Impeachment proceedings against Trump

10 May 2018 18:03 #221 by Blazer Bob

ScienceChic wrote:
My desire if for the truth and justice to prevail, whatever that may be. I don't care which party a guilty member belongs to, I want corruption rooted out and punished. We are Americans first, and we cannot allow hostile foreign adversaries to divide us.

Or we can just hang him for playing too much golf.

quote="ScienceChic" post=351136][I've seen enough. The under cover videos of Cambridge Analytica, coupled with the interviews of Trump's own campaign marketing people and how they operated, sealed it for me. His actions have sealed it for me. He's not divested himself of his business holdings, he is profiting off of this presidency, he's been golfing way too much, the White House isn't using secure email, many of his appointees have pleaded guilty to criminal charges or are under investigation, Scott Pruitt is as corrupt as they come and Trump has praised his efforts, and he cheated on every one of his wives and has been married 3 times - his lack of moral and ethical behavior should've disqualified him from even becoming a candidate, much less being elected.[/quote]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 May 2018 18:19 #222 by Blazer Bob
speaking of corruption has the stench arising from the FBI hit your radar?

or this:

"Judge Awards $3.5 Million Settlement to Tea Party Groups for Obama IRS Targeting Scandal"

www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/05/judge-a...s-targeting-scandal/

12 May 2018 11:38 #223 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: Maybe I'm wrong SC, but to make something "personal", wouldn't I need to call someone out by name?

I don't understand why asking anti-Trump people a pretty start forward question is somehow too personal or beyond what should be said in a debate forum. Surely by now everybody has a gut feeling about whether or not the investigation had been started in an honest and ethical way... there's plenty of evidence if you are not getting one sided information. Oh well, I can't force anyone to answer, all I can do is ask.

Not necessarily, but that's why I stated it as a gentle reminder. No, you didn't attack anyone specifically but your comment is directed to people who support Trump, not about the issues surrounding this administration. This Courthouse Forum is for debating issues, not going after each other for our beliefs (that's what The Ring is for); those who support Trump will speak up if they wish to, it's not necessary to call them out. Your post is a slippery slope that could make people defensive and lead to responses that do break our guidelines for this forum; I simply wish to head that off and steer it back to the issues.

I put a hard line on this because I see this happen everywhere else on the internet and local groups/forums. "What you allow is what will continue." This forum will be different; and if drama or venting is what you seek, we have that offered too in The Ring.

Now, in getting back to the issues:
ramage: Bill Clinton was impeached without there being any trial to prove guilt beforehand, how is this different? Do you have proof that the teams are using the process illegally?

BlazerBob: what does the IRS unfairly targeting Tea Party groups have to do with the FBI?
Yes, Trump spends way too much time at his own properties, and playing golf. For a man who slammed Obama going golfing, it's beyond hypocritical that he's done it far and away more often, and where is the outrage at Trump doing it AND profiting off of using his properties for government business? For that matter, where is the outrage that he's cheated on his wife and lied about it, is using an unsecured phone that is most likely being listened to, and his administration unsecured and unofficial email accounts and servers? Or that several of his staff have resigned and/or been accused of domestic abuse, wasteful spending, improper conduct, and have had security clearances revoked (or continued access to sensitive information in their roles despite clearances being revoked)?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 May 2018 14:48 - 12 May 2018 14:50 #224 by ramage
ScienceChic,
I am at a loss as to why you have invoked Bill Clinton. Again, impeachment is a bill passed by the House of Representatives that is then sent to the Senate where the trial is held. I do not understand your comment that Bill Clinton was impeached before any trial to prove guilt. The basis of the House passing a bill of impeachment was that Clinton committed perjury, of that there is no question; as an aside he was disbarred because of the perjury.
Regarding using the process illegally, I would refer you to the lies to Congress and the American people of Comey and McCabe.
As to your comment to Blazer Bob, please do not think that you have to protect my fragile ego from his comments. Actually his comments as to the stench from the FBI should prompt you to shield those egos on the left.
Finally, Trump goes to his own home and plays golf. Obama went to the prorperties of influential donors to play golf. By cheating on his wife I take it to understand that you are assuming the Ms. Daniels is now telling the truth, but was not in her two affidavits stating that it never happened. My question to you where is the semen stained blue dress?

14 May 2018 10:03 #225 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote: No, you didn't attack anyone specifically but your comment is directed to people who support Trump, not about the issues surrounding this administration. This Courthouse Forum is for debating issues, not going after each other for our beliefs (that's what The Ring is for); those who support Trump will speak up if they wish to, it's not necessary to call them out. Your post is a slippery slope that could make people defensive and lead to responses that do break our guidelines for this forum; I simply wish to head that off and steer it back to the issues.

I put a hard line on this because I see this happen everywhere else on the internet and local groups/forums. "What you allow is what will continue." This forum will be different; and if drama or venting is what you seek, we have that offered too in The Ring.

Actually my questions are for those who don't support Trump, and they are fair questions and do not have elements of attack in them. If you and others really know all the facts surrounding the investigators and how the investigation was started, then it's just a matter of debating whether or not those facts matter. If you feel that the investigation has been above board and criticism is not warranted, then I'm just completely baffled, if you indeed know all the facts thus far. I'll personally go on record stating that this investigation will be seen as one of the most corrupt, dishonest, and biased waste of time I've seen in my lifetime. Guess we'll have to wait until Trump is out of office for the investigation to end... it's really the only thing the Dems have to run on, along with "Trump says stupid stuff and is a bad guy".

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 May 2018 11:00 #226 by parkcobound
I am sure I'm going to get pounced on for this comment, this is sort of hypothetical - I'm really asking a general question here - but IF there was wrong doing...whether it was by someone on Trump's team or even if someone in the Clinton camp broke the laws concerning elections or by anyone else who was interfering in our elections, and an investigation was started... for what ever reason... just because you don't like or agree with the reason the investigation was opened, does that mean that any criminal activity that was found during the investigation should be ignored? I am not perfectly well versed in criminal procedure, but I suspect that the trail to legal activity founded upon other illegal activity may not be admissible in court - for instance if the cops broke into your house without a warrant and found stolen stuff in there and they had no probably cause to break in ...the evidence is probably not admissible in court - However, that being said, that does not mean that I want to look the other way. For me, I just want the truth - what ever that truth may be. I don't particularly care whether the investigation was started by some dossier that may or may not have been largely false or what ever .... if it leads to exposing wrong doing in our election process - regardless of whether it was an aid, someone higher up.... I really just want to know about it and hopefully the problem corrected so it can't happen again.

15 May 2018 12:20 #227 by Rick

parkcobound wrote: I am sure I'm going to get pounced on for this comment, this is sort of hypothetical - I'm really asking a general question here - but IF there was wrong doing...whether it was by someone on Trump's team or even if someone in the Clinton camp broke the laws concerning elections or by anyone else who was interfering in our elections, and an investigation was started... for what ever reason... just because you don't like or agree with the reason the investigation was opened, does that mean that any criminal activity that was found during the investigation should be ignored? I am not perfectly well versed in criminal procedure, but I suspect that the trail to legal activity founded upon other illegal activity may not be admissible in court - for instance if the cops broke into your house without a warrant and found stolen stuff in there and they had no probably cause to break in ...the evidence is probably not admissible in court - However, that being said, that does not mean that I want to look the other way. For me, I just want the truth - what ever that truth may be. I don't particularly care whether the investigation was started by some dossier that may or may not have been largely false or what ever .... if it leads to exposing wrong doing in our election process - regardless of whether it was an aid, someone higher up.... I really just want to know about it and hopefully the problem corrected so it can't happen again.

I agree, I also want the truth. That said, I also want to know that the most powerful agencies in our country are not abusing their power for political motives. How can any of us on the right, left, or middle be ok with the abuses we've seen so far? We all know what Nixon was guilty of and I'm having a hard time seeing how this situation isn't worse. The same people who were in charge of investigating Hillary and the evidence she destroyed are the same ones investigating Trump... the difference in the amount of scrutiny is stunning. Comey wrote Hillary's exoneration letter months before she was even interviewed... what if Trump was given that same sort of soft treatment? I want the truth, but I also want EVERY person involved in the investigation treated the same way as someone like Flynn. If they lied to the American people or the FBI or the DOJ, or FISA judges, they need to pay, they need to be prosecuted to the fullest.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 May 2018 14:03 #228 by parkcobound
the longer this drags on - all of these investigations - it is starting to seem to me like maybe no one is innocent, guilty of something, to some degree or another. At one point I would have defended Comey, he seemed outwardly, as one of the few persons involved in all of this that might be 100% honest. I don't feel as comfortable with that as I did several months ago, and as I have said before I am trying very hard to reserve judgment about any of this until all of the facts are out. That being said, I have a very real concern that all of the facts of this may never be known. In a perfect world, all that have twisted or flat out broken the laws here would just come clean.... get everything out in the open so that our Country can figure out where it went wrong - because it does seem like there are so many things so very wrong at the moment. Figure out how a foreign country effected our last election, figure out how to never let that happen again - I would like to see lobbyists (paid lobbyists) banned, kickbacks banned. our legislators should be representing the people that elected them, giving them a voice and protecting their interests. I am not a history nerd or anything, but there are enough instances that stand out in history where it because obvious that this senator or that congressman was more interested in helping themselves than the people they were elected to represent - but it really seems to me the root of the problem lies there. The shear fact that they cannot agree that we need to find out of a foreign country meddled in our election says a lot to me. Maybe it isn't more prevalent now - maybe the news cycle is just more prolific and we just hear about it more now than in the past, but I think what I would really like to see is us as citizens - all of us regular folks who are paying attention to what is going on in this country - stand up and say We Need Honesty from the people who are running this country! legislators, cabinet members, staffers, all of them should be held to a higher standard. We are paying their salary through our taxes and it seems many of them only want to WIN - beat the other guy, belittle the folks they disagree with. We do not have to all agree, however, Democracy defined in Websters is: "1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority. b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections."
and I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like the state and federal government are all just doing what they want to do and don't really seem to care what the rest of us actually think. I never trusted Trump, and no I didn't vote for him, but I did wish someone would "drain the swamp." He doesn't really seem to be doing that... but then neither would Hillary - she's also untrustworthy I think, she is just more skilled at masking it, and not as loud and obnoxious as Trump. For those out there who want to impeach Trump - lets say he were actually guilty of everything that has been said about him - if he were to be impeached what would change? Would Mr. Pence run things differently? I imagine some things he would. Hard telling if he would run for the next term - or if by then Russia or someone else will have total control over our election and just plant who ever they think will suit their purposes. I think our time would be better spent, trying to figure out how we can make our communities better - without trying to overhaul a broken government - because I am totally loosing faith that will ever happen. Every single day it seems there is a new scandal, new allegation, new investigation, and none of it ever seems to go anywhere and no problems solved. We should all be better people, better neighbors, better citizens. Better to each other, better to our families, better to our community and better to our earth. and now I feel like it's the 60s all over again ;) with that I guess peace out might be appropriate :) B)

16 May 2018 08:58 #229 by Rick

parkcobound wrote: Hard telling if he would run for the next term - or if by then Russia or someone else will have total control over our election and just plant who ever they think will suit their purposes.

That was a good post and I always appreciate hearing real thoughts and opinions without the need to post the thoughts and opinions of biased journalists.

As for this quote, do you think Russia actually had any tangible influence over the last election and do you really believe they or anyone else could take control over our elections? Maybe if our elections were online and some domestic or foreign power was able to "hack" them, but that's not possible since our elections are offline. I know the media would like us all to think Russia was to blame for Hillary's loss, but there is zero evidence that was the case (unless you think $100k of facebook ads could tip the scales).

George Orwell

16 May 2018 09:47 #230 by parkcobound
I think the Russian trolling is fairly well documented. I also think it is impossible to tell whether any of that swayed anyone to vote one way or the other. most people are bombarded by advertising throughout the day - most of it we really don't even register and can that have any impact on a person? Those are answers we will never have. Really what I am referring to is Russia's attempt to sway. I don't think any of the states have reported any type of actual interference, but there were attempts. Which to me means, either we need to go back to an all paper ballot that cannot be hacked or the system needs to be better equipped to thwart hacking attempts, because just because they didn't succeed in changing votes up to this point, does not mean they won't be successful in the future. And, if they have any assistance inside the government, those people need to be rooted out and removed from any access to our elections. While I realize that just because a person has done business with Russia does not mean they are pro Russia (or China or any other country for that matter) that type of thing does create a cloud for a person with regard to conflict of interest. I think as Americans, many, myself included, feel like often our vote really doesn't count - for me that is often because I feel like our legislators vote for what ever suits them, or for which ever lobbyist has paid them the most money. That being said, the thought that a foreign country might be contributing to that makes me pretty uneasy. In the end who is looking out for our interests? and isn't that what our governmental officials are elected to do?

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds