Impeachment proceedings against Trump

25 Mar 2018 16:36 #201 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote:

ScienceChic wrote: this amoral, spoiled, narcissistic, greedy blowhard

Thanks for telling us what you really think but what about that makes him different than most presidents. :P

They weren't traitors working for the enemy.

LOL. I thought you were waiting for all the facts to come in before reaching a judgement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2018 10:14 - 26 Mar 2018 10:17 #202 by Yossarian

Carrie wrote: If the Republicans save the country it will, unfortunately no longer be a democracy. When people so blindly elect a narcissistic, inexperienced, racist adulterer as POTUS because he said he would make America great again, with no logical plan, because he is a Republican, God help this country. He insults and punishes our Allies, as well as our citizens (look at Puerto Rico), disrespects our veterans (look at the immigrant with two tours in Afghanistan that he allowed, or had, deported), disrespects his own family and women in general, doesn't believe in science (global warming) or economics (coal will come back), and sheep follow him, God help the U.S. The main threat to this country is not from outside--it is from within.

I'm afraid that this country is a constitutional republic, not a pure democracy. Sorry 'bout the rest of that. Given your view of the president, it would appear to be a simple, constructive task for the party that lost the election to develop a cogent platform that addresses the needs of the middle-class, and nominate an ethical, trustworthy candidate. We're waiting.

26 Mar 2018 10:24 #203 by parkcobound
I'm not going to weigh in on the bulk of that argument - as I said I am waiting, hoping for clearer evidence before I make a judgment on potus - but I had to comment on the comment about the constitutional republic. I agree - but I don't think I have heard anyone else say that for quite some time!! I have had absolute knock down drag out arguments over that particular topic! Minus your local government - we do live in a republic. ya, you already knew that, and you probably don't need radification, but was so shocked to see that I had to mention it. I hope that isn't the highlight of my Monday :(

26 Mar 2018 10:47 #204 by Rick

Carrie wrote: If the Republicans save the country it will, unfortunately no longer be a democracy. When people so blindly elect a narcissistic, inexperienced, racist adulterer as POTUS because he said he would make America great again, with no logical plan, because he is a Republican, God help this country. He insults and punishes our Allies, as well as our citizens (look at Puerto Rico), disrespects our veterans (look at the immigrant with two tours in Afghanistan that he allowed, or had, deported), disrespects his own family and women in general, doesn't believe in science (global warming) or economics (coal will come back), and sheep follow him, God help the U.S. The main threat to this country is not from outside--it is from within.

Lets just say for the sake of argument that the United States of America was a democracy and not a Constitutional Republic... please explain how the president or the Republicans could destroy that democracy. Yes, I get it, the president says a lot of stuff that offends a lot of people... how does that lead to the end of a democracy? (if that's what we have, which we don't)

When Obama single handedly decided to change immigration law on his own, without congress, and without the vote of the people, was that something we typically see in a democracy? Seems to me like Obama acted like a dictator in that situation and I don't remember people like you wailing about losing our "democracy".

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Mar 2018 12:34 #205 by ramage
Carrie,
Take a deep breath. It is evident that you do not like the President Trump. But both you and he can agree on "God help the U.S." Unlike our former president. And Mr. Trump would agree that there is a great threat to the U.S. from within, i.e. "the swamp".
Very important, God and country.

27 Mar 2018 09:53 #206 by parkcobound
www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/bli...blic-citizen-n859246

not sure what I think of this, but it is interesting

06 Apr 2018 11:06 #207 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote:
On the title of this thread: I've explained multiple times that it's a fact that articles of impeachment have been filed against Trump. That is a fact.

Well according to the leftist factcheck website, it's anything but a fact.

On 15 February 2017, left-of-center web site BipartisanReport.com posted a story with a misleading clickbait headline: “Donald Trump Impeachment Process Begins – FEC Paperwork Filed – Tantrum Imminent.” The story then went on to report that a California Democrat, Boyd Roberts of Laguna Beach, had announced plans to challenge the sitting Republican, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, and has simultaneously launched a political action committee called “Impeach Trump”:.....

Counter to what the story implies, the impeachment process does not involve the FEC. Instead, impeachment proceedings are initiated by the House of Representatives, and the trial is carried out by the Senate. The Constitution states:

www.snopes.com/fact-check/rating/false/

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Apr 2018 16:17 #208 by ScienceChic

www.congress.gov/quick-search/legislatio...sultViewType=compact

H.Res.438 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors.
Sponsor: Rep. Sherman, Brad [D-CA-30] (Introduced 07/12/2017)
Committees: House - Judiciary
Latest Action: House - 07/12/2017 Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

H.Res.621 - Impeaching Donald J. Trump, President of the United States, of high crimes and misdemeanors.
Sponsor: Rep. Cohen, Steve [D-TN-9] (Introduced 11/15/2017)
Committees: House - Judiciary
Latest Action: House - 11/15/2017 Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

H.Res.646 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, of high misdemeanors.
Sponsor: Rep. Green, Al [D-TX-9] (Introduced 12/06/2017)
Latest Action: House - 12/06/2017 On motion to table the measure Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 364 - 58, 4 Present

H.Res.705 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, of high misdemeanors.
Sponsor: Rep. Green, Al [D-TX-9] (Introduced 01/19/2018)
Latest Action: House - 01/19/2018 On motion to table the measure Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: 355 - 66, 3 Present

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

07 Apr 2018 09:38 #209 by Rick
So a few butthurt Dems want him impeached, lol.... there are no impeachment proceedings. Maybe if you're lucky and the Dems take the house.

George Orwell

07 Apr 2018 10:03 #210 by Rick
I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm picking on your thread all the time but my dad has the same distorted opinion and tells me that there is an impeachment process ongoing that will eventually impeach Trump. Then I ask him "what credible news source is giving you updates on these impeachment proceedings"? We all know (if we're being honest) that the vast majority of the media wants to take Trump out... so why are they not talking about how this impeachment is going, if it is actually a real thing other than the dreams of TDS Democrats?

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds