Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

17 Apr 2013 20:13 #121 by FredHayek

chickaree wrote: How would you feel if your picture was published and you were innocent? I don't think that guard in Atlanta was ever able to recover.

Unfortunately this is what the world has become. The accused is put on display & sometimes convicted in the media, sometimes years before the trial will actually start. And when he is judged innocent, a lot of time no one knows.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2013 22:31 #122 by Mary Scott

FredHayek wrote:

chickaree wrote: How would you feel if your picture was published and you were innocent? I don't think that guard in Atlanta was ever able to recover.

Unfortunately this is what the world has become. The accused is put on display & sometimes convicted in the media, sometimes years before the trial will actually start. And when he is judged innocent, a lot of time no one knows.

If you think George Zimmerman is innocent, raise your hand.

If you think George Zimmerman is guilty, raise your hand.

17 Apr 2013 22:51 #123 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

Mary Scott wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

If you think George Zimmerman is innocent, raise your hand.

If you think George Zimmerman is guilty, raise your hand.

I don't know...that's up to the courts to decide....but we do know he shot Trayvon Martin......what we don't know, and will wait to find out, is if it was justified or not. Quite different than putting someone's picture online indicating they are suspicious persons in a mass bombing with nothing to indicate that other than they have a back pack on.

17 Apr 2013 23:08 #124 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)

archer wrote: Perhaps it would have been more helpful to give the info to the FBI instead of publishing it on the internet.... If the guys circled in the pics are innocent can they sue? I just think it's irresponsible to put that online.

Absolutely agree. Everything is posted online nowadays and it can sometimes hurt an investigation, if not most of the time. Spot on.

As far as if the guys in the photos are innocent, can they sue? Not sure, but a good lawyer might make a case. Otherwise though archer, I think it could be public info or some such. ::shrug::

17 Apr 2013 23:30 #125 by archer

Jekyll wrote:

archer wrote: Perhaps it would have been more helpful to give the info to the FBI instead of publishing it on the internet.... If the guys circled in the pics are innocent can they sue? I just think it's irresponsible to put that online.

Absolutely agree. Everything is posted online nowadays and it can sometimes hurt an investigation, if not most of the time. Spot on.

As far as if the guys in the photos are innocent, can they sue? Not sure, but a good lawyer might make a case. Otherwise though archer, I think it could be public info or some such. ::shrug::

The pictures are certainly public, but the circles and the notes on the pics are not, they are one man's opinion and could be very damaging. Stuff like this in a blog irritates me.

17 Apr 2013 23:38 #126 by Jekyll

archer wrote:

Jekyll wrote:

The pictures are certainly public, but the circles and the notes on the pics are not, they are one man's opinion and could be very damaging. Stuff like this in a blog irritates me.

Ahhh, gotcha. Yea, I agree. Anything BUT the pics should be confidential, but still, the pics shouldn't be out there either. Blogs are damaging and yes, stuff like that on there is even worse. :thumbsup:

17 Apr 2013 23:53 #127 by archer

Jekyll wrote:

archer wrote:

Jekyll wrote:

Ahhh, gotcha. Yea, I agree. Anything BUT the pics should be confidential, but still, the pics shouldn't be out there either. Blogs are damaging and yes, stuff like that on there is even worse. :thumbsup:

shhhhhh jekyll.....if we agree on something, for sure 285Bound will come to a screeching halt.

:VeryScared:

18 Apr 2013 00:02 #128 by Jekyll

archer wrote:

Jekyll wrote:

archer wrote:

Jekyll wrote:

shhhhhh jekyll.....if we agree on something, for sure 285Bound will come to a screeching halt.

:VeryScared:

Not sure about that, hahahahaha, but either way, I cant STAND how everything gets plastered everywhere nowadays. We could probably go on for DAYS about Facebook for instance, holy moley. Either way, no worries, I'm with ya on this one. Pertinent info should be sent to the authorities, bottom line. F*** blogs.

18 Apr 2013 00:09 #129 by Jekyll
Kinda felt like posting this off topic cause I'm in a good mood. I could run a marathon to this:

[youtube:1sqgqvwj]
[/youtube:1sqgqvwj]

18 Apr 2013 07:51 #130 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Boston Marathon Explosion(s)
I never looked at the source, I thought those were released by the government to seek the publics help. I agree that it's wrong for a blog to take this on.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds