Maes is handing the race to Hickenlooper

01 Oct 2010 12:29 #31 by Grady
I think Tancredo will get a lot more support in the legislature than the “pundits” think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2010 12:31 #32 by Grady

JMC wrote: Viking, why won't the R's fire this incompetent boob?

Because he's black. I think Steele's job is safe as long as Obama is in office, especially if the GOP does well in November.

01 Oct 2010 12:34 #33 by Nmysys
It's unfortunate that you are right Grady. The Republicans are going to do well, but mostly because of the backlash against Obama and his extreme left agenda. Meanwhile there are still so many in the Republican ranks that need to be purged. Steele will keep his job, but not because he has done so great of a job.

04 Oct 2010 11:55 #34 by Grady
The latest Rasmussen poll has Tancredo picking up ground on the Looper
Hickenlooper 43%
Tancredo 35%
down to 8 points with 30 days left.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... o_governor

Dan Maes, do the right thing tell your few remaining supporters to support Tancredo.
Here is the Do the right thing Dan FB book page.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113165468742756

04 Oct 2010 12:48 #35 by bailey bud

least Tancredo has the right ideas on being fiscally conservative and hard on immigration

If I was fiscally conservative - I would not mind hiring immigrants --- in fact - I'd insist on it......

04 Oct 2010 12:52 #36 by Nobody that matters

bailey bud wrote:

least Tancredo has the right ideas on being fiscally conservative and hard on immigration

If I was fiscally conservative - I would not mind hiring immigrants --- in fact - I'd insist on it......

Unless you really believed that illegal immigrants are killing our economy, and that's even more important than saving a dime.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

04 Oct 2010 13:01 #37 by bailey bud
I think employers would argue with you. Access to an inexpensive labor pool is one of the few things keeping it (the economy) alive.

An immigrant from Latin America will do a job for less than half of what a native-born individual will do the same job for.

(a tech industry employee in India will do it for less than a quarter of the cost - so one day, I'm sure Latin Americans will start complaining about those dang Indians taking their jobs away)

04 Oct 2010 13:09 #38 by Nobody that matters

bailey bud wrote: I think employers would argue with you. Access to an inexpensive labor pool is one of the few things keeping it (the economy) alive.

An immigrant from Latin America will do a job for less than half of what a native-born individual will do the same job for.

(a tech industry employee in India will do it for less than a quarter of the cost - so one day, I'm sure Latin Americans will start complaining about those dang Indians taking their jobs away)

One of my jobs a while back was to review code from an offshore company.

You definitely get what you pay for.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

04 Oct 2010 13:48 #39 by Grady
It’s not about immigrants it is about illegals.

I just read that many of the outsourced call center and tech type jobs are being returned on-shore because India is becoming less cost effective. I remember supporting call centers with 100 or so positions running 24X7 that were closed due to outsourcing, but now with the advent and growth of virtual call centers those jobs are returning the US soil.

04 Oct 2010 17:39 #40 by Travelingirl
Question...is it true that if Maes were to step down the Republican party would be required to name another candidate which would still split the vote? Just wondering...

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds