Maes is handing the race to Hickenlooper

30 Sep 2010 10:14 #11 by The Viking

Ronbo wrote: Why should Maes drop out? He won the primary and then the party turned on him. If I was him I would stay in the race just to spite the republican party.

So rather than looking out for what is best for our state and letting the strongest Republican run against the Democrat, he should just stay in, out of spite to help get a Democrat elected? Then he is a Democratic supporter. All the more reason for him to drop out. He is the 3rd party spoiler candidate right now. If someone is only getting 15% of the vote, then they are not going to win. So who would he rather have? Hickenlooper, or someone who at least holds most of his same beleifs from the same party. That is just pride and that is why he will be known as the guy who handed this state another 4 years of a Democratic Governor.

We had two crappy options for Governor. A plagerist or a liar with nor speaking ability and no experience. Somehow the worst one got elected. But any third option would have won. Had Tancredo stayed in the primary, he would have won. So when he came back and said, that this state needs a 'real' option, the majority of Republicans want him over Maes by over 2 to 1. So Maes should realie the State doesn't want him as our candidate but we had two crappy choices. Now we have a much better Republican candiadte, and the voters are speaking loud and clear. Maes is irrelevant and unless he wants Hickenlooper as our Governor, then he needs to step down and let Tancredo have a fair shot at him.

I am not sure how running 'out of spite' and electing the opposite of what he stands for is going to prove anything other than he is a total selfish moron with more pride than smarts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Sep 2010 10:32 #12 by RenegadeCJ
If Maes stays in, he will go down as the most selfish, idiotic republican in Colorado history (and that is saying a lot). If he wants any future at all in the political realm, he would bow out for the future of Colorado and would instantly gain lots of people's respect for doing the right thing.

I think he is gonna stay in out of spite...the "If I can't be the quarterback, I'm gonna take my ball and go home" mentality. Right now he is acting like a spoiled child.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

30 Sep 2010 10:43 #13 by Ronbo
His politcal career is already over. He couldn't win an election for the PTA now so he has no incentive to drop out.

30 Sep 2010 10:45 #14 by The Viking

Ronbo wrote: His politcal career is already over. He couldn't win an election for the PTA now so he has no incentive to drop out.

Unless he cares about Colorado and Coloradans

30 Sep 2010 10:46 #15 by RenegadeCJ

Ronbo wrote: His politcal career is already over. He couldn't win an election for the PTA now so he has no incentive to drop out.

You would think to save face with people in general, and not go down in the history books as a complete selfish idiot would do it, but maybe he thinks that is the only way his name will be forever remembered. The man who helped turn Colorado into a union bastion....

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

30 Sep 2010 11:08 #16 by Something the Dog Said
I was under the impression that the Republican party selected Maes as their duly elected candidate for governor?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

30 Sep 2010 11:11 #17 by RenegadeCJ

Something the Dog Said wrote: I was under the impression that the Republican party selected Maes as their duly elected candidate for governor?

Yep...because there were only 2 people on the ballot. If Maes had been honest at the outset, we would have had someone else other than the ones on the ballot.

30 Sep 2010 11:23 #18 by Ronbo

The Viking wrote:

Unless he cares about Colorado and Coloradans

Politicians only care about themselves.

30 Sep 2010 11:25 #19 by Something the Dog Said
So you are advocating that the will of the majority of Republican voters be ignored?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

30 Sep 2010 11:41 #20 by RenegadeCJ

Something the Dog Said wrote: So you are advocating that the will of the majority of Republican voters be ignored?

I'm not saying the republicans can remove him from the ballot, I'm saying he should "man up" and remove himself.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds