Roe V. Wade Has Been Overturned

24 Jun 2022 12:45 #51 by koobookie
When was abortion "rare," Rick?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2022 12:47 #52 by driver8

koobookie wrote: When Trump was elected, I remarked to a friend that I was worried about Roe v Wade. He assured me that it was safe and the judges Trump would appoint would not overturn that decision. Look what happened today - it's not inconceivable that LGBTQ rights, marriage equality, and contraception will be on the chopping block.

You say it can't happen, but Clarence only needs four other justices to join him and we are back to 1950.

Cases are being brought before the Supreme Court. This is from 2015, so not too long ago.

www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/qa-issues-...s-gay-marriage-cases

Narrow minded people are constantly trying to impose their own version of morality upon everyone else.

I used to snicker when people would compare christians and evangelicals in the US to the Taliban. Now I see the close similarities as far as the lack of respect for women. Now I see that we do basically have an American Taliban.

24 Jun 2022 12:48 #53 by koobookie
Here's some information on abortions:

abc7news.com/roe-wade-overturned-abortio...-court-law/11841595/

Abortion rates have actually fallen.

24 Jun 2022 13:10 #54 by ScienceChic
I think abortions should be a decision made by the mother, the father (if present and engaged), and her doctor and the timing will vary based on each individual case. Pregnancies are lost all the time naturally because of unviable fetuses, and I don't believe a woman should be forced to carry an unviable fetus to term no matter when she finds out that it's unviable - whether at 6 weeks or 36 weeks. Nor do I believe she should be forced to carry a fetus created by rape or incest. She didn't choose to be sexually assaulted and should not bear additional burden due to that crime.

I would prefer if women had access to good, affordable, accessible healthcare so they can obtain birth control to prevent pregnancy, or find out as early as possible that they are pregnant so if they choose to have an abortion that they can do so as early as possible. Closing clinics, reducing funding support for healthcare via Planned Parenthood, and forcing women to make multiple visits, watch videos, get ultrasounds, etc are all delay tactics that make it more difficult for a woman to follow through with her choice. That needs to stop. Limits on early abortion drive more women to get them later

I prefer if birth control were used to prevent pregnancies in the first place and abortions weren't used as such, but again, I believe that choice should be up to each woman.

I think that sex education should be taught in all schools as that reduces unwanted pregnancies.

I don't think abortions used to be rare before Roe v Wade, I think they just weren't tracked because they weren't legal. We have no idea how many women used to get, but we know they did.

I'm not going to get into the rest that you brought up as it's not applicable to this topic at hand.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

24 Jun 2022 15:51 #55 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: OMG...WHAT FRIGGIN SURPRISE...the leaked memo, the weasel "K", the UNBALANCED count of judges
females vs males,conservative vs. liberal and U expected a different outcome???

THE STRAIN on our healthcare system will be astronomical......abortion practitioners/clinics AND graduates
who did NOT elect to enroll in abortion procedures and KNOW NOTHING about the field.. not to mention it will be the "moneyed" populace that come....fuck the poor,who can not secure the time off or money.

AGAIN, what r u willing to risk to undo this travesty???? VOTE FOR YOUR BODY RIGHTS, RESEARCH
THE CANDIDATES THAT FIND THIS OBSCENE, PUT THEM INTO OFFICE,JOIN THE ACLU,BE THERE FOR A WOMAN WHO NEEDS TRANSPORTATION.SUPPORT,JOIN UP AND DEMAND JUSTICE.

24 Jun 2022 17:29 #56 by koobookie
The irony.

Attachments:

24 Jun 2022 17:34 #57 by ramage
Irony.

From the drawing that you posted, do you deny that it represents a woman in her 3rd trimester and a viable infant in utero?

24 Jun 2022 17:42 #58 by Rick
Ramage, I don't think any of them want to discuss a viable human life. I believe they tuck that image away somewhere in their minds in order to justify late term abortions that happen every day.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Jun 2022 08:10 - 25 Jun 2022 11:19 #59 by driver8
Late term abortions of a non-viable fetus that will not live outside the womb. That is your focus. So no, we just don't want to discuss YOUR version of what is a viable life. You are so worried about another person having an abortion but the only thing YOU think about when 19 kids bodies are SHREDDED and DECAPITATED by an assault style rifle meant for one thing, killing... all you are thinking about is somebody taking your precious guns. I think the pictures of the kids destroyed in Uvalde should be posted everywhere. You guys only care about the fetus but care NOTHING about kids being killed, in schools where they SHOULD be safe.

25 Jun 2022 09:45 - 25 Jun 2022 11:19 #60 by FredHayek
There are 68 abortions for every gun death in this country. And in abortion, the mother is killing her own flesh and blood.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds