Maes is handing the race to Hickenlooper

29 Sep 2010 19:56 #1 by The Viking
Maes is down to 15% and Tancredo up to 34% only 10% behind Hickenlooper. Maes said today that it is too close to the finish line and won't drop out even though he considered it this week. So if you add his percentage to Tancredo, he could beat Hickenlooper. Maes needs a lot of people to call his office and tell him to stop supporting a Democrat for Governor!

POLL: HICKENLOOPER 44%, TANCREDO 34%, MAES 15%: A Fox News poll released yesterday found that Democrat John Hickenlooper has 44 percent of the support, third-party candidate Tom Tancredo has 34 percent support, and Republican Dan Maes has 15 percent of the support in Colorado’s gubernatorial race. While the poll shows Hickenlooper still has a sizable lead, Tancredo is polling better than he ever has in the race.

http://www.thedenverdailynews.com/article.php?aID=10130

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Sep 2010 22:39 #2 by bailey bud
I'd prefer to see a business savy Democrat , instead of an impossible zealot.

I don't support Tancredo. He lost my respect a long time ago.

This is one of those issues where you and I will simply agree to disagree.

29 Sep 2010 23:07 #3 by The Viking

bailey bud wrote: I'd prefer to see a business savy Democrat , instead of an impossible zealot.

I don't support Tancredo. He lost my respect a long time ago.

This is one of those issues where you and I will simply agree to disagree.

THIS is business savy?

Democratic candidate for governor John Hickenlooper has proposed installing tractor-trailer restrictions along sections of I-70 in Colorado during times of heavy traffic, such as weekend rush hours. The Colorado Independent reported that Hickenlooper would like to ban vehicles heading westbound on Friday afternoons and trucks heading eastbound on Sunday afternoons.

The article quoted Hickenlooper as saying that the ability of residents to get for the mountains for recreation is vital to Colorado. The article cited California’s ban on trucks through Donner Pass during inclement weather as an example.

Just my opinion, but California restricting truck traffic through a mountainous region during times of snow and high winds for safety reasons is a far cry from Colorado restricting truck traffic and slowing interstate trade because residents want to enjoy their weekends.

http://blog.fleetowner.com/trucking-str ... nors-race/

29 Sep 2010 23:53 #4 by bailey bud
Yes - business savy.

http://coloradoindependent.com/wp-conte ... re-103.png

By comparison - Tancredo invested in a Ponzi scheme - which incidentally was advertised on the Mike Rosen show.......

30 Sep 2010 07:03 #5 by Photo-fish
Didn't Tancredo get busted for hiring illegal immigrants to work at his home?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

30 Sep 2010 07:16 #6 by bailey bud
"busted" is likely a strong word.

I believe it was a sub-contractor...

I'm not a Tancredo fan, so I thought the incident was humorous.
(it showed how im-practical his stance is)

30 Sep 2010 07:19 #7 by Nobody that matters

Photo-fish wrote: Didn't Tancredo get busted for hiring illegal immigrants to work at his home?

No, a contractor he hired to work on his home hired illegals, and the media made a circus out of it even tho Tancredo fired the contractor as soon as he found out.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

30 Sep 2010 07:43 #8 by Grady

Photo-fish wrote: Didn't Tancredo get busted for hiring illegal immigrants to work at his home?

no, it was a contractor.

30 Sep 2010 07:50 #9 by Grady

bailey bud wrote: "busted" is likely a strong word.

I believe it was a sub-contractor...

I'm not a Tancredo fan, so I thought the incident was humorous.
(it showed how im-practical his stance is)

It's going to take time but illegals can be weeded out and deported. Implement E-Verify, and employer sanctions, go after visa over-stays. But it won't if we hide our heads in the sand and continue to elect sanctuary promoting politicians.

30 Sep 2010 09:36 #10 by Ronbo
Why should Maes drop out? He won the primary and then the party turned on him. If I was him I would stay in the race just to spite the republican party.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds