Maes is handing the race to Hickenlooper

04 Oct 2010 19:09 #41 by Something the Dog Said
That would be an interesting scenario, because the ballots are already printed with Maes as the Republican candidate. So there might be a three way split between those who vote for Maes since his name is printed on the ballot, true Republicans who would write in the Republican candidate and those who vote for Tancredo.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2010 14:25 #42 by Nmysys
Last night at the Debate in Evergreen, Maes claimed that all the ads against him were lies. Tancredo talked about his own record, and received loud cheers and a rousing round of applause. These were my personal observations. You can see for yourself by watching the posted videos of the event.

Members of the Evergreen-Conifer Tea Party Group asked me, if there was anything that we in the 285 Corridor Tea Party Group could do to get Maes to drop out of the race. ( afterwards, I thought to myself, that they were kind of instrumental in bringing him into the race in the beginning )

It seems to me that the worse his poll numbers get, the more he is determined to dig in his heels. He seems to actually think that he is going to pull off a miracle, IMO.

06 Oct 2010 14:38 #43 by Something the Dog Said
Hey, he was the candidate duly elected by the Republican voters, why should he drop out?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

06 Oct 2010 15:02 #44 by Grady

Something the Dog Said wrote: Hey, he was the candidate duly elected by the Republican voters, why should he drop out?

Because he was elected under false pretenses. You can’t tell me that those last few votes that got him the win over McInnis wasn’t the result of the $500.000 the dems via Colorado Freedom Fund, put into the GOP primary. Then there is, his business resume exaggerations, the election commission fines, Freda Poundstone. Maes is way behind in the polls and in raising money, he cannot win, he cannot even come in 2nd place at this point.

this is the link to the "Do the Right Thing Dan" FB page
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113165468742756

:biggrin:

06 Oct 2010 15:21 #45 by RenegadeCJ

Something the Dog Said wrote: Hey, he was the candidate duly elected by the Republican voters, why should he drop out?

I understand your dog in this race....you're only hope of a Hick sure win is with Maes in. If Maes were a dem, you would be asking him to step down as well. It is an integrity issue. Conservatives expect integrity, even though republicans and democrats don't.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

06 Oct 2010 16:08 #46 by LadyJazzer

Grady wrote: You can’t tell me that those last few votes that got him the win over McInnis wasn’t the result of the $500.000 the dems via Colorado Freedom Fund, put into the GOP primary.

But, but, but,...you guys are the ones who are FOR any and all money that can be dropped into the race to win, no matter from whom, and without revealing the source of it!

Did you get hoisted on your own petard?

Is it only okay if it's under-the-radar money from anonymous sources flowing to conservative sources...(from the right people?) Even if it's true, don't the Dems have the right--UNDER YOUR OWN POLICIES--to drop $500K or ANY amount into a GOP primary race to sway the outcome any way they want? (We sure-as-hell know that the GOP would do it in reverse, if they thought it would sway the election their way!)

Don't block every attempt at campaign reporting rules and then squeal like stuck pigs when you get hoisted on your own rules...

Heavens, if I thought donating some money to a bozo Republican...(and there are so many to choose from)...would sway the election to a Dem, I would be writing checks weekly.

06 Oct 2010 16:11 #47 by LadyJazzer

RenegadeCJ wrote: Conservatives expect integrity, even though republicans and democrats don't.

rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

You KNOW I'm saving this one for another day...

Do the names:

Vitter
Paladino
O'Donnell
Angle
Cunningham
Ney
Abramoff
Foley
Renzi
Ensign

...mean anything to you...

Thanks... I needed that...

rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

06 Oct 2010 16:50 #48 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote:

Grady wrote: You can’t tell me that those last few votes that got him the win over McInnis wasn’t the result of the $500.000 the dems via Colorado Freedom Fund, put into the GOP primary.

But, but, but,...you guys are the ones who are FOR any and all money that can be dropped into the race to win, no matter from whom, and without revealing the source of it!

Did you get hoisted on your own petard?

Is it only okay if it's under-the-radar money from anonymous sources flowing to conservative sources...(from the right people?) Even if it's true, don't the Dems have the right--UNDER YOUR OWN POLICIES--to drop $500K or ANY amount into a GOP primary race to sway the outcome any way they want? (We sure-as-hell know that the GOP would do it in reverse, if they thought it would sway the election their way!)

Don't block every attempt at campaign reporting rules and then squeal like stuck pigs when you get hoisted on your own rules...

Heavens, if I thought donating some money to a bozo Republican...(and there are so many to choose from)...would sway the election to a Dem, I would be writing checks weekly.

Both parties are included. the only difference is the Dems want the Unions to have unlimited ability to spend money and buy influence whereas the repubs want those who are createing wealth and jobs to have that ability.

06 Oct 2010 18:11 #49 by Something the Dog Said

Grady wrote:

Because he was elected under false pretenses. You can’t tell me that those last few votes that got him the win over McInnis wasn’t the result of the $500.000 the dems via Colorado Freedom Fund, put into the GOP primary. Then there is, his business resume exaggerations, the election commission fines, Freda Poundstone. Maes is way behind in the polls and in raising money, he cannot win, he cannot even come in 2nd place at this point.

this is the link to the "Do the Right Thing Dan" FB page
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113165468742756

:biggrin:

There were no false pretenses. All of the information about Maes, his business, his campaign finance violations, his firing as a police officer, was well known prior to the primary. The Tea Party adopted him, ignored his background and promoted him as a new face.

06 Oct 2010 19:56 #50 by Nmysys
That's an interesting supposition. Now can you give us some source of that wonderful information you seem so proud of? Our Tea Party in the 285 Corridor didn't support him, even at the convention that I know of, even though we weren't even in existence yet, no one that I know in our group voted for Maes or has ever supported him. Now it is possible that some people in Evergreen may have been supportive from their Tea Party Group, but definitely none of those that I talked to last evening at their debate was supportive of him.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds