Impeachment proceedings against Trump

24 May 2018 16:39 #241 by ramage
So, Driver8,
Trump is colluding with the Russians. Michael Cohen is paid by the Ukrainians to get a meeting of the Ukrainian President with Trump. The Ukrainians agree to purchase missiles to be used against the Russians from the U.S. In turn the Ukrainians drop their investigation into Manafort. This however has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation, re Manafort, which is still proceeding apace.
What is the "quid" for the Russians?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2018 16:48 #242 by driver8
If you actually believe that the quid/corruption is limited to the russians.... I have a FINE piece of land to sell you about 35 miles west of Fort Lauderdale. Lol!

What do the Sauds and MBS get?
What about the Qatari? What do they get for financing/bailing out the Kushners 666 Fith Ave?

I hope that there a modicum of embarrassment with ostriches on the right once this is more out in the open. It is out for people who actually get out of their bubble and head out of the sand.

Read the Panama Papers, dig around.... or don't, I really don't care.

24 May 2018 21:12 #243 by ramage
Driver8,
Please give me more information on the land 35 miles west of Ft. Lauderdale. It is the City of Weston, very upscale, much like Coral Gables, Fl, a suburb of Miami. I lived in south Florida for 25 years and am very much interested in this piece of property that you would like to sell to me.
In that the thread is "Impeachment proceedings against Trump" I see you efforts to evade the topic childish. "What do the Sauds and MBS get". Sauds, I interpret that to mean the Saudi Arabians, MBS, sorry, I have no idea, perhaps you should forward this on to Mr Mueller, he would investigate your charges or better yet send this to CNN, they will certainly entertain your charge.
With regard to the "Qatari", they are getting ICBM's that Kushner's father made while in prison, does that answer your question? I have been told from "informants" that the Qatari are unsure as to whom that should target, Russia, Ukraine, Israel, Saudi Arabia or the U.S. do you have any suggestions? I will be happy to forward them on through my "informants".
"I hope that there a modicum of embarrassment with ostriches on the right once this is more out in the open. It is out for people who actually get out of their bubble and head out of the sand."
I am sorry, too many indefinite pronouns in this sentence for me to comprehend, perhaps you could provide detail, as to "this is more out in the open".

24 May 2018 21:42 #244 by driver8
Ramage..... if you lived in S.Fl for 25 years you would know Weston, as the crow flies it's at best 15 miles from Ft.Luaderdale to Weston.... 29 miles west or so is a large canal, know to folks as the Interceptor canal... named by the SFWMD (South Florida Water Management District for the acronym disabled). Go another 6 miles and you are now in the best sawgrass swamp money can buy... you know, what you seem to relish as someone who voted for the greatest con man in the country... sad.

24 May 2018 22:09 #245 by ScienceChic
ramage,
The quid pro quo came, as explained in the article, because the Ukranian president authorized information to be leaked to hurt Trump in the election thinking that Hillary would win. When she didn't, he felt alarmed that he needed to make up to Trump, and his efforts to meet weren't getting anywhere so that's how he got through back channels to reach Cohen whom he paid either $400K or $600K for some time with the President.

Manafort was paid by pro-Russian Ukranians. Pushing the investigation to a department that essentially shelved it hurts him but supposedly was his attempt to "appease" Trump. I'm sure he was also looking for support that Obama hadn't given Ukraine.

This investigation has a lot of complexity to it. What's pretty obvious is that Trump looks out for Trump first, his only loyalty is to himself. He could very well have conspired with the Russians while also getting favors for his friends from enemies of Russia.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 May 2018 08:41 #246 by ramage
SC,
Is this a correct reading of your comment:
1. Poroshenko meddles in the US election in order to get Clinton elected.
2. She is not elected.
3. Poroshenko feels he needs to make up to Trump.
4. At this meeting he announces that Ukraine will be purchasing missiles, to be used if necessary against Russia.
5. Obama refused to allow Ukraine these missiles.
Therefore Trump is colluding with Russia by selling missiles to the Ukraine that can be used to kill Russians.

25 May 2018 08:57 #247 by ramage
Not being a crow I have to drive from FLL to Weston. It go to know that you own or represent the owner of the land in the Water Conservation Areas 2 & 3. Having hunted there for many years I would love to purchase one of the Stiltsville-like cabins to use as a hunting camp. Do mineral rights come with the property?

25 May 2018 09:22 #248 by ramage
Lest one forget, Russia annexed the Crimea from the Ukraine in 2014, the Obama Administration did nothing to aid the Ukrainians in their fight.

25 May 2018 10:20 - 25 May 2018 10:22 #249 by driver8

ramage wrote: Lest one forget, Russia annexed the Crimea from the Ukraine in 2014, the Obama Administration did nothing to aid the Ukrainians in their fight.

Do you hate Obama that much that you ignore/discount anything he did? That is the constant refrain from people on the right.....

He instituted sanctions against Russia and then expanded these sanctions that have caused Putin and his oligarch buddies great financial duress. Could he have done more... that is up for debate. But he did something...

Why do you think putin took over control of trump to help out here? That was his initial quid pro quo.... remove these sanctions.

www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctio...ments/ukraine_eo.pdf
www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctio...ents/ukraine_eo2.pdf

25 May 2018 13:56 #250 by ramage
A preemptive statement: I am not a racist.
I do not hate Obama, I pointed out that he did nothing to aid the Ukrainians in their fight against the Russians. In that you sell real estate in South Florida perhaps you may also be in the yacht business. If so, please let me know of any mega-yachts for sale due to the great financial duress that they are suffering due to Obama's economic sanctions.
"Why do you think putin took over control of trump to help out here?" Can I interpret this to mean that Putin took over control of Trump so that Trump would allow the sale of ballistic missiles directed towards Russia which Obama did not and a possible Clinton administration would not. If not what do you mean by "here"?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mercman

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds