Maes is handing the race to Hickenlooper

06 Oct 2010 21:06 #51 by LadyJazzer

Grady wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

Grady wrote: You can’t tell me that those last few votes that got him the win over McInnis wasn’t the result of the $500.000 the dems via Colorado Freedom Fund, put into the GOP primary.

But, but, but,...you guys are the ones who are FOR any and all money that can be dropped into the race to win, no matter from whom, and without revealing the source of it!

Did you get hoisted on your own petard?

Is it only okay if it's under-the-radar money from anonymous sources flowing to conservative sources...(from the right people?) Even if it's true, don't the Dems have the right--UNDER YOUR OWN POLICIES--to drop $500K or ANY amount into a GOP primary race to sway the outcome any way they want? (We sure-as-hell know that the GOP would do it in reverse, if they thought it would sway the election their way!)

Don't block every attempt at campaign reporting rules and then squeal like stuck pigs when you get hoisted on your own rules...

Heavens, if I thought donating some money to a bozo Republican...(and there are so many to choose from)...would sway the election to a Dem, I would be writing checks weekly.

Both parties are included. the only difference is the Dems want the Unions to have unlimited ability to spend money and buy influence whereas the repubs want those who are createing wealth and jobs to have that ability.

There is NO difference once you go down that road. The Repubs will have the unlimited ability to buy and influence what they want, and the Dems will have the unlimited ability to buy and influence what they want. The fact that you agree with one and disagree with the other is irrelevant. Again, you are hoisted on your own petard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2010 21:52 #52 by DaffyDick

Nmysys wrote: That's an interesting supposition. Now can you give us some source of that wonderful information you seem so proud of? Our Tea Party in the 285 Corridor didn't support him, even at the convention that I know of, even though we weren't even in existence yet, no one that I know in our group voted for Maes or has ever supported him. Now it is possible that some people in Evergreen may have been supportive from their Tea Party Group, but definitely none of those that I talked to last evening at their debate was supportive of him.

It’s comical to watch the backpedaling on this issue. I guess when you’re ship has sunk, you will grab on to anything that is floating by.

07 Oct 2010 05:36 #53 by RenegadeCJ

Something the Dog Said wrote:
There were no false pretenses. All of the information about Maes, his business, his campaign finance violations, his firing as a police officer, was well known prior to the primary. The Tea Party adopted him, ignored his background and promoted him as a new face.

Really??? Most of us didn't know it. If you did, congrats! The biggest thing to me was throwing an old lady under the bus, and calling her a liar. That happened later...

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Oct 2010 05:40 #54 by Nobody that matters

DaffyDick wrote: It’s comical to watch the backpedaling on this issue. I guess when you’re ship has sunk, you will grab on to anything that is floating by.

You pick your horse and bet. If he turns up lame, you're just plain screwed.

Finding comedy in other's misfortune is not a positive personality trait.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

07 Oct 2010 07:01 #55 by Nmysys
Daffy:

How has my ship sunk? I have been for Tancredo from the beginning. I have never liked or trusted Maes. In an earlier post here on this forum, I commented that I had met with Maes at the State Assembly, and after talking with him for quite a while, I determined that he was the most arrogant asshole I had ever met. I cannot see him running the State of Colorado. I think Hickenlooper would turn the complete state into a sanctuary for Illegals, so I personally am supporting Tancredo.

07 Oct 2010 07:32 #56 by The Dude
Am I the only one that think Boss Hog and Tancredo are the same person?? Yes. Tancredo has more hair... But those rosey red alchoholic cheeks and nose, along with his speech.. He sounds like a non southern Boss Hog. Not to mention Tancredo comes across as having a god complex about him that I dont trust.

07 Oct 2010 09:00 #57 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote:

Grady wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

Grady wrote: You can’t tell me that those last few votes that got him the win over McInnis wasn’t the result of the $500.000 the dems via Colorado Freedom Fund, put into the GOP primary.

But, but, but,...you guys are the ones who are FOR any and all money that can be dropped into the race to win, no matter from whom, and without revealing the source of it!

Did you get hoisted on your own petard?

Is it only okay if it's under-the-radar money from anonymous sources flowing to conservative sources...(from the right people?) Even if it's true, don't the Dems have the right--UNDER YOUR OWN POLICIES--to drop $500K or ANY amount into a GOP primary race to sway the outcome any way they want? (We sure-as-hell know that the GOP would do it in reverse, if they thought it would sway the election their way!)

Don't block every attempt at campaign reporting rules and then squeal like stuck pigs when you get hoisted on your own rules...

Heavens, if I thought donating some money to a bozo Republican...(and there are so many to choose from)...would sway the election to a Dem, I would be writing checks weekly.

Both parties are included. the only difference is the Dems want the Unions to have unlimited ability to spend money and buy influence whereas the repubs want those who are createing wealth and jobs to have that ability.

There is NO difference once you go down that road. The Repubs will have the unlimited ability to buy and influence what they want, and the Dems will have the unlimited ability to buy and influence what they want. The fact that you agree with one and disagree with the other is irrelevant. Again, you are hoisted on your own petard.

Maybe my post was to subtle, I wasn’t complaining about the Colorado Freedom Fund’s involvement in the GOP primary process. In fact it wasn’t a bad tactic to get the weakest opposition candidate elected. The only problem was that the candidate was too weak and somebody else stepped in to make it a race. My message was aimed that those few who still support Maes, that he didn’t win by his own means, that his win was aided by the dems wanting to face the weakest candidate.
I don't own a petard :biggrin:

07 Oct 2010 09:06 #58 by LadyJazzer
I've got an extra one I can sell you cheaply... :biggrin:

07 Oct 2010 09:12 #59 by Grady

The Dude wrote: Am I the only one that think Boss Hog and Tancredo are the same person?? Yes. Tancredo has more hair... But those rosey red alchoholic cheeks and nose, along with his speech.. He sounds like a non southern Boss Hog. Not to mention Tancredo comes across as having a god complex about him that I dont trust.

Sounds just like the picture the left media has painted of Tancredo. Why don't you come to the 285 Tea Party meeting on the 20th at Beaver Ranch and meet Tancredo for yourself. I think you'd be surprised. Those rosy cheeks you seem to be so enamored with are more from fresh air and sun on a Harley than from anything else. Tancredo isn’t the one who built a brewery to support his habit.

07 Oct 2010 09:15 #60 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote: I've got an extra one I can sell you cheaply... :biggrin:

is it chrome?

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds