Impeachment proceedings against Trump

28 Jan 2021 16:14 #1081 by ramage
Fred,
" If senators could vote secretly,"
Do you realize how incongruous this statement is with, why we have a legislature elected by the people.
In order to be accountable to the electoral, their votes need to be public.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pony Soldier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2021 18:55 #1082 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Fred,
Do you realize how incongruous this statement is with, why we have a legislature elected by the people.

Agree, but the idea was discussed. Imagine how different legislators would vote if neither their party nor their voters knew how they voted.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Jan 2021 20:39 #1083 by Rick

FredHayek wrote:

ramage wrote: Fred,

Agree, but the idea was discussed. Imagine how different legislators would vote if neither their party nor their voters knew how they voted.

That makes no sense. If you don't have an idea of how your representatives vote, do you just vote on personality and appearance? Never mind, I guess we just witnessed that on Nov. 3rd.
My bad.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Jan 2021 10:37 - 29 Jan 2021 10:38 #1084 by FredHayek
If Democrats want to increase their chances to convict President Trump, they should ask Twitter and Facebook to give him back his accounts. Harder to convict church mouse Trump.

30 Jan 2021 08:23 #1085 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: If Democrats want to increase their chances to convict President Trump, they should ask Twitter and Facebook to give him back his accounts. Harder to convict church mouse Trump.

In a country where people are supposed to be convicted based on evidence, including intent, why would it matter if Trump is allowed to participate in free speech? As in all their failed attempts to illegally take him down, they need actual evidence and proof of intent to commit a crime... and once again, they have nothing other than a childish need for revenge.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Jan 2021 16:04 #1086 by ramage
www.cbs46.com/george-w-bush-to-thank-dic...cb-0efc963f8d5a.html

George W. Bush to thank Dick Cheney, father of Liz Cheney, 'for his daughter's service'

What an endorsement in Wyoming! (sarc)

30 Jan 2021 16:44 #1087 by homeagain
OH MY, U R remiss in including SDNY...they have NOT finished their work and WHOA BABY wait for
those whoppers to start unwinding on TRUMP...and not in a good way.

31 Jan 2021 09:44 #1088 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: OH MY, U R remiss in including SDNY...they have NOT finished their work and WHOA BABY wait for
those whoppers to start unwinding on TRUMP...and not in a good way.

And that could totally backfire on the Democrats in 2022. Trump is still well liked by tens of millions and America tends to be a forgiving nation. If America comes to believe that the SDNY is nothing more than a partisan hit squad that only targets Republicans, fundraising will be very easy for the GOP.

31 Jan 2021 10:38 #1089 by homeagain
Let me understand U clearly......ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES FROM HIS COMP/FAMILY,TAX FRAUD BEFORE HE WAS POTUS and just a citizen of The USA R what we are speaking of......investigations of the above,
were on going BEFORE the 1stimpeachment/2nd impeachment AND the CAPITOL CRISIS. SDNY has
been building cases for a VERY long time.... since TRUMP was a private citizen....

31 Jan 2021 18:38 #1090 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: Let me understand U clearly......ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES FROM HIS COMP/FAMILY,TAX FRAUD BEFORE HE WAS POTUS and just a citizen of The USA R what we are speaking of......investigations of the above,
were on going BEFORE the 1stimpeachment/2nd impeachment AND the CAPITOL CRISIS. SDNY has
been building cases for a VERY long time.... since TRUMP was a private citizen....

SUNY were also the people that let Jeffrey Epstein get away with pimping and prostitution of underage women. Sure sounds like they are a partisan bunch who are willing to overlook major crimes if those charged are politically connected.

Time to create page: 0.595 seconds