Impeachment proceedings against Trump

09 Feb 2021 18:46 #1141 by Blazer Bob

koobookie wrote: On top of that, Donald is the only president in history to be impeached twice.

That is true and along with slavery it will forever be recorded in the dem party hall of shame.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Feb 2021 19:46 #1142 by FredHayek
The Dem's big impeachment trial isn't getting as much attention as Cat Lawyer. B) B)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Feb 2021 07:06 - 10 Feb 2021 21:16 #1143 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote: Let's be clear - Trump incited this insurrection, he is responsible for the attack - this attempted coup - on our democracy. Trump needs to be held accountable, or else the next authoritarian that the Republicans thrust upon the country will think they can do whatever they want without any penalty.

*** *** **, ** ********, ****** ***? President Biden has already drawn up 40 plus executive orders. That sounds pretty authoritarian to me, especially when his Democratic Party controls the House and Senate. Can't he just sign off on bills passed by his party? A true Democrat would not need executive orders when his party controls the legislature.
The next 1.9 trillion dollars in spending was passed by the Democrats with no Republican votes. Just like ACA. Bipartisanship is clearly only a talking point with Joe. He has no intention of being a moderate who can reach across the aisle. Remember, there are enough soft Republicans like Mitt Romney to create legislation for both blue and red states.

bolded... THE SOLE reason is to CANCEL actions by a sociopath person, it is rich with IRONY
that the king relied on executive orders to achieve what he wanted.when he wanted it and NOT care
about governmental processes....after all, I am KING,I DECREE IT.

10 Feb 2021 08:51 #1144 by FredHayek
So if President Trump does something bad like executive orders, President Biden is allowed to write many, many more in ten days? Sorry, just doesn't hold water. President Biden's team realizes his executive orders aren't popular enough to stand up to open debate in the House and Senate. Bad precedent. So the next Republican president can create one hundred executive orders in his first week?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Feb 2021 16:19 #1145 by Pony Soldier
If the domocrats have such a good case against Trump, why did they have to doctor the video they showed to omit Trump's call to "peacefully and patriotically make your voice heard"?

10 Feb 2021 19:51 #1146 by homeagain
THAT is a good question...I would have like to have seen it in context/timing concurrent with the actions involved.

10 Feb 2021 23:21 #1147 by chrisd3711
Pony Soldier said:

> If the democrats have such a good case against Trump, why did they have to doctor the video they showed to omit Trump's call to "peacefully and patriotically make your voice heard"?

Yes, that is a good question, but I give Trump enough credit that he may actually have had the foresight to cover his ass with this statement. He knew or reasonably should have known, that there was going to be violence directly attributable to his incitement. Was the mob going to listen to and follow this one low-key directive to be peaceful slipped into his rallying speech after months of agitation leading up to and including the storming of the Capital? Apparently not...

11 Feb 2021 05:04 #1148 by Pony Soldier
Mind reading is not a valid prosecution strategy although it seems to be being employed by the democrats. Lying about colleagues seems to be another failed tactic. Citing fake news articles as evidence yet another. It would appear the democrats have nothing as usual.

11 Feb 2021 07:05 #1149 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: Mind reading is not a valid prosecution strategy although it seems to be being employed by the democrats. Lying about colleagues seems to be another failed tactic. Citing fake news articles as evidence yet another. It would appear the democrats have nothing as usual.

[/b]

I am NOT watching the impeachment trail...when R's are turning a blind eye.BUT, when I saw a RECAP
last nite of the mayhem AND A MALE RIOTER CALLING OUT ''NANCY,OH NANCY, WHERE R U.?"and
striding down the hall, like a hunter...it reminded me of Jack Nickelson in the scene "THE SHINING"...RU
KIDDING ME.....'THEY HAVE NOTHING AS USUAL?????

I just read in Forbes.or Reuters that a THIRD PARTY ANTI TRUMP GROUP IS BEING BORN.....sign me the F UP, as they are in the center and THAT is what is needed....THE FOURTH TURNING JUST MIGHT MANIFEST SOMETHING GOOD.

11 Feb 2021 07:56 #1150 by Pony Soldier
I’m not sure how video of rioters implicates Trump... can you share your thought process?

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds