Impeachment proceedings against Trump

07 Apr 2018 12:07 #211 by FredHayek
This quixotic campaign to get President Trump impeached is running out of steam. Why is it taking so long for Mueller to set up his case? By the time this investigation is done, Donald will have lost the 2020 reelection to Oprah Winfrey. Sure there were irregularities, a national campaign is always going to have issues, but I haven't seen enough to convince a majority of Republicans in the House and 2/3rds in the Senate to drive him out of office. No impeachment has ever been successful.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2018 14:46 #212 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: This quixotic campaign to get President Trump impeached is running out of steam. Why is it taking so long for Mueller to set up his case? By the time this investigation is done, Donald will have lost the 2020 reelection to Oprah Winfrey. Sure there were irregularities, a national campaign is always going to have issues, but I haven't seen enough to convince a majority of Republicans in the House and 2/3rds in the Senate to drive him out of office. No impeachment has ever been successful.

Mueller needs something for his precious legacy so they are looking in every nook and cranny for ANYTHING done wrong by anyone surrounding Trump or Trump himself... nothing to do with collusion of course since that was one of the biggest jokes in American history (unless you count Hillary's campaign colluding with Russians to get fake dirt on Trump). I hope there is real justice and all the people in the FBI, DOJ, Obama admin., Clinton campaign are exposed in how they colluded to take down Trump before and after the election. No matter what you think of Trump, the highest powers in our land should never be able to do this kind of thing again.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Apr 2018 16:27 #213 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: So a few butthurt Dems want him impeached, lol.... there are no impeachment proceedings. Maybe if you're lucky and the Dems take the house.

Hey, you questioned whether it was a fact that articles of impeachment had been filed, and I supplied it. From the source. I never said that there were any proceedings, and I never made any claims about the credibility of those filings or who had done them. If you want to now move the goal posts and deride who did them, fine, but I refuted your claim.

Rick wrote: I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm picking on your thread all the time but my dad has the same distorted opinion and tells me that there is an impeachment process ongoing that will eventually impeach Trump. Then I ask him "what credible news source is giving you updates on these impeachment proceedings"? We all know (if we're being honest) that the vast majority of the media wants to take Trump out... so why are they not talking about how this impeachment is going, if it is actually a real thing other than the dreams of TDS Democrats?

In one of your recent posts you asked me who my news sources were; I listed several. Have you been checking them? Because they post daily. Perhaps the regular sources you use aren't so diligent.

No, "the vast majority of media" does not want to "take him out". They are doing their jobs reporting on the news. Investigating our government officials, as our Founding Fathers envisioned they would; hence, the First Amendment and the only profession that is constitutionally protected.

Blazer Bob wrote: LOL. I thought you were waiting for all the facts to come in before reaching a judgement.

I've seen enough. The under cover videos of Cambridge Analytica, coupled with the interviews of Trump's own campaign marketing people and how they operated, sealed it for me. His actions have sealed it for me. He's not divested himself of his business holdings, he is profiting off of this presidency, he's been golfing way too much, the White House isn't using secure email, many of his appointees have pleaded guilty to criminal charges or are under investigation, Scott Pruitt is as corrupt as they come and Trump has praised his efforts, and he cheated on every one of his wives and has been married 3 times - his lack of moral and ethical behavior should've disqualified him from even becoming a candidate, much less being elected.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: LJ

11 Apr 2018 19:58 #214 by FredHayek
So it looks like Trump will go down to StormyGate? And not the Russians nor Putin. Or should we call it WhitewaterII? Keep digging until you find something.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Apr 2018 14:00 #215 by ScienceChic
I'm still working on reading through this, but here's the official report released by the OIG on McCabe.

A Report of Investigation of Certain Allegations Relating to Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
February 2018

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 May 2018 08:57 #216 by Rick
So it's been a while now and lots of fun new revelations have come to light... just wondering who is still clinging to hope that Trump will be impeached for colluding with Russians or even obstruction of justice?
I was also wondering how certain all of you anti-Trump people are that there was no collusion among the DOJ, FBI, Obama administration, and Clinton campaign to take out Trump before and after he was elected? Do you really believe that all the members of this investigation acted properly and legally to achieve a fair and honest conclusion?

Since this thread started, I've stated over and over that I don't believe he would be impeached because there is no evidence he colluded or obstructed. Are there any of you who are willing to commit to the innocence of all these investigators and the tactics they have used? I'm guessing there won't be anyone here willing to make a stand about the truthfulness and integrity of this investigation. Prove me wrong.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 May 2018 09:37 #217 by ScienceChic
As a gentle reminder Rick, this forum is for debating the issues not making this personal.

I've posted my sources, I've posted court documents and official government releases as evidence. People have been charged by grand juries and they have pleaded guilty; there are additional sealed indictments still waiting to be revealed. The investigation continues by teams of professionals and so long as the process is not illegally thwarted, then I will accept the rulings of the juries once this concludes in court. I stand by every statement I've made, and I continue to watch for new developments as I can. You are welcome to bring up any new developments that you wish to discuss.

My desire if for the truth and justice to prevail, whatever that may be. I don't care which party a guilty member belongs to, I want corruption rooted out and punished. We are Americans first, and we cannot allow hostile foreign adversaries to divide us.

08 May 2018 11:37 #218 by ramage
Rick,
I am NOT hoping that Trump will be impeached. Impeachment is the result of a vote in the U.S. House of Representatives. If the democrats gain control of the House there is very little question that they would pass Articles of Impeachment, requiring only a simple majority.
The House bill would then go to the Senate where it would be tried. A 2/3s vote is required to pass the impeachment bill.
There is no argument as to what the goal of the democrats and the media is: impeachment. The press will equate the passing of an impeachment bill with guilt. Not unlike an individual being charged and found guilty by the press before trial.
That being said, Mueller and Comey are despicable. I would encourge SC to read the unredacted material that the DOJ was forced to turn over to the House Committee. It is beyond my understanding as to why the DOJ does not comply with the requests of the House Oversight committee.
"The investigation continues by teams of professionals and so long as the process is not illegally thwarted..." ScienceChic. The teams are using the process illegally, does that not bother you?

08 May 2018 23:22 #219 by ramage
As sure as the sun rises in the East, Mueller had linked "Stormygate" with "Russiagate".
Who knows she may be in a video urinating on the bed that the Obamas are said to have used, as pointed in the Steele Dossier. Considering her career she probably has had some practice in the technique.
To paraphrase Joe Welch in the McCarthy hearings, " Mr. Mueller have you no sense of decency".

10 May 2018 16:29 #220 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote: As a gentle reminder Rick, this forum is for debating the issues not making this personal.

I've posted my sources, I've posted court documents and official government releases as evidence. People have been charged by grand juries and they have pleaded guilty; there are additional sealed indictments still waiting to be revealed. The investigation continues by teams of professionals and so long as the process is not illegally thwarted, then I will accept the rulings of the juries once this concludes in court. I stand by every statement I've made, and I continue to watch for new developments as I can. You are welcome to bring up any new developments that you wish to discuss.

My desire if for the truth and justice to prevail, whatever that may be. I don't care which party a guilty member belongs to, I want corruption rooted out and punished. We are Americans first, and we cannot allow hostile foreign adversaries to divide us.

Maybe I'm wrong SC, but to make something "personal", wouldn't I need to call someone out by name?

I don't understand why asking anti-Trump people a pretty start forward question is somehow too personal or beyond what should be said in a debate forum. Surely by now everybody has a gut feeling about whether or not the investigation had been started in an honest and ethical way... there's plenty of evidence if you are not getting one sided information. Oh well, I can't force anyone to answer, all I can do is ask.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds