Maes is handing the race to Hickenlooper

30 Sep 2010 13:15 #21 by Nmysys

So you are advocating that the will of the majority of Republican voters be ignored?

I was at the State Assembly when Maes got the win and IMHO he got it from people who did not like his opponent, not because they were necessarily for him. It was shocking to most of the people that I talked to, that Maes did so well. I spoke with him personally for quite a while and I have stated this before, he came off to me as being one of the most arrogant people I had ever met.

Your statement in quotes above, is basically answered by the majority of voters polled, that they are more in favor of Tom Tancredo than Maes, who has proven to not be the successful businessman that he claims to be, not be the undercover officer that he claimed to be, and not able to get past the scandals he has created just since he got the nomination.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Sep 2010 16:02 #22 by Cat Crap Hill
The ballots have already been printed. Maes' name will stay on the ballot, whether or not he does the right thing and removes himself. Perhaps a lesson to all voters is to do a little due diligence before voting for a person who main qualification is that he isn't the other person.

30 Sep 2010 16:13 #23 by Nmysys
Realize that 2010 has been different than most previous years inasmuch as that probably every precinct in the state, every county in the state, was fully represented for the first time, and that it was the thing to do, to get rid of the insiders, basically vote them all out. This caused McGinnis to lose to most people's surprise. I agree with your statement about doing the due diligence, but just giving my observations from attending the Assembly and talking with a great number of people that day.

30 Sep 2010 16:46 #24 by Grady

Something the Dog Said wrote: I was under the impression that the Republican party selected Maes as their duly elected candidate for governor?

Yep we, (yes I am one of those who voted for Maes at Assembly) were hoodwinked, lied to, and conned. But I guess that's what Maes does. We made a mistake, it's now up to Maes to rectify that mistake. :Crying:

30 Sep 2010 20:02 #25 by bailey bud
fellows - relax - I was trying to defend Tancredo!

No - I don't really intend to vote for him ---- but the fiasco with the illegal laborers was something I totally understand!

I don't think he deserves to be raked through the coals for the incident (although he would have raked an opponent through the coals for doing the same thing)

01 Oct 2010 08:15 #26 by Photo-fish
Looks like RNC Chairman Steele is handing the race to Hick. :Whistle

"As chairman of the Republican Party, I support the Republican nominee, and I encourage every Republican in Colorado to stand with that nominee and to make sure that nominee has a chance to win."

Party first ya know...

http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-steele-supports-maes-txt,0,6879258.story

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

01 Oct 2010 08:29 #27 by The Viking

Photo-fish wrote: Looks like RNC Chairman Steele is handing the race to Hick. :Whistle

"As chairman of the Republican Party, I support the Republican nominee, and I encourage every Republican in Colorado to stand with that nominee and to make sure that nominee has a chance to win."

Party first ya know...

http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-steele-supports-maes-txt,0,6879258.story

I can't wait until they kick Steele out or he leaves. I was all for him at the begining but now realize that he is just another establishment Republicans who has extremely poor judgement with all the controversy he has raised with things he has done and said. He has almost become as embarassing to the Republicans as Howard Dean was and is to the Democrats. He is so out of touch.

01 Oct 2010 08:41 #28 by JMC
Viking, why won't the R's fire this incompetent boob?

01 Oct 2010 08:47 #29 by The Viking

JMC wrote: Viking, why won't the R's fire this incompetent boob?

They have asked him to leave several times. I am not sure of the procedure as to how to fire him. Is it a vote? Maybe there are enough establishment R's who want him to stay. Not sure.

01 Oct 2010 09:45 #30 by Nobody that matters
Maes ran under false pretenses. I supported him during the primaries. More information has come to light since the primaries. He's not the man I voted for.

I'll probably vote for Tancredo now, although I'm not sure he can be effective given the baggage he'd bring to office. He'd be a damn sight better than Hickenlooper because at least Tancredo has the right ideas on being fiscally conservative and hard on immigration.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds