Roe V. Wade Has Been Overturned

24 Jun 2022 10:22 #31 by koobookie

Rick wrote: SC, I don't think we can ever cme to agreement on anything having to do with abortion if you think a living human is just "bodily tisue" and I think it's a unique living human life.

I have no obligation to give someone one of my organs because I played no part in their organ failure. If I shot someone unjustly and destroyed their only kidney, you could make a good case that I owe them one.

I just happen to believe that the people in each state need to decide what is morally acceptable and what is not. I just don't understand why you think 9 judges 50 years ago had the right to make that decision for all of us. Now the Constitution has the ability to work as designed.

Fantastic, Rick, so I'm going to contact my insurance agent and take out a life insurance policy on my fetus. Then I'm going to make sure the father provides child support starting at the day of conception. You must agree with this, because it is now a human life and I am forced to carry that human life, even if it was conceived via rape or incest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: driver8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2022 10:23 #32 by koobookie

Rick wrote: People are finding it harder to survive with every month that goes by, under democrat rule. Do you really think Democrats will be energized by abortion more than they will be energized to save their standards of living? I'm sure some will, but they are greatly outnumbered imo.

You greatly underestimate the wrath that has been unleashed today.

24 Jun 2022 10:26 #33 by Rick

koobookie wrote:
Make no mistake, the next issue will LGBTQ rights and marriage equality. Will the Supreme Court get to decide who I can and cannot marry, based upon gender or race? You may laugh, but that is next.

This is something I hear from left wing media sources and politicians all the time, and it's just not true, it's made up garbage designed to rile people up. There is no basis for that assertion because there is no evidence.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Jun 2022 10:30 - 24 Jun 2022 10:30 #34 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote:
Make no mistake, the next issue will LGBTQ rights and marriage equality. Will the Supreme Court get to decide who I can and cannot marry, based upon gender or race? You may laugh, but that is next.

This is something I hear from left wing media sources and politicians all the time, and it's just not true, it's made up garbage designed to rile people up. There is no basis for that assertion because there is no evidence.

Yeah, but you see, it's a fact, not a theory.

Clarence Thomas Says Supreme Court Should Overturn Cases Guaranteeing Birth Control and Marriage Equality
www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/clarence-thoma...-equality/ar-AAYPKWp

They're coming for gay marriage, Rick. Ironic, considering Clarence married a woman from a different race. You would think he would have more compassion about marriage equality. Then he's going after your ability to choose birth control. Wow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: driver8

24 Jun 2022 10:49 #35 by driver8

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote:

Yeah, but you see, it's a fact, not a theory.

Clarence Thomas Says Supreme Court Should Overturn Cases Guaranteeing Birth Control and Marriage Equality
www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/clarence-thoma...-equality/ar-AAYPKWp

They're coming for gay marriage, Rick. Ironic, considering Clarence married a woman from a different race. You would think he would have more compassion about marriage equality. Then he's going after your ability to choose birth control. Wow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWB600oWIAAhLXu?format=jpg&name=small

24 Jun 2022 10:51 - 24 Jun 2022 10:54 #36 by ScienceChic
Not made up, it's Justice Thomas's own words. The ruling, if you'd like to read it for yourself: www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/19-1392_6j37.pdf

The pertinent passage regarding the rights that are in their sights next:

Edit to add: do you know what was cited as precedence for Obergefell? Loving vs Virginia.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virginia

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie, driver8

24 Jun 2022 10:55 #37 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie, driver8

24 Jun 2022 10:59 #38 by FredHayek
The pro-abortion movement has had 50 years to pass a law that would preserve this right and they failed. Blame your representatives.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Jun 2022 11:21 #39 by ScienceChic
Our legislature can't even pass a budget or the ERA, what makes you think they're ever going to pass something as controversial as that FH? Forces are at work to further divide this country and rather than find a compromise, rights are being taken away rather than protected. Roe v Wade should stand, and states can keep passing laws to restrict certain aspects of it and the rest of the decision should remain between a woman and her health care provider.

The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

24 Jun 2022 11:21 #40 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: The pro-abortion movement has had 50 years to pass a law that would preserve this right and they failed. Blame your representatives.

But Fred, the US Supreme Court, 50 years ago, ruled that abortion was a right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. Today, they took away that right.

What are they going to take away next?

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds