Impeachment proceedings against Trump

11 Feb 2021 08:05 #1151 by homeagain
YOUR mind and MY MIND WILL never MEET IN THE MIDDLE....(which is the epic problem in AMERICA)
It is beyond me that U think telling Pence to do the right thing and halt the vote,dump democracy and
heed the words or suffer the consequences,calling him a traitor,spinless and SUGGESTING that PENCE
BE A TARGET FOR HIS WRATH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2021 08:24 #1152 by Pony Soldier
And??? Is that the impeachable offense now? I'm sorry that the bad orange man offended you but offending you is not impeachable.

11 Feb 2021 09:19 #1153 by homeagain
OFFENDED????? It is so far removed from offended.....it could be on another planet. HORROR OF A HUMAN BEING. and that does not do justice.

insurrection n

: the act or an instance of revolting esp. violently against civil or political authority or against an established government. ;also. : the crime of inciting or engaging in such revolt [whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or against the authority of the United States…

I believe THIS describes it quite accurately.....offended? WHAT A MISNOMER

11 Feb 2021 10:35 #1154 by Pony Soldier
Just to clarify, it wasn’t Trump breaching the Capitol or calling for it to be breached. It wasn’t an insurrection. That’s just ridiculous. It was a temper tantrum. Trump is on trial for something he didn’t do once again. You can project the actions of rioters onto him all you want but that will never make it true.

11 Feb 2021 11:33 #1155 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: OFFENDED????? It is so far removed from offended.....it could be on another planet. HORROR OF A HUMAN BEING. and that does not do justice.

insurrection n

: the act or an instance of revolting esp. violently against civil or political authority or against an established government. ;also. : the crime of inciting or engaging in such revolt [whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or against the authority of the United States…

I believe THIS describes it quite accurately.....offended? WHAT A MISNOMER

Actually if you read the Declaration of Independence, it clearly states that if government becomes too tyrannical, you do have permission to overthrow it. What is too tyrannical will change depending on the person. I think income taxes that are higher than 30% are tyrannical and equivalent to working for the government like a part time slave.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Feb 2021 12:20 #1156 by chrisd3711
OK, I am done with this. Income taxes over 30%? They have been a helluva lot higher than that historically, but that is beside the point. Trump is guilty as hell but is more than likely to be acquitted because this is a political show, not exactly as it is framed to be - a judicial proceeding. It would be remarkable if 17 Republicans had the gonads to say, "Guilty as charged," but maybe the better word would be miraculous. I do believe in miracles, so anything is possible!

I am going to unsubscribe now. This has become more like a ping pong match than a true dialogue, where open-minded people of goodwill come together to share meaning and challenge each other's perspectives and assumptions in a respectful way.

Good bye!

11 Feb 2021 13:16 #1157 by Pony Soldier
I’m sorry but you waded into this discussion by throwing out the Trump is guilt as hell and deserves to be convicted without citing any evidence of this claim. Open minded people of good will???

11 Feb 2021 13:50 #1158 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: I’m sorry but you waded into this discussion by throwing out the Trump is guilt as hell and deserves to be convicted without citing any evidence of this claim. Open minded people of good will???

www.cnbc.com/2021/01/06/mike-pence-rejec...-biden-election.html

HERE is what U requested.....

11 Feb 2021 14:06 #1159 by Pony Soldier
Not even close, but thanks for trying.

11 Feb 2021 18:13 #1160 by Rick

chrisd3711 wrote: OK, I am done with this. Income taxes over 30%? They have been a helluva lot higher than that historically, but that is beside the point. Trump is guilty as hell but is more than likely to be acquitted because this is a political show, not exactly as it is framed to be - a judicial proceeding. It would be remarkable if 17 Republicans had the gonads to say, "Guilty as charged," but maybe the better word would be miraculous. I do believe in miracles, so anything is possible!

I am going to unsubscribe now. This has become more like a ping pong match than a true dialogue, where open-minded people of goodwill come together to share meaning and challenge each other's perspectives and assumptions in a respectful way.

Good bye!

Stick around and debate specific points if you have the ability to do so. I don't see how you could be harmed, I think this is a pretty safe space... or you can just drop a comment and run... your choice.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds