Impeachment proceedings against Trump

26 Jan 2021 16:10 #1071 by Pony Soldier
Please cite the exact words that you claim “incited” the “insurrection”. I’m now curious since you are actually going so low as to compare Trump to Charles Manson. It is truly disgusting the depths to which some will delve to try and justify insanity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2021 16:36 #1072 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: Please cite the exact words that you claim “incited” the “insurrection”. I’m now curious since you are actually going so low as to compare Trump to Charles Manson. It is truly disgusting the depths to which some will delve to try and justify insanity.

Well, gosh, Pony Soldier, it's not so much what he said on that day, it's the entire 2-1/2 months of telling his supporters to "fight fight fight." Add it all up.

But hey, if you want to read that insurrection speech, here it is:
www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trum...transcript-january-6

Trump tells them that they've been cheated, the election was stolen. He tells them that they are victims of the terrible liberals, gives them an enemy upon which they can focus their rage. But I'll bet you can't see that in the speech because of your pro Florida Man Trump bias. Go ahead and read the speech. They are the words of an oligarch, an authoritarian wanting desperately to cling to power and fueling his rabid supporters on to violence.

We are so lucky to be rid of that man from our government. What a huge mistake it was to have him in the office.

26 Jan 2021 16:46 #1073 by Pony Soldier
They are the word of a man who was indeed cheated and damn well knew it. So...will CNN be going to prison for insuurection too?

26 Jan 2021 16:52 #1074 by koobookie
They are the words of a man who erroneously thought he was cheated.

26 Jan 2021 17:29 #1075 by Pony Soldier
www.foxnews.com/politics/tulsi-gabbard-s...than-capitol-rioters

One of very few democrats who remember what being an American means..
Kyrsten Sinema is another even though I disagree on policy with both. I’m actually glad she beat McSally in AZ. McSally is a sellout. Sinema is a bit of a nut but votes her conscience, party be damned.

26 Jan 2021 17:37 #1076 by Blazer Bob

Pony Soldier wrote: www.foxnews.com/politics/tulsi-gabbard-s...than-capitol-rioters

Kyrsten Sinema is another even though I disagree on policy with both. I’m actually glad she beat McSally in AZ. McSally is a sellout. Sinema is a bit of a nut but votes her conscience, party be damned.

That is ballsy for a d. Reminds me of Plaidvillian who used to post here. Wrong about almost everything but had principals and was willing to speak up.

26 Jan 2021 18:02 #1077 by Pony Soldier
Gabbard is the only politician I’ve ever contributed to. I think she could have actually gone a long way towards unification. Instead we’ve got ... well, never mind.

26 Jan 2021 19:26 #1078 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

FredHayek wrote: The Democrats need 16 Republican votes to convict President Trump. How many do you think they will get? I say 5 and I am being generous.
But their hatred of the man is immense, I could see a scenario in 2055 where they finally get a 67 vote majority in the Senate and they will convict President Trump even though he died 16 years ago.

On the proceedings today, only three Republican senators attended.

McConnell needs to do something to keep Trump from starting a third party. I'm betting that he will whip up the votes needed to convict.

Good theory. If senators could vote secretly, President Trump would be convicted. But these GOP senators are worried about the wrath of Trump voters. They will lose votes and donations if they choose to convict the Donald.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Jan 2021 07:50 #1079 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: www.foxnews.com/politics/tulsi-gabbard-s...than-capitol-rioters

That is ballsy for a d. Reminds me of Plaidvillian who used to post here. Wrong about almost everything but had principals and was willing to speak up.

I remember his/her posts...we got into a metaphysical discussion/.....he/she always had a unique take on things.

28 Jan 2021 13:01 #1080 by FredHayek
A bipartisan group of senators are pushing a plan to censure the President for inspiring the Capitol attack. Since it is unlikely 17 Republican senators will vote to convict the Donald, do you think a censure will be enough?

I would think a censure would get more Republicans on board since it wouldn't strip the man of post-presidential status.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.619 seconds