support and training but acted alone.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Apr 2013 12:11 #65 by chickaree

Blazer Bob wrote:

What is the difference between a mass killing and a terrorist attack?

A terrorist attack is an attempt to send a message, a mass killing is some sociopath committing murder on a mass scale.

16 Apr 2013 12:15 #66 by chickaree

archer wrote: I'm leaning towards home grown terrorists rather than foreign, I think if foreigners were going to go to the trouble to pull off a bombing like this it would have been more spectacular and the extra two bombs would have gone off.......as bad as this was it could have been so much worse. I also think foreign terrorists are more prone to take responsibility and boast about it than a homegrown terrorist bent on mass murder. JMHO.

My fear is that if whoever did this isn't caught soon this kind of attack may replace the mass shootings where the shooter is almost always caught or killed.....that scares me.

I'm reading that there were no additional bombs, just the two that exploded that were apparently made from pressure cookers.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04 ... s-say?lite

16 Apr 2013 12:30 #67 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

chickaree wrote:

archer wrote: I'm leaning towards home grown terrorists rather than foreign, I think if foreigners were going to go to the trouble to pull off a bombing like this it would have been more spectacular and the extra two bombs would have gone off.......as bad as this was it could have been so much worse. I also think foreign terrorists are more prone to take responsibility and boast about it than a homegrown terrorist bent on mass murder. JMHO.

I'm reading that there were no additional bombs, just the two that exploded that were apparently made from pressure cookers.

Thanks, I stopped reading news reports today, so I missed that information. I wonder how the rumor(?) got so widely spread that there were 2 unexploded devices. It doesn't really change my opinion of this being domestic terrorism, or a mass killing (not sure there is much difference between those two)

16 Apr 2013 12:36 #68 by chickaree
After almost all the stories coming out at the beginning of the Newtown shooting being wrong I'm no longer surprised at the volume if misinformation coming out of the media. They are all more intent at being the first to deliver bad news instead of being the most accurate. They don't suffer from this, so why should they change?

16 Apr 2013 12:41 #69 by lionshead2010
It appears at least some of the bombs were built in pressure cookers. We saw the tactic, technique and procedure (TTP) in Afghanistan where many men take their lunch to work in such a container....it's basically their lunchbox.

Although they already made their debut in places like OKC....I would say the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) has officially arrived on US soil. This is very bad news. Welcome to the Middle East.

I would like to recommend some legislation outlawing the use of pressure cookers, ball bearings and BBs. Who wants to help me with the letter writing campaign?

16 Apr 2013 12:50 #70 by homeagain

lionshead2010 wrote: It appears at least some of the bombs were built in pressure cookers. We saw the tactic, technique and procedure (TTP) in Afghanistan where many men take their lunch to work in such a container....it's basically their lunchbox.

Although they already made their debut in places like OKC....I would say the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) has officially arrived on US soil. This is very bad news. Welcome to the Middle East.

I would like to recommend some legislation outlawing the use of pressure cookers, ball bearings and BBs. Who wants to help me with the letter writing campaign?

To put this in perspective, it has been going on for DECADES in other parts of the globe.....WE just thought it would not be a part of
OUR everyday lives.....the "veil"of illusion has been lifted.....there is NO security.....(but America has fervently believed otherwise)JMO

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds