Impeachment proceedings against Trump

26 Jan 2021 11:33 #1061 by Pony Soldier
Koobookie, so you are saying Trump incited “insurrection” (which amounted to inconveniencing a few of our overlords for a few hours) by telling people in a speech to make their voices heard peacefully and patriotically? You’re claiming this even after your own trusted source of the Washington Post reports that the capitol incursion was preplanned (on Facebook) weeks in advance and even though the capitol was being breached while Trump was still speaking at least 15 minutes away?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2021 11:53 #1062 by FredHayek
The Democrats need 16 Republican votes to convict President Trump. How many do you think they will get? I say 5 and I am being generous.
But their hatred of the man is immense, I could see a scenario in 2055 where they finally get a 67 vote majority in the Senate and they will convict President Trump even though he died 16 years ago.

On the proceedings today, only three Republican senators attended.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jan 2021 12:04 #1063 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: The Democrats need 16 Republican votes to convict President Trump. How many do you think they will get? I say 5 and I am being generous.
But their hatred of the man is immense, I could see a scenario in 2055 where they finally get a 67 vote majority in the Senate and they will convict President Trump even though he died 16 years ago.

McConnell needs to do something to keep Trump from starting a third party. I'm betting that he will whip up the votes needed to convict.

26 Jan 2021 12:16 #1064 by homeagain
dknation.draftkings.com/2021/1/21/222402...ncitement-trial-vote

OVERSEAS odds are favoring conviction....not so much here

26 Jan 2021 14:00 #1065 by Pony Soldier

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: The Democrats need 16 Republican votes to convict President Trump. How many do you think they will get? I say 5 and I am being generous.

McConnell needs to do something to keep Trump from starting a third party. I'm betting that he will whip up the votes needed to convict.

And there it is. They are trying to convict Trump not because he committed a crime, but because they are afraid of him politically. Disgusting fascist behavior.

26 Jan 2021 14:31 #1066 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote:

koobookie wrote:

And there it is. They are trying to convict Trump not because he committed a crime, but because they are afraid of him politically. Disgusting fascist behavior.

You do realize that I was talking about the Republicans possibly wanting Florida Man Trump destroyed so that he doesn't impede their future power?

Democrats want to impeach Florida Man Trump because he incited insurrection against the US government and should be punished for that crime.

26 Jan 2021 15:04 #1067 by ramage
Reflect on this:

After leading republican forces to victory in the English Civil War, Cromwell became Lord Protector. After the Restoration, his body was exhumed and hanged.

Oliver Cromwell is one of the great names in the history of the United Kingdom. A controversial figure during his lifetime and afterwards, he led the Parliamentary forces to victory during the English Civil War. With the restoration of the monarchy, Cromwell’s popularity experienced a sudden and dramatic downturn: and the treatment of his corpse reflects this.

worldhistory.us/european-history/uk-iris...-oliver-cromwell.php

26 Jan 2021 15:23 #1068 by homeagain
I think he missed the meaning by a mile....MCCONNELL does not want TRUMP to trample the GOP,
because after all,there can be ONLY ONE ALPHA.

26 Jan 2021 15:25 #1069 by koobookie
Reflect on this:

Republicans tout themselves as the law & order party. If a law was broken, a crime committed, then a punishment must follow.

It's obvious that Florida Man Trump, ever since the election, has encourage and incited his MAGA followers to not accept the results of the election. Several of the MAGA rioters on January 6th have stated that they were following orders from the president to storm the capitol. Even Hair Dye Giuliani used the phrase "trial by combat" to incite the crowd and warm them up for the prez.

Florida Man Trump is responsible for the insurrection and needs to be held accountable.

Reflect even more on this: Manson did not personally kill anyone, but he did direct his followers to do so.

26 Jan 2021 15:28 #1070 by homeagain
OH...goody,goody....the ''c''word....CULT, game on.

Time to create page: 0.602 seconds