Vote no on 4A

09 Oct 2013 14:40 #211 by Reverend Revelant
Replied by Reverend Revelant on topic Vote no on 4A
I would invite all persons who are interested in the Elk Creek 4a issue to grab this Friday's copy of The Flume.

There will be a 2500 word article that I penned on the issue and the paper will also be running some companion stories on Elk Creek and 4a.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Oct 2013 15:31 #212 by FNP
Replied by FNP on topic Vote no on 4A

ForestFellow wrote: I think this really comes down to a simple question: Do you want the local fire department to have the tools and people they need to help you if you need them?

Now we are finally back where the discussion needs to be. Off subject ad hominem arguments are pointless and the "rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic" discussion has been entertaining but well wide of the mark. Fires don't care if you are a communist or in the tea party. They are completely impartial and we all burn together or we all deal with the problem. Forest Fellow has finally reminded us there is a big hole in the side and we are all in the same boat.

Our district's capability has decreased with aging equipment and fewer personnel. Fire danger has increased and we have the fires of the last 2 years to prove it. The State of Colorado has not improved its firefighting capability. The federal departments have cut their capability. The federal fire fighting cavalry isn't going to show up and save the day. We are left with a decision:

The only patch for the hole in our boat that has been offered is 4A. There isn't any other fix being offered.

Do we do nothing and accept the consequences or do we do we at least try to improve our fire fighter's capability to help us out when we need it?

09 Oct 2013 15:40 - 09 Oct 2013 15:45 #213 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic Vote no on 4A

WindPeak wrote: Whether people tell you or not, there will be those who will not support the businesses on this website.

How do get that anyone is threatening businesses that advertise with MMT and call it petty and vindictive. Your lack of business acumen is showing. Now whether you like it or not when a business person takes a stand on a divisive issue, there will be those who will not support your business or its advertisers. That is the real world. No wonder you have so many problems with CG.

Science Chic wrote:
And if you want to threaten those businesses that advertise with My Mountain Town, due to my actions, that's your right but I find it disgusting and cowardly on your part to even threaten that. If you don't want to vote for it, fine - THAT'S YOUR RIGHT. That's WHY it's put to the district VOTERS to decide. Agree to disagree, but threatening to harm unrelated businesses over this is petty, vindictive, and makes me lose all respect for your position.

09 Oct 2013 15:44 #214 by Venturer

FNP wrote:

ForestFellow wrote: I think this really comes down to a simple question: Do you want the local fire department to have the tools and people they need to help you if you need them?

Now we are finally back where the discussion needs to be. Off subject ad hominem arguments are pointless and the "rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic" discussion has been entertaining but well wide of the mark. Fires don't care if you are a communist or in the tea party. They are completely impartial and we all burn together or we all deal with the problem. Forest Fellow has finally reminded us there is a big hole in the side and we are all in the same boat.

Our district's capability has decreased with aging equipment and fewer personnel. Fire danger has increased and we have the fires of the last 2 years to prove it. The State of Colorado has not improved its firefighting capability. The federal departments have cut their capability. The federal fire fighting cavalry isn't going to show up and save the day. We are left with a decision:

The only patch for the hole in our boat that has been offered is 4A. There isn't any other fix being offered.

Do we do nothing and accept the consequences or do we do we at least try to improve our fire fighter's capability to help us out when we need it?

Fire fighter capabilities will not necessarily be improved by taking more money from the taxpayers. You make it sound like you are totally inept w/o it. Learn to work with what you have.

Other fixes on the horizon have to do with the Colorado Wildfire Task Force Recommendations and the fee they want to charge people living in the mountains. As of now it is recommending that the fee go to the fire districts.

Vote NO on 4A.

09 Oct 2013 21:25 #215 by ZenTree
Replied by ZenTree on topic Vote no on 4A

WindPeak wrote: Fire fighter capabilities will not necessarily be improved by taking more money from the taxpayers. You make it sound like you are totally inept w/o it. Learn to work with what you have.

I bet you'd be singing a different tune if it was your house on fire. Or if a wildfire was bearing down on your neighborhood. Or maybe if you, or a family member was suffering a medical emergency.

It's easy to be a hard ass when every thing is fine, but when the poo hits the fan and you call 911, you're going to expect the flipin calvary to be cresting the hill to save your sorry ass.

Vote No on 4A and make sure the calvary is on donkeys instead of stallions. Your call O'Short Sighted One

09 Oct 2013 21:30 #216 by ForestFellow
Replied by ForestFellow on topic Vote no on 4A

ZenTree wrote: It's easy to be a hard ass when every thing is fine, but when the poo hits the fan and you call 911, you're going to expect the flipin calvary to be cresting the hill to save your sorry ass.

Vote No on 4A and make sure the calvary is on donkeys instead of stallions. Your call O'Short Sighted One

Yea! I want the fire department to at least have a tanker that will make it up the hill to my house. I'm pretty sure I'm going to support this measure because I think not doing so only hurts me.

09 Oct 2013 21:34 #217 by DoublePlay
Replied by DoublePlay on topic Vote no on 4A
Hey Chief, Haven't heard from you in a while. Sure your busy filing law suites against Elk Creek and talking with your attorneys, but we miss you. http://mymountaintown.com/forums/post/r ... 6&t=29109#

09 Oct 2013 21:41 #218 by Venturer

ZenTree wrote:

WindPeak wrote: Fire fighter capabilities will not necessarily be improved by taking more money from the taxpayers. You make it sound like you are totally inept w/o it. Learn to work with what you have.

I bet you'd be singing a different tune if it was your house on fire. Or if a wildfire was bearing down on your neighborhood. Or maybe if you, or a family member was suffering a medical emergency.

It's easy to be a hard ass when every thing is fine, but when the poo hits the fan and you call 911, you're going to expect the flipin calvary to be cresting the hill to save your sorry ass.

Prove to me that you will provide stallions when ECFD has been in shambles for years. It isn't what it used to be. Look how many volunteer firefighters quit because of all the squabbles and union attempts. McLaughlin wants the money to make it a union f.d. He was hired for that purpose. And how does that make it better? You had the best many decades ago when it was really volunteer.

How come Intercanyon Fire District can live w/o a bunch of paid administrators and does a quite remarkable job for their community.

Obviously you can't function with what you have so you want to waste more money to continue to be pitiful. NO, it is time for new management and McLaughlin isn't it. Does your paid mouthpiece McLaughlin even live up here?

Stop preying on people with your talk of house on fire or medical emergency. ECFD has been responding for decades and making do long before you showed up. We have done just fine for decades and will continue w/o wasting taxpayers money. How long you been here?

Vote NO on 4A.

09 Oct 2013 21:54 #219 by GO UNION
Replied by GO UNION on topic Vote no on 4A
Doubleplay,..........yawn

10 Oct 2013 00:01 #220 by Twister
Replied by Twister on topic Vote no on 4A
:Whistle :Whistle :Whistle ....Maybe "Chief" is waiting for Doubleplay to tell us who he is. I know I am. BIG words come from BIG men and BIG men have Names! :Whistle :Whistle :Whistle

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds