Roe V. Wade Has Been Overturned

24 Jun 2022 08:36 #1 by FredHayek
Wow! Never thought I would see this in my lifetime. I wonder what changes it will make in America. Will we see a wider gulf between Red and Blue States? Will this rally the Democrats to fight in the November midterms? Will women move to the states that promise partial birth abortions?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2022 08:42 #2 by ramage
This is a great ruling for Colorado!
We were first in the nation to legalize recreational marijuana and now we will be first in the nation as an abortion destination. A new cottage industry will develop and the money will come rolling in.
Marijuana limos will service pregnant persons (politically correct), so they can get stoned on the way to their abortion, need not be concerned about the effects of marijuana on the fetus as it is soon to be consigned to the dustbin.

24 Jun 2022 08:53 #3 by ScienceChic
The implications of this action will be far more widespread and damaging for this nation and her citizens than I fear many realize. What a sad day for America.

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion AP News June 24, 2022

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

24 Jun 2022 08:54 #4 by homeagain
OMG...WHAT FRIGGIN SURPRISE...the leaked memo, the weasel "K", the UNBALANCED count of judges
females vs males,conservative vs. liberal and U expected a different outcome???

THE STRAIN on our healthcare system will be astronomical......abortion practitioners/clinics AND graduates
who did NOT elect to enroll in abortion procedures and KNOW NOTHING about the field.. not to mention it will be the "moneyed" populace that come....fuck the poor,who can not secure the time off or money.

24 Jun 2022 08:59 #5 by Rick
Will leftists do what they do best and start burning and looting cities again?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Jun 2022 09:03 #6 by Rick
Don't worry SC, babies can still be killed up until the time of birth in states like CA.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Jun 2022 09:08 #7 by driver8
The 'we want our freedoms' people sure want to take away a lot of freedoms and force THEIR beliefs on you SC. The ignorant white men of park county I'm sure are rejoicing.

24 Jun 2022 09:11 #8 by Rick
I think my freedom ends at the point where it endagers the life of another human being, no matter how young.

George Orwell

24 Jun 2022 09:14 #9 by ScienceChic
This is everyone’s notice that group bashing, insults, demeaning of others, etc will stop right now in this topic. It’s a heated issue, but we will not take it out on each other, or you can go to the Ring to discuss it. Talk about the issue at hand, not “leftists” or “ignorant white men.”

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Jun 2022 09:18 #10 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: I think my freedom ends at the point where it endagers the life of another human being, no matter how young.

Question for you: should we all now be compelled to give up our body tissues in order to save the life of another? Because right now, I can’t force you to give me your kidney, or liver, or heart if it matches and would save my life, but hey, if I’m dying and need it, cough it up man.

It’s no different than a woman being forced to carry a fetus “because life is sacrosanct” than being forced to donate an organ to save another. That’s an ugly slippery slope we’re now on.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds